Page 35 of 320 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 45 85 135 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 3197
  1. #341
    The Trinity Sully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by xStraightxEdgexSaviorx View Post
    Yeah but the NFC is weak imo. I don't see any elite teams other than the Saints and Packers in that league.
    Exactly, the NFC is really weak right now. I've been thinking that for awhile, I mean most of those teams just can't compare to the competitiveness that we are witnessing in the AFC right now.

    Which is really...scary considering how well developed the Packers have been playing. The Packers, a team that barely made the playoffs last year, just seemed to explode going into the post season, won the Superbowl, and our now blowing everyone out of their path this year.

    They haven't even been starting games off too well, like today they were down two possessions, but all of a sudden they just started scoring out of nowhere. Hopefully someone can just slow down their momentum, especially in the playoffs, because if they do go back to the Superbowl, I don't think I want the Steelers being there with them, that is of course if the Steelers go back all the way, which is a lot to say.

    If the Steelers and Packers do both make it back, not only would that be interesting seeing two teams go back-back in the Superbowl, but I don't know. If we win, we get to prove that the loss last year has been redeemed, but if we lose...as Steeler fans we'll have to endure that same pain and embarrassment that we already went through, and it'd be 10x harder at that. There'd be a lot on the line...

    Hopefully the Steelers can just get back there though, which is going to be tough with how hard the AFC is in this day and age.

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Exactly, the NFC is really weak right now. I've been thinking that for awhile, I mean most of those teams just can't compare to the competitiveness that we are witnessing in the AFC right now.

    Which is really...scary considering how well developed the Packers have been playing. The Packers, a team that barely made the playoffs last year, just seemed to explode going into the post season, won the Superbowl, and our now blowing everyone out of their path this year.

    They haven't even been starting games off too well, like today they were down two possessions, but all of a sudden they just started scoring out of nowhere. Hopefully someone can just slow down their momentum, especially in the playoffs, because if they do go back to the Superbowl, I don't think I want the Steelers being there with them, that is of course if the Steelers go back all the way, which is a lot to say.

    If the Steelers and Packers do both make it back, not only would that be interesting seeing two teams go back-back in the Superbowl, but I don't know. If we win, we get to prove that the loss last year has been redeemed, but if we lose...as Steeler fans we'll have to endure that same pain and embarrassment that we already went through, and it'd be 10x harder at that. There'd be a lot on the line...

    Hopefully the Steelers can just get back there though, which is going to be tough with how hard the AFC is in this day and age.
    Everything you said there is true, except I think it's a lot more likely the Ravens or the Patriots make the SB this year then the Steelers. That's not me being a hater either, I just think it'll be a tough road when you would have to face in all likelihood those two teams I mentioned and possibly Houston or San Deigo, all on the road. I just don't think it's gonna happen for you guys this year.

    With that being said, let's break down the two potential SB match-ups I've come up with. First, Packers vs. Patriots:

    It's the match-up everyone wants. The two best offenses, the two best QB's and arguably the two most marketable teams there are right now. Packers have much the better defense, the better offensive weapons, and IMO a QB who's playing better, but that doesn't necessarily mean victory for two reasons. One being Tom Brady, who still has an extraordinary amount of magic in him (ask Dallas about that), and is still ridiculously talented. Two being (and this is the more important one) coaching. Bill Belichick is the best coach in american sports right now by a mile, and you can bet your ass he'd have a gameplan for Aaron Rodgers and that Packer offence. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he's already had a gameplan for the Packers since the superbowl last year. That and, imho the jury is still out on Mike McCarthy. He's got a tremendous amount of talent to work with, but when the chips are down I don't know if he can coach them all up, especially not against Belichick.

    Now onto Packer/Ravens. The unstoppable force meeting the immovable object. The clash of the proverbial titans. Simply put, THE best offense in the league vs. THE best defense in the league. The Packers have amassed one of the best WR corp's I've ever seen on a pro team. The have speed literally everywhere, and in the blink of an eye they can score 21 points on anybody because of it. To your point, THIS is why they're so scary. THIS is why they can be down by two scores early and still win convincingly in any game. But as my man Lee Corso would say, not so fast my friend. The Baltimore Ravens have stacked the deck in the secondary, and with the emergence of Cary Williams, who has been lights out this year, the reemergence of Ladarius Webb, who is again, playing lights out, and with Chris Carr AND our number one draft pick Jimmy Smith, this defensive backfield is stacked. We DO have the ability to defend all of the Packer's weapons with all of those guys playing to their full potential, and there is one reason as to why that exactly is: the Packers DO NOT have an elite offensive line, and they cannot hold the Raven's amazing front seven off of Aaron Rodgers the whole game. This is the difference between the Steelers and the Ravens, and this is why we have as good a shot as anybody to beat GB in the superbowl. We have the secondary AND the front 7 to stop Aaron. You can't just spread the field on us like you can vs. the Steelers. I think our young emerging offence can score enough points against the underachieving Packer defense to squeak out a clean win, much like what the Giants did to the Patriots in 2007.
    WWE resigned Punk, and everything I've said has come true on these things, so WWE, keep Punk a badass face. He will become a legend if you do.


    JBW is so good, even the most cynical member of the IWC couldn't complain about it. Check out or most recent shows here!

    And join in on the discussion here. We will welcome you with open arms. Please join now by PMing me or WWTNA Mark!

    Horror movie tournament final: The Shining vs. Silence of the Lambs vs. Halloween...coming very soon.

  3. #343
    Black Ninja! VanHooliganX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Vanity City
    Posts
    19,589
    Blog Entries
    7
    You're all witnesses!

    2nd - 13:18, Ravens 0 - Jaguars 3

    Don't care that the Ravens will score/win later on.

    Jags lead against the Ravens!

  4. #344
    The Trinity Sully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by xStraightxEdgexSaviorx View Post
    Everything you said there is true, except I think it's a lot more likely the Ravens or the Patriots make the SB this year then the Steelers. That's not me being a hater either, I just think it'll be a tough road when you would have to face in all likelihood those two teams I mentioned and possibly Houston or San Deigo, all on the road. I just don't think it's gonna happen for you guys this year.

    With that being said, let's break down the two potential SB match-ups I've come up with. First, Packers vs. Patriots:

    It's the match-up everyone wants. The two best offenses, the two best QB's and arguably the two most marketable teams there are right now. Packers have much the better defense, the better offensive weapons, and IMO a QB who's playing better, but that doesn't necessarily mean victory for two reasons. One being Tom Brady, who still has an extraordinary amount of magic in him (ask Dallas about that), and is still ridiculously talented. Two being (and this is the more important one) coaching. Bill Belichick is the best coach in american sports right now by a mile, and you can bet your ass he'd have a gameplan for Aaron Rodgers and that Packer offence. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he's already had a gameplan for the Packers since the superbowl last year. That and, imho the jury is still out on Mike McCarthy. He's got a tremendous amount of talent to work with, but when the chips are down I don't know if he can coach them all up, especially not against Belichick.

    Now onto Packer/Ravens. The unstoppable force meeting the immovable object. The clash of the proverbial titans. Simply put, THE best offense in the league vs. THE best defense in the league. The Packers have amassed one of the best WR corp's I've ever seen on a pro team. The have speed literally everywhere, and in the blink of an eye they can score 21 points on anybody because of it. To your point, THIS is why they're so scary. THIS is why they can be down by two scores early and still win convincingly in any game. But as my man Lee Corso would say, not so fast my friend. The Baltimore Ravens have stacked the deck in the secondary, and with the emergence of Cary Williams, who has been lights out this year, the reemergence of Ladarius Webb, who is again, playing lights out, and with Chris Carr AND our number one draft pick Jimmy Smith, this defensive backfield is stacked. We DO have the ability to defend all of the Packer's weapons with all of those guys playing to their full potential, and there is one reason as to why that exactly is: the Packers DO NOT have an elite offensive line, and they cannot hold the Raven's amazing front seven off of Aaron Rodgers the whole game. This is the difference between the Steelers and the Ravens, and this is why we have as good a shot as anybody to beat GB in the superbowl. We have the secondary AND the front 7 to stop Aaron. You can't just spread the field on us like you can vs. the Steelers. I think our young emerging offence can score enough points against the underachieving Packer defense to squeak out a clean win, much like what the Giants did to the Patriots in 2007.
    It really depends on how your Ravens can play in the post season though, it seems like nearly every player either turns it on...or turns it off in the playoffs, and Joe Flacco hasn't proved that he can go all the way in the post season. Then again at the start of this season, Joe Flacco never won a game against the Steelers when Big Ben was starting, and he changed that statistic.

  5. #345
    God SLEEPY LOCO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In tha North Town, making "That Money Money...Yeah Yeah...That Money Money...Yeah Yeah"!!!
    Posts
    2,317
    It's not looking to good for the Ravens. 6 - 0 at half time and they don't even have a 1st down yet.



    "I am my own worst enemy, I'm not the smartest mutha fucka n shit and I don't pretend to be."



  6. #346
    The Trinity
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA (at least in my heart)
    Posts
    3,554
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPY LOCO1 View Post
    It's not looking to good for the Ravens. 6 - 0 at half time and they don't even have a 1st down yet.
    all I have to say to that is #areyouseriousbro

    btw diggin the new sig SLEEPY

  7. #347
    God SLEEPY LOCO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In tha North Town, making "That Money Money...Yeah Yeah...That Money Money...Yeah Yeah"!!!
    Posts
    2,317
    Quote Originally Posted by broc808 View Post
    all I have to say to that is #areyouseriousbro

    btw diggin the new sig SLEEPY
    Thanx, I was going to put the rookie that had that great game yesterday but I couldn't find a good picture. Btw DeMarco Murray is from Las Vegas, which made him 10x better in my book!!!



    "I am my own worst enemy, I'm not the smartest mutha fucka n shit and I don't pretend to be."



  8. #348
    The Trinity
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA (at least in my heart)
    Posts
    3,554
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPY LOCO1 View Post
    Thanx, I was going to put the rookie that had that great game yesterday but I couldn't find a good picture. Btw DeMarco Murray is from Las Vegas, which made him 10x better in my book!!!
    do you expect big from him or one hit wonder or what?

  9. #349
    God SLEEPY LOCO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In tha North Town, making "That Money Money...Yeah Yeah...That Money Money...Yeah Yeah"!!!
    Posts
    2,317
    Quote Originally Posted by broc808 View Post
    do you expect big from him or one hit wonder or what?
    I hope he is not a one hit wonder but even the back up to him, Tanner, was pretty good when he went out in the 4th for a few plays. It's pretty funny because they are both rookies and they are better than the #1 and #2 runningbacks in my opinion.



    "I am my own worst enemy, I'm not the smartest mutha fucka n shit and I don't pretend to be."



  10. #350
    The Trinity
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA (at least in my heart)
    Posts
    3,554
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPY LOCO1 View Post
    I hope he is not a one hit wonder but even the back up to him, Tanner, was pretty good when he went out in the 4th for a few plays. It's pretty funny because they are both rookies and they are better than the #1 and #2 runningbacks in my opinion.
    it seems like Dallas is finding ways to misuse good Running Backs these days though, I saw a lot of potential in Marion Barber, Tahsard Choice, Felix Jones, and even Julius Jones a while back, and they all seem to start good and then fall off the face of the earth the next year

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.