Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    In the space of five minutes at Sunderland in November 1998, Barnsley striker Ashley Ward scored, missed a penalty and was sent off.

Leicester City went through an entire FA Cup tie with Northampton Town in 1997 without committing a single foul. Leicester won 4-0.

At the age of 52, Pedro Gatica cycled from his home in Argentina to Mexico for the 1986 World Cup, only to find on arrival that he couldn’t afford to get in. While he was trying to haggle for a ticket, thieves stole his bike.

Romanian midfielder Ion Radu was sold by Second Division Jiul Petrosani to Valcea in 1998 for 500kg of pork (Worth about £1750).

Fans at Gillingham were subjected to celery searches in 1996. a craze had started for waving sticks of celery while chanting an obscene song. So anyone caught in possession of the vegetable was threatened with a life ban.

That's it for today lads! Look forward to reading more of yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    That's it for today lads! Look forward to reading more of yours!
    but your god at this

Blog Entries
    I regret to inform you all but that is it. There aren't any more stories anymore in this spo-WROOONG!
    Lets do this! (Great stats again pal)

Manchester City stories:
    The season of 1957/58 for man city is a special 1. Because they became the first (and still the only) team to ever score AND concede over 100 goals in a season.
    In 2006, City became the first Gay friendly employer sports team and no you cannot laugh, since most football teams followed City there footsteps which is a good thing
    Manchester United. 19 first division championships, impressive? I guess. But what really counts is how you bounce back from relagation like West Brom used to do. So who has the most second division titles? Manchester City with 7 titles. Don't worry, if you think thats to many, we've been runners-up 4 times as well
    If you have watched Aguero recently, you should notice he has Kun Aguero on the back of his shirt. Kun is his nickname given to him by his grandparents. Its origin is from a cartoon character called kum-kum from his favourite show as a child

Non-Citizen Football stories:
    Qatar, the host of the 2022 world cup, have just 1 stadium. Thats right, 1 stadium, it holds 16k but it is an athletics based stadium and not an all seater stadium. Good choice FIFA It's not like USA has over 100 stadiums that can hold over 75k and Australia has a good handful themselves.
    Leicester City can hold the stat that they're 1 of the most unluckiest teams never to win the FA Cup, they have made 4 finals and never won.
    Stephen Fry was at the Man Utd - Norwich game yesterday
    Forest Green Rovers are the luckiest side in the world. Whilst in the Conference they should of gone down nearly every single year for 6 years running but didn't? How did they survive? The FA kept changing how many went down every year.
    When Hull City went up into the premier league they at 1 point were 3rd early on. Drawing Yorkshires best position in the league since Leeds United went down. However, in that same season their luck ran out half way through and went on a 19 game losing streak (thats half a premier league season) and survived on the last day. All they had to do was do better than Newcastle United (who faced Villa) whilst they faced Man Utd, at Old Trafford. Hull Lost which means Newcastle only needed to draw! Sadly, they lost 1-0...to an own goal. My diehard Toon fan cried lol

England FC. Always seem to be 1 of the favs to go all the way, but hold on before you bet for them lads, because its not all great news for us. Out of 19 world cups we have qualified for 13, we didn't enter the first 3 and have failed to qualify 3 times. For the Euro Champs, we have made 7/13. With only 1 tournament we didn't enter, the rest we failed to qualify.
    Of these 20 tournaments we have only made the semis 4 times, with only 1 of these being a win in '66. We aren't exactly the behemoths we think we are on paper.
    Having said this, excluding Brazil, we're the highest ranked team in the world the most number of times. At 4. We also hold the record for longest spot as number 1. So nyeh to Brazil! lol

The first proper international match was Scotland vs. England in 30th november 1872. Who won? All of us did, a great sport was finally up and running (incidentally, it was 0-0)

Blind Chelsea fans look away now. Its hatred-section for me meaning I bash or praise someone who deserves it. This post is Frank Lampard. You blame Gerrard for Lampard not being so good hmm? Explain this then.
    Gerrard - played 89 - scored 19
    Lampard - played 88 - scored 22
    Then remember Lampard takes all our pens. So take 3/4 away from Lampard. I don't give me that rubbish of he's better than Barry, Milner or Scott Parker. These guys are assisters and don't go for a lot of shots. Goals do not make a midfielder.

I'll just post stories from now on if you guys don't want the Van-BS included Also sorry that these are more stats than stories, but I think interesting stats are just as good as some stories can be. Hope you enjoy.
    E-fedding
    Van Hooligan X
    4 time World Champion
    Only 2 time dual World Champion
    Won more awards than your best character has had #1 contender matches
    APW co-founder
    Hall of Famer

Most successful wrestler of all time
    1 of the most successful managers of all time
    Member of the greatest faction of all time (The Clique)
    1/2 of the great tag team of all time (The Infection w/Carlos Alberto Ramon)
    The destroyer of EFeds (w/Dennis)

Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    I regret to inform you all but that is it. There aren't any more stories anymore in this spo-WROOONG!
    Lets do this! (Great stats again pal)

Manchester City stories:
    The season of 1957/58 for man city is a special 1. Because they became the first (and still the only) team to ever score AND concede over 100 goals in a season.
    In 2006, City became the first Gay friendly employer sports team and no you cannot laugh, since most football teams followed City there footsteps which is a good thing
    Manchester United. 19 first division championships, impressive? I guess. But what really counts is how you bounce back from relagation like West Brom used to do. So who has the most second division titles? Manchester City with 7 titles. Don't worry, if you think thats to many, we've been runners-up 4 times as well
    If you have watched Aguero recently, you should notice he has Kun Aguero on the back of his shirt. Kun is his nickname given to him by his grandparents. Its origin is from a cartoon character called kum-kum from his favourite show as a child

Non-Citizen Football stories:
    Qatar, the host of the 2022 world cup, have just 1 stadium. Thats right, 1 stadium, it holds 16k but it is an athletics based stadium and not an all seater stadium. Good choice FIFA It's not like USA has over 100 stadiums that can hold over 75k and Australia has a good handful themselves.
    Leicester City can hold the stat that they're 1 of the most unluckiest teams never to win the FA Cup, they have made 4 finals and never won.
    Stephen Fry was at the Man Utd - Norwich game yesterday
    Forest Green Rovers are the luckiest side in the world. Whilst in the Conference they should of gone down nearly every single year for 6 years running but didn't? How did they survive? The FA kept changing how many went down every year.
    When Hull City went up into the premier league they at 1 point were 3rd early on. Drawing Yorkshires best position in the league since Leeds United went down. However, in that same season their luck ran out half way through and went on a 19 game losing streak (thats half a premier league season) and survived on the last day. All they had to do was do better than Newcastle United (who faced Villa) whilst they faced Man Utd, at Old Trafford. Hull Lost which means Newcastle only needed to draw! Sadly, they lost 1-0...to an own goal. My diehard Toon fan cried lol

England FC. Always seem to be 1 of the favs to go all the way, but hold on before you bet for them lads, because its not all great news for us. Out of 19 world cups we have qualified for 13, we didn't enter the first 3 and have failed to qualify 3 times. For the Euro Champs, we have made 7/13. With only 1 tournament we didn't enter, the rest we failed to qualify.
    Of these 20 tournaments we have only made the semis 4 times, with only 1 of these being a win in '66. We aren't exactly the behemoths we think we are on paper.
    Having said this, excluding Brazil, we're the highest ranked team in the world the most number of times. At 4. We also hold the record for longest spot as number 1. So nyeh to Brazil! lol

The first proper international match was Scotland vs. England in 30th november 1872. Who won? All of us did, a great sport was finally up and running (incidentally, it was 0-0)

Blind Chelsea fans look away now. Its hatred-section for me meaning I bash or praise someone who deserves it. This post is Frank Lampard. You blame Gerrard for Lampard not being so good hmm? Explain this then.
    Gerrard - played 89 - scored 19
    Lampard - played 88 - scored 22
    Then remember Lampard takes all our pens. So take 3/4 away from Lampard. I don't give me that rubbish of he's better than Barry, Milner or Scott Parker. These guys are assisters and don't go for a lot of shots. Goals do not make a midfielder.

I'll just post stories from now on if you guys don't want the Van-BS included Also sorry that these are more stats than stories, but I think interesting stats are just as good as some stories can be. Hope you enjoy.
    i like you

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pauadrian View Post
    i like you
    Well thank you

A few more to throw in:
    Mexicos last 5 world cup appearences:
    1994: Round of 16: Lost to Bulgaria on pens
    1998: Round of 16: Lost 2-1 to Germany
    2002: Round of 16: Lost to USA 2-0
    2006: Round of 16: Lost to Argentina 2-1 after extra time
    2010: Round of 16: Lost to Argentina 3-1, although 1 goal should never of counted and the ref knew, and did fuck all about it. So basically 2-1.
    C'mon Mexico! You can get further!

Since the Liverpool free beer thing is quite popular. I thought of 1 (unless someone thought ahead) that could get us another free beer!
    List 3 teams that have won the Champions League that are British. I'm thinking of also adding 3 lifelines since that could turn out harder for a person who doesn't follow football but chances are they will say the ex-big 4 of Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and United. But only Liverpool and United are correct. The tricking 1s that you could have is Celtic (I did say British ;D) Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest. All is well.
    E-fedding
    Van Hooligan X
    4 time World Champion
    Only 2 time dual World Champion
    Won more awards than your best character has had #1 contender matches
    APW co-founder
    Hall of Famer

Most successful wrestler of all time
    1 of the most successful managers of all time
    Member of the greatest faction of all time (The Clique)
    1/2 of the great tag team of all time (The Infection w/Carlos Alberto Ramon)
    The destroyer of EFeds (w/Dennis)