Page 145 of 314 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 3132
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanFlare View Post
    Those teams should get the axe too! If the NFL comes out tomorrow and says the Bengals Coaching Staff and Defensive Players did the same thing, I'd be calling for their heads too. I really don't see the equal levelness of video taping practices and aiming to injure the (aging) Quarterbacks of the teams you're playing in the playoffs.
    Punish one, punish all(if there is enough evidence).

Are you really connecting filming a team's walkthroughs with actively trying to injure people? That's like comparing speed cameras to paying people to try and t-bone your car -_-
    In a way, yes. Both of them are breaking rules, of course the latter is more serious, the first one really affected games too. They were cheating to get ahead, and win games. It worked too, during the era of the Spygate, they won championships left and right. Brady became known as a great Quarterback, and the Patriots built a legacy.

Quite honestly, Sean Payton should be banned from the league for knowingly allowing this to happen. He lied in 2010 when he said nothing like this was going on, but investigations now have revealed he did know, did not cooperate, and thus is getting such a strong ban. But to allow something like this to happen should be a felony. Attempting to injure someone is criminally wrong. Football is game, not a bloodsport. The point of the bounties (outside of the interception, fumble returns, etc that were still illegal) was to knock a player out or get him carted off. In a sport where the legal contact often leaves players in wheelchairs and constant pain in retirement, players intentionally aiming to HARM players--in these cases, severely--is disgusting. Every player involved with this system should be kicked out of the league too. And NO, "other teams are doing it" doesn't make it fucking right. Those teams deserve the same punishments the Saints get.
    Being a Saints fan- and living near the New Orleans area for all my life- all this made me sick. I agree- Payton and others deserved their punishments- as they lied, and encouraged hurting others. Also being in the N.O. area- this is pretty much all over every news channel- in fact yesterday- it was on for the better part of the day(not during the news). They talked to a shitload of people- some from other teams- some former NFL players- and this is something that has gone on for quite awhile- least accourding to them. The Saints should not be the only ones punished.

The only good thing that may come out of this- Drew Brees will def get the contract he wants now.

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

I'm still going to remain a Saints fan. Love the team.

Blog Entries
    I've cooled off this issue a lot, but I still stand that Sean Payton deserves everything they get. And the players involved deserve multiple games (especially the player who is known to have put multiple tens of thousands on the table for a Favre KO).

That being said, Bush to the Bears? LOL FORTE.

Also, Me Gusta the Law-Firm. Bengals got a great RB for the system.
    D.O.A.

I have no idea how involved Sean Peyton was, but Gregg Williams shouldn't be allowed back. I mean if this stuff is going on to some extent in every other team, then a lot of teams are used to seeing this and maybe not thinking so much of it. Maybe Sean was thought it was just things like touchdowns and such, and didn't think it involved injuries.

So Michael Bush to the Bears. Forte's fantasy level is going to diminish just a little bit, because now he's probably going to be splitting the carries with Bush.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I have no idea how involved Sean Peyton was, but Gregg Williams shouldn't be allowed back. I mean if this stuff is going on to some extent in every other team, then a lot of teams are used to seeing this and maybe not thinking so much of it. Maybe Sean was thought it was just things like touchdowns and such, and didn't think it involved injuries.

So Michael Bush to the Bears. Forte's fantasy level is going to diminish just a little bit, because now he's probably going to be splitting the carries with Bush.
    I'm surprised Bush signed with Chicago. It seems weird to go to a team with a great RB on the roster right now--you'd think he'd want to be the guy where ever he went.
    D.O.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post

Gregg Williams- suspended indefinitely

Peyton- just a year. But you can go to some shops in New Orleans now and get your "Free Sean Peyton" t shirt. A place started selling them yesterday- sold out and are pressing more. Smart guys- making some cash off of it- yet its not gonna bring Peyton back, lol

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

Yeah I already knew what their punishments were, I'm just saying Williams shouldn't be allowed back regardless. That might end up being the case anyways, but they may let him back under certain conditions. Even then, St.Louis should fire him too. Or maybe they want that type of controversy?

Blog Entries
    So the same guy who costed Peyton a ring is now on the same team with him. Hope Tracy Porter and Peyton Manning can get along pretty well.
    HWA Presents: Hardcore Heaven April 20th, 2014

Join the most Hardcore of eWN's E-Feds

HWA Discussion Thread

HWA Show Thread

Want to join HWA? Fill out an application here, and we'll get you started ASAP!