Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    I wasn't as impressed with Undisputed as I was with A Lion's Tale. Mostly because at least half of the book is about his shenanigans with Fozzy, (which I really couldn't care less about) but I found the general storytelling just wasn't as compelling in this book. Probably because it reads like "here is what happened at [date X]" for the most part, whereas A Lion's Tale had more of a fluid story arc of a man trying to achieve his dream.
    That's how I'm feeling about undisputed. I love rock music and would wanna be apart of it I wanna read Jerichos wrestling career a Lions Tale was separated which I loved and hell I love reading about their Indy days
    HolyJose
    JBW WARFare World Television Champion-1 time
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 Time
    First Dual Champion in JBW History
    Alpha Revolution North American Heavyweight Champion-1 time
    EWNCW Blacklist Champions-1 Time
    JBW Champion-1 Time

Azrael
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 time

Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe...

Epic

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly-Pablo View Post
    Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe...

Epic
    EPIC is the right world to describe this book but I hate the ending not because it's not good just because it gets me sad.

Last book: "Patent it youself" for a former job.
    I'm jus sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Cranium View Post
    Speaking of a Rockstar book and the evil of drugs, I read a book called "Angry Chair" which was about the life of the late Alice in Chains front man, Layne Staley. This book was written by an author who actually interviewed Layne over the phone during the last stages of his life. He was very blunt talking about how his heroin addiction destroyed his life and how it cost him his teeth, his ability to control his bowels, and that he just couldn't stop using it and urges others to never start. Really sad as he was an amazing singer. When they discovered his body, he had been dead for nearly 2 weeks and was surrounded by needles.
    I am gonna have to check this book out- didn't know about it.

I would give both of Jerichos books a 9.5- both very good reads, as was Bret harts book- 10/10. Last two books I read were when my mom was in the hospital and I stayed up there for 3 days and there was really nothing else to do in the hospital other than read or help my mom. Those two books- Brock Lesners book- 9/10- not a bad rwad either. The other book was Simon Pegg's "Nerd Do Well"- Simon Pegg was Shaun in "Shaun of the Dead", was in "Paul", " Run Fatboy Run", "Star Trek"...etc- about his life growing up and all. anyways I give it a 10/10

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

Almost finished Mick Foley's "Foley is Good", which is a very pleasant book. Don't really have any comments about the actual content, but I totally love Foley's writing style. With all the tangents he goes off on and the so-corny-they're-funny jokes he throws in, he's reads like a "cool uncle".

Gave up completely on Kurt Angle's "It's True, It's True" after about twenty pages though. Boring, ghostwritten trash. I assume all the other autobiographies from that time were typed up by a ghost-writer too. (Chyna's, The Rock's etc)

I'm re-reading Undisputed on the whenever I'm on the throne. Just thought I'd share that with y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion

Blog Entries
    The Book of Mormon. No blowjob. Got a refund.

Blog Entries
    Just finished Shawn Michael's Heartbreak and Triumph. currently reading Bret Hart's Hitman
    HolyJose
    JBW WARFare World Television Champion-1 time
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 Time
    First Dual Champion in JBW History
    Alpha Revolution North American Heavyweight Champion-1 time
    JBW Champion-1 Time

Azrael
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 time

Blog Entries
    Re-read Art Spiegelman's "Maus" for my next master's seminary, America and the Holocaust.

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

Find all the EWNCW links here.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

Mick Foley - Hardcore Diaries

It took me a couple of chapters to be interested in it but still a very good book. It details his heel turn and teaming with Edge in their feud with Dreamer and Funk. He originally pitched a scernario that would've have been funny and a lot better, and gives you a real insight about the life of the wrestler. He notes stories like being the Dad character for the Divas, how he and Vince fell out, and lots of stories about his son Mick jr, when he reaches the age he's really interested in religion

Overall 8.5/10

Chris Jericho - Undisputed

Best wrestling book I've read (I've read the 3 listed and half way through Have A Nice Day). Unlike Hardcore Diaries this took to me straight away and is very good. It details everything from his debut in 1998, to his redebut in 2007. It shows how Vince got all stressed at him for delivering a stiff punch to Chyna, how he didn't feel more accomplished after becoming the 1st undisputed champion, how in Japan, the Rock called him Omaha (I won't ruin it for you.) It gives a real insight into a wrestlers mindset when he's at an all time low, an all time high, and when he became burnt out

Overall 9.5/10

Adam Copeland - Life On Edge

The 1st wrestling book I've read, and 1 word AWESOME. It states his childhood with Christian, his run in the indes (Sexton Hardcastle), driving on ice, New Brood, E&C, injuries, and all of his friendships in and out of wrestling. If you want gossip on why his marriage to Sean Morleys sister marriage ended - you won't find it here. It details up to about 2004 I think

Overall 9/10