Page 87 of 319 FirstFirst ... 37 778586878889 97 137 187 ... LastLast
    Normal Member
    This week in football was very, very interesting so far. My question is, do you think Bears vs Packers will be a blow out, and do you think Brees will break Marino's record this week?

Blog Entries
    interesting Sully.... NOW GET BACK TO WORK!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilvis View Post
    This week in football was very, very interesting so far. My question is, do you think Bears vs Packers will be a blow out, and do you think Brees will break Marino's record this week?
    Brees will break the record in his sleep my man, 300 yards isn't shit to him

Blow out? Blow out is such a strong word...they'll probably slap their shit, but I think Chicago might be able to squeeze in a scrub field goal, or some mop touchdown.

Normal Member
    Anyone watching the Nevada vs Southern Miss bowl game?

Anyone watching the Nevada vs Southern Miss bowl game?
    Nope. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Broc View Post
    breaking records doesn't exactly make you the best QB in the NFL
    To be a good QB, you have to win games and Superbowls. But putting up stats is a whole new level, and without it, you're not considered a good Quarterback anyways. If Brees can get to a Superbowl this year, he's top 3 for sure.

A good Quarterback is all about winning Superbowls, and don't even say the name Tom Brady, because that piece of turd hasn't won a Superbowl since the team got caught cheating.

the thing with Ben is that he doesn't pass it anywhere near as many times as Brees does, he usually gets 20-25 throws a game, where as Brees gets around 40-45 a game. not to mention Brees has a better offensive line than Ben, although Ben does have better receivers though

and no, I don't think they can beat them "any given day" it would be a great match up sure, but any given day is going too far, I mean remember, this is still the same team that got man handled by the Rams that we're talking about
    Broc's right about Ben's involvement with his game. Ben is not a stat type of QB, he can win games though, and he's tough. With his OL, it's amazing what Ben can actually do.

Also, speaking about Brees, remember when I talked about Luck's arm? I forgot the arm that Brees has, it's nowhere special either, and look at him. Andrew Luck could be a good QB someday for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AreYaSerious View Post
    Okay, I exaggerated... Brees gets 300+ Yards every time! Ben is a beast though! He is a tough bastard, and he doesn't give up. I know the steelers are a good team, and it would be a great match up. 2 different type of QBs. Big Ben is hard to take down, and he don't give up. Brees is a smaller guy, who is spot on. Would be a hell of a game dude. Saints have a better offense, but the Steelers have a good run game and I would say the Steelers has a better defense, but the saints has a good defense as well. Especially when it comes to pressuring the QB.
    Brees get's 300+ yards because the Saints don't have much of a running back right now, when the Steelers have Mendenhall. But even with Mendenhall, I wouldn't say the Steelers have a good run game. They've really turned into a passing team the last few years.

The Steelers don't have better receivers... I honestly think Ward is over hyped, he is good but Ben makes him look good imo. Wallace is a beast. I'm not going to lie. He is fast! Colston is great, and Meachem is okay... I mean I think the closest thing the saints have to Wallace's speed is Henderson.
    Hey now, I disagree. Steelers do have better wideouts, Colston may be their only decent guy. Ward isn't overhyped, and if he is right now, it's for one reason, he's only got a few more games left. Next week, and post season. After that, chances are he's hanging up the cleats. How does Ben make Ward look good, Ben doesn't make those huge blocks for Ward, Ben doesn't make those moves that Hines does down the field.

oh and The rams did beat the saints, but hey the chiefs beat GB. We are the same team that dominated the Lions! Didn't the Steelers get there ass handed to the by the Ravens? Twice! We can go back and forth with this. However we can agree on something.
    Steelers we're unprepared going into week 1, plus it was in Baltimore. That game would've been completely different in Heinz field with more preparation. The second game was entirely different in it's own, and it was much, much closer. It came down to the last minute. Plus, I already talked about how controversial that last touchdown was.

regarding the receivers, Ward is not a factor at all for us but someone you have to pay attention to, who is not getting enough credit, is Antonio Brown, I honestly like him more than Wallace, the guy is fast as hell, maybe faster than Wallace, and then we also have Emmanual Sanders (even though that's probably not how you spell his name) who has his moments, and then we have Jericho Cotchery, who I like to call Hines ward 2.0, it seems he's doing a lot similar to what Hines did last year

and yes, fuck Brady
    Brown is nowhere near as good as Wallace is, but he is still impressing me. No way in hell that he's faster the Mike 'fuckin Wallace though. I though Sanders was going to end up doing better then Brown, but after that foot injury, he stepped down a little bit. Cotchery hasn't done anything, he's not too high on the depth chart, and he's not making big plays. He's got a few good catches and touchdowns in there though, so I give the man some credit where it's due.

Quote Originally Posted by AreYaSerious View Post
    Antonio Brown is good, Sanders has his moments, and Cotchery is decent. I thought he was better with the Jets. A guy you should have never gotten rid of is Holmes. You may disagree but I thought he was better then Wallace.
    I don't regret getting rid of Holmes. The man had problems, and we weren't dealing with it any longer. He's good, but he's not worth the bad publicity. All we need is another reason for people to say the Steelers are full of thugs, all though he'd be the only real one. Now the only things they can say are Big Ben and Hines Ward, and both of those can be easily tackled.

I'm going to bring a name to table for the Saints... he isn't a wide receiver but is a TE... Jimmy Graham. That guy is damn beast, i hope they use him like they have been!
    I'm going to bring a name to the table and say Heath Miller. The guy can make catches, and he can block. He may not be as big of a fantasy player as Graham is, but he's made some huge plays. Maybe not this year, but he's done some things last year that were superb.

Holmes was great and I was disappointed when we let him go, but really we're just as good without him, the only thing that bothered me, was that he was only traded for a 5th round pick, but I wouldn't mind having him back
    He was traded for a 5th rounder because nobody wanted him. Trust me, if we could have gotten anything better, we would have. We're actually lucky the Jets ended up giving us that 5th round pick, because he was going to end up being released if they didn't.

Not only was he having off field problems, but he costed money too. Getting rid of him was a good decision, if we still had him, our wide outs would be extremely boss, but we're still getting the job done without him.

Normal Member
    Here's a question: Top 5 QBs in the NFL right now?

I am happy that the Saints won! Congrats to Brees in breaking the record. The man is a great quarterback with class and I agree with you Sully on the quarterback talk. I hope Saints go in the Super Bowl at least. I know personal records don't matter much but I'm happy to know that its Brees that broke the passing record and not someone like Brady.

#REAL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    I am happy that the Saints won! Congrats to Brees in breaking the record. The man is a great quarterback with class and I agree with you Sully on the quarterback talk. I hope Saints go in the Super Bowl at least. I know personal records don't matter much but I'm happy to know that its Brees that broke the passing record and not someone like Brady.
    not to mention he's also in 3rd for that same record