Page 88 of 320 FirstFirst ... 38 788687888990 98 138 188 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Broc View Post
    not to mention he's also in 3rd for that same record
    I can't wait for the games ahead. I would enjoy it more when the Patriots don't make it to the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    I can't wait for the games ahead. I would enjoy it more when the Patriots don't make it to the Super Bowl.
    The only team the Patriots would even beat in the Superbowl is the 49ers, and San Fran doesn't even have much of a shot at making it. I'd like to see Atlanta go too, they were first in the NFC last year and ended up getting taken out in the divisional round, actually...it'd be somewhat funny if the Pats and Falcons go, being that they were both number one last year, and neither of them made it to the conference game.

I'm thinking it's either Saints or Packers though, hopefully Saints. It's a win-win situation if the Steelers are there, we beat the Packers and get revenge, or we beat the Saints with an easier (?) game. We lost last year to New Orleans at their own stadium, but on a neutral field when it matters the most, I think Pittsburgh can come out holding the Lombardi trophy.

Holy damn, I just realized Brady only needs 201 yards, and he can beat the record Brees just beat. Damn, there are 5 guys with over 4500 yards, and believe it or not, one of 'em is Stafford. Just proves that when the guy can stay healthy, he and the Lions are elite.

I hope Brady doesn't end up getting 200 yards next week...I hope Brady loses next week, but that's unlikely. They're playing the bills at home though, I think it'd be pretty easy for Brady to get those yards.

Then again, Brees is playing Carolina in New Orleans, so he could end up getting a ton of yards too.

Blog Entries
    I still don't get why you like the Falcons so much, Matt Ryan hasn't even won a playoff game in his career, but every year I hear you say that you want Atlanta to go, just wondering, why are you so high on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Broc View Post
    I still don't get why you like the Falcons so much, Matt Ryan hasn't even won a playoff game in his career, but every year I hear you say that you want Atlanta to go, just wondering, why are you so high on them?
    Because of Atlanta goes, the Steelers will plow through them. That's why...there's nothing special I like about the team.

Normal Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Because of Atlanta goes, the Steelers will plow through them. That's why...there's nothing special I like about the team.
    If they ground and pound like they should be with Michael Turner, I'd be afraid of them. You know, how they played last year in the regular season.

The Playoff teams as I see it:

Packers - The defense is a far cry from last years defense, but when you have Aaron Rodgers as your QB and the way he is playing, all you need is the turnovers they are getting.

Steelers - As long as Big Ben gets healthy that team is the most complete team in the playoffs if you ask me. That defense is playing lights out.

Ravens - I do not like Flacco. He is so up and down it's not even funny. Without the defense they have, I don't think they'd even be in the playoffs with Flacco as the QB. Sorry Sully, but I honestly believe the Ravens defense is better than the Steelers, it's just the Ravens don't have a QB like Big Ben.

Patriots - They should lose in the first round because their defense is just god awful. Tom Brady, Wes Welker, and Gronkowski are the only reasons they win games. Their run game isn't that great.

49ers - Everyone is saying they don't like them, but they are impressing me each week. That defense is just barely behind the Steelers. If they could turn those Field Goals into Touchdowns, I'd be scared of them, but I don't see that happening with Alex Smith at the helm.

Falcons - As I said earlier, if they returned to the ground and pound style they played last year, they would be scary. However, they are relying way to much on Matt Ryan, who I don't like throwing more than 30 times in a game to begin with.

Texans - I just don't know what to think of them anymore. I really liked them up till about two weeks ago. The past two weeks that confidence in them has wavered A LOT. If they can get back to where they were two weeks ago, they might be formidable in the playoffs, but I think losing to the Colts has done them in.

Saints - Brees is the second best QB in the league right now if you ask me, only behind Aaron Rodgers. I know Sully you want Ben's name thrown in there, but I have him at number 3 on my list. It's not the record, it's once more what he's doing with the defense that he's got. They've shown flashes(like last night), but it hasn't been there all year.

Lions - Everyone should fear this team. It's the first playoff game since 1999, and that will motivate them. Stafford has brought them back from 4 games where they were down by at least 13 points. Everyone likes to talk Tebow time? I think it should be renamed Stafford-time. Calvin Johnson is quite possibly one of the greatest Receiver in the league.

Giants/Cowboys - I don't like either team at all. This past few weeks have made think that no one wanted to win that division, and they even let Philly back into the running until the Giants decided to actually show up. I don't know what to believe about either team, since I'm afraid Eli Manning and Tony Romo can both lose games easily.

Broncos/Raiders - Raiders are the most penalized team in the league, and are about to set the record for most penalties and penalty yards in a season. They cost themselves more games than anyone else. The Broncos defense has been probably one of the best in the league as soon as Tebow has been on the field. That defense kept Tebow in so many games it's not even funny.

Bengals/Titans/Jets - I don't like either of these three teams. Jets because of Sanchez who is more hot and cold than Eli Manning, and that's saying something. Bengals are here a year to early, since I believe next year they will be competing for the division with the Steelers. Titans, I just don't know what to think of them. The Titans won't be good till next year when Chris Johnson might show up.

well the jets still have a chance to squeeze into it, barely. I wish Sanchez would get better :/
    R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, the last wrestler who made wrestling not only fun, but brought a spark that could never be matched.
    1967 - 2005

---
    There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it. - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Reichwulf View Post
    well the jets still have a chance to squeeze into it, barely. I wish Sanchez would get better :/
    The Jets better not squeeze into it, because that mean the Bengals would lose this week, and that would mean Steelers have to play as the 5th seed, that would mean they'd be on the road the entire time, and that would mean I wouldn't get to go to the divisional game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilvis View Post
    If they ground and pound like they should be with Michael Turner, I'd be afraid of them. You know, how they played last year in the regular season.

The Playoff teams as I see it:

Packers - The defense is a far cry from last years defense, but when you have Aaron Rodgers as your QB and the way he is playing, all you need is the turnovers they are getting.

Steelers - As long as Big Ben gets healthy that team is the most complete team in the playoffs if you ask me. That defense is playing lights out.

Ravens - I do not like Flacco. He is so up and down it's not even funny. Without the defense they have, I don't think they'd even be in the playoffs with Flacco as the QB. Sorry Sully, but I honestly believe the Ravens defense is better than the Steelers, it's just the Ravens don't have a QB like Big Ben.

Patriots - They should lose in the first round because their defense is just god awful. Tom Brady, Wes Welker, and Gronkowski are the only reasons they win games. Their run game isn't that great.

49ers - Everyone is saying they don't like them, but they are impressing me each week. That defense is just barely behind the Steelers. If they could turn those Field Goals into Touchdowns, I'd be scared of them, but I don't see that happening with Alex Smith at the helm.

Falcons - As I said earlier, if they returned to the ground and pound style they played last year, they would be scary. However, they are relying way to much on Matt Ryan, who I don't like throwing more than 30 times in a game to begin with.

Texans - I just don't know what to think of them anymore. I really liked them up till about two weeks ago. The past two weeks that confidence in them has wavered A LOT. If they can get back to where they were two weeks ago, they might be formidable in the playoffs, but I think losing to the Colts has done them in.

Saints - Brees is the second best QB in the league right now if you ask me, only behind Aaron Rodgers. I know Sully you want Ben's name thrown in there, but I have him at number 3 on my list. It's not the record, it's once more what he's doing with the defense that he's got. They've shown flashes(like last night), but it hasn't been there all year.

Lions - Everyone should fear this team. It's the first playoff game since 1999, and that will motivate them. Stafford has brought them back from 4 games where they were down by at least 13 points. Everyone likes to talk Tebow time? I think it should be renamed Stafford-time. Calvin Johnson is quite possibly one of the greatest Receiver in the league.

Giants/Cowboys - I don't like either team at all. This past few weeks have made think that no one wanted to win that division, and they even let Philly back into the running until the Giants decided to actually show up. I don't know what to believe about either team, since I'm afraid Eli Manning and Tony Romo can both lose games easily.

Broncos/Raiders - Raiders are the most penalized team in the league, and are about to set the record for most penalties and penalty yards in a season. They cost themselves more games than anyone else. The Broncos defense has been probably one of the best in the league as soon as Tebow has been on the field. That defense kept Tebow in so many games it's not even funny.

Bengals/Titans/Jets - I don't like either of these three teams. Jets because of Sanchez who is more hot and cold than Eli Manning, and that's saying something. Bengals are here a year to early, since I believe next year they will be competing for the division with the Steelers. Titans, I just don't know what to think of them. The Titans won't be good till next year when Chris Johnson might show up.

Very good assessment. I agree with nearly all of it, and referring to the Ravens D, you know Harrison was cut by them twice (we cut him three times)? Imagine how great their D would be then. I'm not sure how good their secondary is, but we just fired our secondary coach and we've been playing much better in it. William Gay has greatly improved, Ike is a stud, way better then last year.

You're right about the Patriots. Like I was saying, we don't have to worry about them. Some other team will knock them off, or we'll do it. The Niners defense is superb, but their offense is trash after Frank Gore. If they had a decent offense, they could be a Superbowl winning team, and I don't want that, because they're right behind Pittsburgh as far as rings go, same as Dallas.

Texans won't go anywhere with TJ Yates. They may be able to get past the wild card, but that's it.

I'll be honest...if Big Ben wasn't wearing black and gold, I too might rate him 3rd. But because he's my boy, he goes straight to number one. I have the facts to give him that position anyways, so it's not all just me being bias. Brees and Rodgers are fantastic players though, fantastic...and San Diego let Brees go.

Stafford and Calvin Johnson are two great players.......if they can stay healthy. Both of them are always going down, and their ability to stay in the game this year reflects their success.

Here's how the playoff picture I feel will be, at least the AFC.

1. Patriots

2. Steelers

3. Texans

4. AFC West winner

5. Ravens

6. Bengals

Texans play the Bengals, and Cinci beats them. Ravens play Broncos or Raiders, and they beat them.

Then it's the divisional round, the Ravens @ Steelers, Bengals @ New England. Steelers beat the Ravens, then I can't even tell you what will happen with the second game. I'd love to see Bengals beat them, I'd love it. But New England can probably handle the Bengals.

That's when Steelers go to New England, and hand it to the Patriots, walking into Indianapolis to claim the Lombardi trophy.

If the Ravens win, which they better not...it will be like this.

1. Patriots

2. Ravens

3. Texans

4. Broncos or Raiders

5. Steelers

6. Jets

Texans play the Jets, and Jets end up winning. Steelers go to Oakland or Denver, and slide through there.

Jets play New England and end up knocking them out. Then the Steelers end up playing Baltimore, and I can't tell you what will happen. I'm going with the Steelers, just because I don't think we'll let the Ravens beat us three times in a row, no matter where they're playing, especially in the post season.

Then Steelers and Jets once again play in the conference championship game, same place, and Pittsburgh does the same exact thing. This scenario is highly unlikely though, hell...it'd be the bottom two seeds facing each other...

Bengals have a very, very, very good shot at winning. They need to win to get into the playoffs, it's a division game, Ravens have been stinking on the road, Boldin is out, Bengals will be playing like it's the Superbowl, it's in Cincinnati.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    The only team the Patriots would even beat in the Superbowl is the 49ers, and San Fran doesn't even have much of a shot at making it. I'd like to see Atlanta go too, they were first in the NFC last year and ended up getting taken out in the divisional round, actually...it'd be somewhat funny if the Pats and Falcons go, being that they were both number one last year, and neither of them made it to the conference game.

I'm thinking it's either Saints or Packers though, hopefully Saints. It's a win-win situation if the Steelers are there, we beat the Packers and get revenge, or we beat the Saints with an easier (?) game. We lost last year to New Orleans at their own stadium, but on a neutral field when it matters the most, I think Pittsburgh can come out holding the Lombardi trophy.
    There trying bless there little cotton socks. Plus you never know. Stranger things have happened.

Also someone should make a poll once everyone has qualified for the play-offs (after the wildcard matches since I think you can only have 10 options) to see who everyone thinks will the Bowl that is Super.
    E-fedding
    Van Hooligan X
    4 time World Champion
    Only 2 time dual World Champion
    Won more awards than your best character has had #1 contender matches
    APW co-founder
    Hall of Famer

Most successful wrestler of all time
    1 of the most successful managers of all time
    Member of the greatest faction of all time (The Clique)
    1/2 of the great tag team of all time (The Infection w/Carlos Alberto Ramon)
    The destroyer of EFeds (w/Dennis)