Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge Zero View Post
    Hahahahaha I understand.

Still it wasnt a bad book series to read besides I was in Iowa at the time, reading was the only thing in the winter; going out to drink a beer and such when the temperature was -16 degrees with 23 miles an hour winds wasnt always the most sane and ideal thing to do so I had to do read something lol and all my friends there being caucasian vampire book lovers when I asked them what book I should read, Twilight happened lol.
    lol i gotcha
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ PUNK View Post
    I'll third that. Angelina looks like a heroin addict. Her skin is more leathery than Hogans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poot-Hair View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; Instead of Chyna concentrating on getting back into wrestling she needs to concentrate on getting that 8 inch she-bean that she has hanging between her legs removed...

I've been reading this for the past couple of months now, nearing the end:

It's widely regarded as one of the behemoths of literature, based mostly on it's tree-killing length of 1100 pages, but in reality it's far from a daunting read for the most part. Every page is highly entertaining, hilarious or full of intelligent insight, and it makes this piece of fiction dangerously addictive. David Foster Wallace may have been one of the wittiest motherfuckers who ever lived.

I'd recommend reading some of his non-fiction essays as well, they're nothing short of genius.

Blog Entries
    Your next door neibour is a dragon.
    Brilliant book. Re-reading it. It is by Zack Parsons who is a writer for SomethingAwful.com
    E-fedding
    Van Hooligan X
    4 time World Champion
    Only 2 time dual World Champion
    Won more awards than your best character has had #1 contender matches
    APW co-founder
    Hall of Famer

Most successful wrestler of all time
    1 of the most successful managers of all time
    Member of the greatest faction of all time (The Clique)
    1/2 of the great tag team of all time (The Infection w/Carlos Alberto Ramon)
    The destroyer of EFeds (w/Dennis)

Blog Entries
    My favorite series is "Artemis Fowl" by Eoin Colfer. But, my favorite author is Chuck Palahniuk. Books like "Choke", "Lullaby", "Survivor" and "Fight Club" were instant classics to me. (No, I'm not a fan of the movies. I disliked them VERY much. [Choke & Fight Club]) I'm also a huge Christopher Moore fan as well. "Lamb: The Gospel According To Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal" is hands down the funniest book I've ever read!

Currently reading Rey Mysterio's biography "Behind the Mask". One of my favorite wrestler's biographies probably has to be Eddie Guerrero's...just an awesome read from beginning to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge Zero View Post
    Lol The books do justice to the series not the horrible movies.

Often times its best to read the books and imagine in your head as the author intended rather than seeing it the way a multi-million dollar movie studio wants you to see it.

Its been that way with most book series I've read throughout the years.
    Doesn't always work out that way though. When I first read Harry Potter, I was imagining it to be the little kid on the cover illustration, now all I can see is Radcliffe and friends...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rated_R(ob)KO View Post
    "Lamb: The Gospel According To Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal" is hands down the funniest book I've ever read!
    That one is in my "to read" list.

it's difficult to choose only one favorite book, it won't do justice to many others, but I have to say that I love Orwell's 1984. And reading now, it can't be otherwise, A Dance with Dragons.

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

Find all the EWNCW links here.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rated_R(ob)KO View Post
    My favorite series is "Artemis Fowl" by Eoin Colfer. But, my favorite author is Chuck Palahniuk. Books like "Choke", "Lullaby", "Survivor" and "Fight Club" were instant classics to me. (No, I'm not a fan of the movies. I disliked them VERY much. [Choke & Fight Club]) I'm also a huge Christopher Moore fan as well. "Lamb: The Gospel According To Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal" is hands down the funniest book I've ever read!
    I love everyone of his books that I've read (haven't read Pygmy or Tell All yet, still waiting for part 2 of Rant) but I thought Fight Club was a really good movie, not as good as the book of course but the movie is what turned me on to his books. As far as Choke goes I wouldn't say that I dislike it but it's just ok. Although bringing the concept of "I might be the clone of Jesus Christ" is better in book form instead of movie form lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ PUNK View Post
    I'll third that. Angelina looks like a heroin addict. Her skin is more leathery than Hogans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poot-Hair View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; Instead of Chyna concentrating on getting back into wrestling she needs to concentrate on getting that 8 inch she-bean that she has hanging between her legs removed...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 68wPayne View Post
    I love everyone of his books that I've read (haven't read Pygmy or Tell All yet, still waiting for part 2 of Rant) but I thought Fight Club was a really good movie, not as good as the book of course but the movie is what turned me on to his books. As far as Choke goes I wouldn't say that I dislike it but it's just ok. Although bringing the concept of "I might be the clone of Jesus Christ" is better in book form instead of movie form lol.
    Yeah, for what "Fight Club" is, it's good. But as a Chuck book... not so much. And I REALLY wanted to like "Choke" the movie but, I couldn't. And "Pygmy" and "Tell All" are great. Love his style, he can change up and that to me makes a fantastic writer!

Blog Entries
    I'm currently on the last Alex Rider book by Anthony Horowitz. I know, I may be a bit old for those books, but considering the first one came out 10 years ago or so, I wasn't going to miss the ending!! And they are great books to read whatever your age. Horowitz is a fantastic author.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!