Page 84 of 320 FirstFirst ... 34 748283848586 94 134 184 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    So who else had Colts over Texans, anyone, anyone.....

Normal Member
    I didn't, and was shocked to see it. Looks like they aren't playing for Luck.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilvis View Post
    I didn't, and was shocked to see it. Looks like they aren't playing for Luck.
    they never were, I hate that people think the Colts were losing on purpose, no NFL team would EVER do that, regardless of any situation

Normal Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Broc View Post
    they never were, I hate that people think the Colts were losing on purpose, no NFL team would EVER do that, regardless of any situation
    I was kidding, because I remember the T-Shirts at the Dolphins game "Suck 4 Luck", plus all the ESPN chatter about teams needing to lose for Luck.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilvis View Post
    I was kidding, because I remember the T-Shirts at the Dolphins game "Suck 4 Luck", plus all the ESPN chatter about teams needing to lose for Luck.
    oh they made a shirt? lol, that's pretty funny

ESPN people are annoying, most of them aren't really that smart, and the fact that anyone thinks that a team would lose on purpose for any reason, needs to think harder

Normal Member

ESPN people are annoying, most of them aren't really that smart, and the fact that anyone thinks that a team would lose on purpose for any reason, needs to think harder
    It actually was the Colts with the T-Shirt...

And like I said, even if the front office was interested in doing that, there's noway the could get the players, or even some coaches to go with it. What are they going to do, fire Jim Caldwell? He'd find another team much faster, and not only that, they'd want him even more if he quit because the Colts were told to "lose on purpose".

I think the way they see it, it's a win-win situation. They lose, they get a good pick. They win, they well...win.

Colts could end up getting 3rd overall pick, and still get Andrew Luck. I mean, Vikings could draft luck...but they just drafted Ponder last year. Rams have Sam Bradford. Those are the bottom three teams, and the only ones that may go for Luck are Minnesota and Indy.

I'd laugh my ass off if Andrew Luck ends up being a bust, I mean people are acting like he's some kind of football legend, that's going to go in the game and automatically be the best player or something. I mean he's really overhyped right now, not as much as Timmy Tebow though.

I admit that Andrew Luck is pretty good, especially at the College stage, but take a look at his arm strength. I'm starting to question whether or not he'll be able to make throws at the next level. I mean his accuracy is really good, he can already throw more accurately then most NFL quarterbacks, throwing a perfect spiral each time.

He just lacks the ability to gun the football into tight spaces. Brett Favre, Dan Marino, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers all can or could toss laser beams across the field when they needed to. Luck hasn't quite shown that ability.

Luck does move well in the pocket, and it seems he has awareness of what's going on around him. He has the discipline to shuffle to the open spots, maintain his balance and square up downfield to toss gems all over the field. But here's another con, he relies to much on his check downs. Luck either checks down to his running back or locks in on one receiver.

Another pro is his mobility though, he almost reminds me of Big Ben in the back of the pocket when he runs. He may not exactly have blazing speed, but he has that athleticism to keep the defense on their toes. This season, he's rushed 43 times for 153 yards and a couple of touchdowns, averaging 3.6 yards per carry.

He's got to be more cautious when running though, when he becomes a 45 million dollar franchise Quarterback, he can't be lowering the shoulder on runs, into guys like James Harrison.

His size will work for him though, 6'4", 235 pounds. Luck has the kind of body that will allow him to see over the line, read the defenses and handle the physicality of the professional ranks. He does have good leadership though on the field, and he is very smart and mature. He's the kind of guy who's good in the classroom, and on the field. A little cheesy, but I think it's true.

With all that aside though, it really depends on what team he goes to, and how fast they throw him into the game. If he goes to the Colts, and Manning goes down again, Luck might have trouble getting in there and being a starting QB in the NFL. But if he has time sitting behind Manning, then it could really help him and the Colts out in the future.

If he goes to the Vikings, I think it's safe to say he'd be starting immediately. I would actually prefer seeing him in Minnesota, I think he fits that team better, and I don't even mind them too much. I'm not a fan of the Colts, being a Steeler fan and all, I respect them, but I don't want to see them making any more comebacks and getting back into the playoff picture for the next few years.

So what do you think about Luck, Broc? Will Andrew Luck be a bust?

And I realized, if the Steelers end up winning the division, I can STILL go to the playoff game. It's the divisional round game, so hopefully I can go.

Blog Entries

I cannot stress how accurate the bolded is.

The people who cover MLS have 0% knowledge of tactics, formations or how defences should act.
    I can probably guess they're all like this for nearly(if not all) sports too.