Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    1984 is one of the best books ever, also Animal Farm from Orwell is very good. Some of my favourite books are Lotr series, Heller's Catch-22 is fantastic and if you are interested in vampires Dracula from Bram Stoker is a must read.

Quote Originally Posted by Eror View Post
    1984 is one of the best books ever, also Animal Farm from Orwell is very good. Some of my favourite books are Lotr series, Heller's Catch-22 is fantastic and if you are interested in vampires Dracula from Bram Stoker is a must read.
    I loved Dracula, it was our required reading for senior English in high school and I loved it. I loved how it was written like letters instead of an actual book. Made me want to read Frankenstein but I still haven't gotten around to reading that
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ PUNK View Post
    I'll third that. Angelina looks like a heroin addict. Her skin is more leathery than Hogans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poot-Hair View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; Instead of Chyna concentrating on getting back into wrestling she needs to concentrate on getting that 8 inch she-bean that she has hanging between her legs removed...

Do Comic Books count?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle20SxE View Post
    Do Comic Books count?
    Maybe a Graphic Novel... and I'm talking legitimate Graphic Novel. Not a TPB... "Watchmen" is NOT a Graphic Novel, it's a TPB. "A Contract With God" IS a Graphic Novel. I'd say most Graphic Novels count considering they're so detailed and over a couple hundred pages as well. All they do is give you a real VISUAL with the story VS. making up a visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Rated_R(ob)KO View Post
    Maybe a Graphic Novel... and I'm talking legitimate Graphic Novel. Not a TPB... "Watchmen" is NOT a Graphic Novel, it's a TPB. "A Contract With God" IS a Graphic Novel. I'd say most Graphic Novels count considering they're so detailed and over a couple hundred pages as well. All they do is give you a real VISUAL with the story VS. making up a visual.
    wait, I'll let comic books count if it is like a compilation because it can be read like a short story, some of them even last like a shorter novel. Last one I read was Old Man Logan and it was epic
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ PUNK View Post
    I'll third that. Angelina looks like a heroin addict. Her skin is more leathery than Hogans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poot-Hair View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; Instead of Chyna concentrating on getting back into wrestling she needs to concentrate on getting that 8 inch she-bean that she has hanging between her legs removed...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 68wPayne View Post
    wait, I'll let comic books count if it is like a compilation because it can be read like a short story, some of them even last like a shorter novel. Last one I read was Old Man Logan and it was epic
    Yeah but, "Old Man Logan" is not a Graphic Novel. It's a six issue mini series collected into one book. Making it a "TPB" (Trade Paperback.)

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Man, I've wanted to make a thread about books for ages now, but never got around to it, or to put it another way, I was too lazy.

Favourite book ever? Addict. It's the true story of Stephen Smith, and, boy, did this guy have a hard life. Amazon it. Now.

I've recently finished my near five year adventure with a great fantasy series called Tales of the Malazan: Book of the Fallen... I read ten of the heftiest books known to mankind (well, they sure felt like they were, carrying them around (not all at once, obviously). Written by Steven Erikson, these books, and the world that heroes, villains, and tweeners occupied, took up so much of my thoughts, I seriously felt empty after I read book ten. The saving grace is that Steven created the Malazan world with a guy called Ian C Estlemont, and Ian is planned to do six books to accompany the ten that Steven wrote. Three of Ian's books have been released so far, and while he isn't nearly as good as Steven in the literary department, the characters he uses are familiar enough that I have enjoyed his work so far, and am looking forward to his next one (shouldnt be for a while yet, though). Any fantasy book lovers who haven't checked out this series yet need to do so, like, yesterday!

The last book I read was the Wasp Factory, by Iain Banks. It was only two hundred pages, but, man, it was some freaky-deaky shit that had me dreading to turn the page, yet eager to find out what happens!! If anyone out there likes a shockingly dark read, then check it out.

I've been reading books for the better part of twenty five years, and I think my next read is going to be the series that inspired Game of Thrones.... But, I'm hesitant because I don't want to spoil the next season, so, I may have to give it a miss.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    #FreeBodom

Quote Originally Posted by Eror View Post
    if you are interested in vampires Dracula from Bram Stoker is a must read.
    You can get that for free on Amazon

- Eve's arse atleast now we can look forward to Divas matches.
    Even Maryse cant resist watching her shake her arse

Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    Man, I've wanted to make a thread about books for ages now, but never got around to it, or to put it another way, I was too lazy.

Favourite book ever? Addict. It's the true story of Stephen Smith, and, boy, did this guy have a hard life. Amazon it. Now.

I've recently finished my near five year adventure with a great fantasy series called Tales of the Malazan: Book of the Fallen... I read ten of the heftiest books known to mankind (well, they sure felt like they were, carrying them around (not all at once, obviously). Written by Steven Erikson, these books, and the world that heroes, villains, and tweeners occupied, took up so much of my thoughts, I seriously felt empty after I read book ten. The saving grace is that Steven created the Malazan world with a guy called Ian C Estlemont, and Ian is planned to do six books to accompany the ten that Steven wrote. Three of Ian's books have been released so far, and while he isn't nearly as good as Steven in the literary department, the characters he uses are familiar enough that I have enjoyed his work so far, and am looking forward to his next one (shouldnt be for a while yet, though). Any fantasy book lovers who haven't checked out this series yet need to do so, like, yesterday!

The last book I read was the Wasp Factory, by Iain Banks. It was only two hundred pages, but, man, it was some freaky-deaky shit that had me dreading to turn the page, yet eager to find out what happens!! If anyone out there likes a shockingly dark read, then check it out.

I've been reading books for the better part of twenty five years, and I think my next read is going to be the series that inspired Game of Thrones.... But, I'm hesitant because I don't want to spoil the next season, so, I may have to give it a miss.
    My sister has been reading the Game of Thrones books. Reviews that I saw for Game of Thrones the series say that it keeps pretty close to the books. It pretty much spoiled the show for her. She says they are really good though and that there is a bit that they leave out of the show. I would say read the first one and then wait for the second season to end, then go on to the second one that is unless of course you can't wait to read the next one like my sister. In which case, you just have to decide which one you prefer, reading it or watching it.
    Efed stuff...yeah...

Coming to ???

Gabriel "The Alpha Dog" Xander

Luke "Currently In Contract Negotiations" Jameson...hmm...He has some weird nicknames.

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zapphoman View Post
    My sister has been reading the Game of Thrones books. Reviews that I saw for Game of Thrones the series say that it keeps pretty close to the books. It pretty much spoiled the show for her. She says they are really good though and that there is a bit that they leave out of the show. I would say read the first one and then wait for the second season to end, then go on to the second one that is unless of course you can't wait to read the next one like my sister. In which case, you just have to decide which one you prefer, reading it or watching it.
    Thanks for that, Zaph. Seriously. I have the first book, and now I know that it won't spoil the next season, I have no reason to avoid it.

I'll make sure to avoid the second until 2012 (or whenever the next season begins)
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    #FreeBodom