Page 136 of 319 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126134135136137138 146 186 236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 3185
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by giddy22897 View Post
    Now there is a good gif

Rivals mine.

Semi-want the pass the Pat player missed before NYG got the ball or the safety sack.

Blog Entries
    giddy, please don't start posting a bunch of these again.

And that play reminds me, I have to give Brady huge props for converting on the play after that sack, on 4th and 16. He looked like Big Ben on that one.

I actually felt bad for Kraft... He just looked so sad and dejected

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AM THE APW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION!!! (#HotBods #BodomIsMyBestie)

Former HWA Writer

Johnny Hot:
    HWA Supremacy World Champion (x1)
    APW World Champion (x1)
    (2x) APW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS (w/ Bodom)
    APW International Champion
    Award for Feud of the Year (2012)
    Award for Shocker of the Year (2012)

Sweet Jones:
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion

Cody McDerrell:
    HWA's Resident Redneck

Quote Originally Posted by Broc View Post
    giddy, please don't start posting a bunch of these again.

And that play reminds me, I have to give Brady huge props for converting on the play after that sack, on 4th and 16. He looked like Big Ben on that one.
    I'm just posting cool plays from the Super Bowl... That's on topic.
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AM THE APW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION!!! (#HotBods #BodomIsMyBestie)

Former HWA Writer

Johnny Hot:
    APW World Champion (x1)

Sweet Jones:

Cody McDerrell:
    HWA's Resident Redneck

Blog Entries
    I actually felt bad for Kraft... He just looked so sad and dejected

Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    Now you must acquire a taste for... FREE FORM JAZZ!

Former HWA Writer

Johnny Hot:
    APW World Champion (x1)

Sweet Jones:

Cody McDerrell:
    HWA's Resident Redneck

Quote Originally Posted by Broc View Post
    Who says he has to miss it? It could be blocked, have a bad snap, botched hold (see Tony Homo

But in my eyes, if you can score you do it, regardless of the situation. And in the end, it proved to be the better decision, because they won.
    I think you have to have more trust in your line, holder, and kicker. If they do their job, you can easily win. The odds are way greater to win there, then to give Tom Brady back the football.

Chances are, they might not have even kicked a field goal anyways. They just wanted less time on the clock, they could have gotten into the endzone on the next down, and there would have only been about 10-15 seconds left for Brady to do something on offense.

The fact that New England was LETTING him go into the endzone, proves that they ALL KNEW he should have went down. It really comes down to coaching strategies to be honest, there's not really any right or wrong way to do it, unless you end up picking the wrong one during a game that is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I think you have to have more trust in your line, holder, and kicker. If they do their job, you can easily win. The odds are way greater to win there, then to give Tom Brady back the football.

Chances are, they might not have even kicked a field goal anyways. They just wanted less time on the clock, they could have gotten into the endzone on the next down, and there would have only been about 10-15 seconds left for Brady to do something on offense.

The fact that New England was LETTING him go into the endzone, proves that they ALL KNEW he should have went down. It really comes down to coaching strategies to be honest, there's not really any right or wrong way to do it, unless you end up picking the wrong one during a game that is.
    The thing is, as the defense, I would actually let them score that. But yet as the offense, I would take the score

No, there isn't a right or wrong way, but I strongly believe that points in the NFL are hard to come by, and if you can get them in ANY situation, you take them regardless.

See, you're pretty much contradicting yourself. If you'd let them score as a defense, then you know what the offense wants to do. You know that you have a chance at scoring if you get the ball back one more time.

Lawrence Tynes has made every field goal he kicked from the 20-29 since 2010, he missed 2 in 2011. His all time career is 66-69. He's 4-4 from the 0-19. The chances of him missing that were slim, and if anyone on the New York team thought they shouldn't score, they have NO faith in their kicker, their teammate.

The NY sideline wanted Bradshaw to go down, the huddle wanted him to go down, Manning told him to go down, and he WANTED to go down, his momentum just took over him.

In the end, it didn't matter. If the New England offense would have been able to score though, then he would have been the goat of the game.

Blog Entries
    Well, whether it's contradicting or not, it makes sense to me.

And besides, you say they have to trust their Kicker, what about trusting their defense who was playing lights out all game? To me, not scoring in that situation is basically a slap in the face to everyone on their defense. To me, that's basically saying "their offense is better then our defense" and as a defensive player, I would not be happy at a coach's decision like that, ESPECIALLY when said defense has been playing phenomenal all game.