Page 147 of 319 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137145146147148149 157 197 247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 3185
    The Steelers are the ones who actually proposed they make it all season.

They also proposed they ban horse collar tackles on Quarterbacks, for obvious reasons, but that was denied.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    The Steelers are the ones who actually proposed they make it all season.

They also proposed they ban horse collar tackles on Quarterbacks, for obvious reasons, but that was denied.
    I thought horse collar tackles was already banned? Doesn't make sense if the only one who isn't covered by the rule is the QB.
    CM Punk is not impressed with Chris Jericho.

Yeah, horse collar tackles are banned to prevent injuries.

The only bad thing about the rule being made to include Quarterbacks, would be increasing difficulty for defenders to bring certain big Quarterbacks down other ways. A guy like Ben Roethlisberger doesn't go down as easily as a guy like Matt Ryan would. Ben is actually tackled A LOT by the horse collar. Which is why the Rooney's proposed that they include Quarterbacks with the rule.

Yeah, horse collar tackles are banned to prevent injuries.

The only bad thing about the rule being made to include Quarterbacks, would be increasing difficulty for defenders to bring certain big Quarterbacks down other ways. A guy like Ben Roethlisberger doesn't go down as easily as a guy like Matt Ryan would. Ben is actually tackled A LOT by the horse collar. Which is why the Rooney's proposed that they include Quarterbacks with the rule.
    Makes sense why Rooney proposed that idea. Ben is a big QB.

Quote Originally Posted by dres1214 View Post
    Makes sense why Rooney proposed that idea. Ben is a big QB.
    Yeah, and it takes at truck to get that guy down. Which is one of the biggest reasons why he's on of the best QBs in the NFL, if not THE best. But you take his movement away, and things get bad. Ben is so tough though, he was still able to make huge plays, even on one leg, and part of his playing style severally crippled.

He'll, I'm pretty sure he even had a 15 yard run or so during that injury.

Yeah, and it takes at truck to get that guy down. Which is one of the biggest reasons why he's on of the best QBs in the NFL, if not THE best. But you take his movement away, and things get bad. Ben is so tough though, he was still able to make huge plays, even on one leg, and part of his playing style severally crippled.

He'll, I'm pretty sure he even had a 15 yard run or so during that injury.
    Yea I give credit to him. I mean that foot injury wasn't something you could shrug off. Especially playing such a contact sport. I mean Cassel isn't that bad, he just can't get the job done. Also last season wasn't great we had our best players out all season. I am hopeful we will have a decent season this year. What about the Steelers how they coming Long this year?

Quote Originally Posted by dres1214 View Post
    Yea I give credit to him. I mean that foot injury wasn't something you could shrug off. Especially playing such a contact sport. I mean Cassel isn't that bad, he just can't get the job done. Also last season wasn't great we had our best players out all season. I am hopeful we will have a decent season this year. What about the Steelers how they coming Long this year?
    Well Kyle Orton is the one who lead your team into beating the undefeated Packers? Although he didn't stick around did he...he's playing for Dallas now. Dexter McCluster going out really screwed you guys up too.

As for the Steelers, everyone is saying we're too old...but I'm pretty sure they said the exact same thing last year...and we went out and got a 12-4 record, the same record that took us to the Superbowl in 2010. We were also one win away from owning the AFC and possibly going all the way. If Ben Roethlisberger didn't go down against Cleveland, I guarantee we would have.

So no, we're not too old at all. How can a team be too old when they take 7 new rookies every year, and invite guys to camp too? Ben is in his prime, our 3 top wide outs are young. Heath Millers is 29, and most Tight Ends don't retire until the age of 35. As far as our defense goes, we have the 25 year old Lawrence Timmons, and we just cut James Farrior. To replace him though, we have Stevenson Sylvester, who was just a rookie last year and did pretty good from what I saw. James Harrison is sort of old, but I can't see him retiring for at least two more years. Woodley is only 27 too. Troy Polamalu probably has another 4-5 years on him as well, and when the time comes, we can look into someone to replace him. Ryan Clark is arguably in his prime right now as well. We have Cameron Heyward and Ziggy Hood on the line, with Keisel having another 2 or 3 years left in him.

It seems our problems are the same ones we've had for the last five years. Our secondary, and our offensive line. The good news is, we have Pouncey and a few other young guys on the line now, and we fired our old secondary coach as well...which you could definitely see a difference in last season. And for the line, we're probably drafting another linemen first or second round. We also have a good bit of young guys that we got last year, like Keenan Lewis and Cortez Allen. We also have Bryant McFadden's little brother now...but I have no idea if he's good or not. Shame that McFadden is in the free agents though.

Don't doubt us...I'm predicting the Pittsburgh Steelers to be Superbowl 46 champions.

Well Kyle Orton is the one who lead your team into beating the undefeated Packers? Although he didn't stick around did he...he's playing for Dallas now. Dexter McCluster going out really screwed you guys up too.

As for the Steelers, everyone is saying we're too old...but I'm pretty sure they said the exact same thing last year...and we went out and got a 12-4 record, the same record that took us to the Superbowl in 2010. We were also one win away from owning the AFC and possibly going all the way. If Ben Roethlisberger didn't go down against Cleveland, I guarantee we would have.

So no, we're not too old at all. How can a team be too old when they take 7 new rookies every year, and invite guys to camp too? Ben is in his prime, our 3 top wide outs are young. Heath Millers is 29, and most Tight Ends don't retire until the age of 35. As far as our defense goes, we have the 25 year old Lawrence Timmons, and we just cut James Farrior. To replace him though, we have Stevenson Sylvester, who was just a rookie last year and did pretty good from what I saw. James Harrison is sort of old, but I can't see him retiring for at least two more years. Woodley is only 27 too. Troy Polamalu probably has another 4-5 years on him as well, and when the time comes, we can look into someone to replace him. Ryan Clark is arguably in his prime right now as well. We have Cameron Heyward and Ziggy Hood on the line, with Keisel having another 2 or 3 years left in him.

It seems our problems are the same ones we've had for the last five years. Our secondary, and our offensive line. The good news is, we have Pouncey and a few other young guys on the line now, and we fired our old secondary coach as well...which you could definitely see a difference in last season. And for the line, we're probably drafting another linemen first or second round. We also have a good bit of young guys that we got last year, like Keenan Lewis and Cortez Allen. We also have Bryant McFadden's little brother now...but I have no idea if he's good or not. Shame that McFadden is in the free agents though.

Don't doubt us...I'm predicting the Pittsburgh Steelers to be Superbowl 46 champions.
    I never doubt the Steelers. I was checking out KC schedule I think we play the Steelers on a Monday night game. But its in your turf. I imagine we'll have some fun with that when the time comes.
    But, I know that KC needs to up their O-line. We got Winston from the Texans. Also that Running back from the browns. Which he should be a good asset to Charles. Losing Dex was bad during the season. It was a rough season. I am hopeful that this season will be better than last years. Orton did manage to give us a few wins. I actually wouldn't have been upset if he would've been the QB. But Pioli is set on Cassel, another thing that upset me was when we kept starting Palco and he kept messing up. By that time we should've went to our 3rd string QB. I can't remember his name for the life of me. Our TE should be stacked. Mioaki is an up and coming player who will be great. I don't really care for D-Bowe. I think he is worthless.

I'm waiting for the year that Pittsburgh has finally sorted out all this salary bullshit, and starts to get aggressive with the free agent market. I'd love to see them sign Asante Samuel, but the sad thing is that will never happen with our cap troubles. We're barely keeping Wallace this year as it is, and that's not even confirmed. Still...their biggest move was year was signing Cotchery, and that's not even big!

The thing is, they really don't need to go spending money in the free agent market. They're not that kind of team, but we should really look to getting at least one of those star lineman that are sitting in the free agency, or a cornerback, maybe even a veteran running back to help guide the way for guys like Issac Redman or John Clay.

Right now the first thing we need to do is sort out our money problems. It looks like we're keeping Wallace, so that's good. I'm not sure how much over the cap we are though.

We may see them make some noise in the draft though. I heard that they're eyeing up that Memphis nose tackle, and if he's still there, that we're going to take him. Our defensive line is so-so right now, we have some young guys and some veterans, but with Casey Hampton possibly not even playing another game of football, a great young nose tackle would be great.

The biggest question though, is Mendenhall. I'm actually thinking he'll never play the same way again. I'm going out on a limb here saying this, but I've thought for the last year or so, he's been overrated. I know he's been combating injuries and what not, his rookie year, and he actually did play good, but he's done a lot of bad things too. If it wasn't for that fumble in the Superbowl in 2010, there's a chance we would have won. I can't blame him, the whole team played bad...hell, the only guy who seemed like he was actually paying was Ben. He single-handedly brought the Steelers back in that game.

I'll post my predictions for the season as of April, and my analysis on the whole thing later. It looks somewhat tough, but at the same time it looks like one of those years where we COULD just go out and dominate. It seems we do better against the tough teams anyways.
    Steelers Schedule:

Week 1: Sunday night game @ Broncos

Week 2: 4:15 game, hosting Jets

Week 3: 4:15 game @ Raiders

Week 4: Bye

Week 5: 1:00 game hosting Eagles

Week 6: Thursday night game @ Titans

Week 7: Sunday Night game @ Bengals

Week 8: 1:00 game, hosting Redskins

Week 9: 4:15 game @ Giants

Week 10: Monday night game, hosting Chiefs

Week 11: Sunday night game, hosting Ravens