Page 237 of 319 FirstFirst ... 137 187 227235236237238239 247 287 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 3184
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    VHX isn't ded yet?
    Considering Jags have just won our version of the super bowl (I.E Winning a fucking game) I'm more than happy listening to the delusion that we go 8-8, somehow steal our division and then horribly win the superbowl thus creating 1 hell of a 30-for-30 story lol

Blog Entries
    Bucsball and Jagsball are so cute.

Waited so long for this 1 lol

I'm checking out the Poland NFL ball thread. They are all kawaii :3

#REAL!

Blog Entries
    A bit of a rant here. I'm gonna try to keep it short though.

People put WAY too much attention into the draft. We still have almost half a year until the draft starts. The main thing though, is people think when you get an earlier pick, that makes it a better pick. That is completely untrue. The draft isn't about going earlier, it's about making the best pick possible. And when I hear fans say that they want their team to "tank" to get a better pick, I always think about the Herm Edwards quote. "Hello? You play to win the game." And it's completely true.

When I watch a steeler game right now, while it's been a bad season, I don't say to myself "I hope we losethis game." No, not at all. As a fan, I want to see my team win games. That doesn't mean I think we're gonna win every game and make the playoffs, because that likely won't happen, but it doesn't mean that the team's goal every week should be to lose. The draft can wait until April, but during the season, I want to see my team win. You don't get better players by picking earlier, you get better players by making the best pick you can.

Does anyone remember Jamarcus Russel? He went with first pick of the draft, and how'd he turn out? How about Ryan Leaf? He went 2nd overall and is considered to be the biggest bust in history.

Point is, there is a lot of good players through the draft that you can get without a good pick. Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round and he's arguably one of the top 5 QBs of all time. Last year Alfred Morris was picked in the 5th round, and he was 2nd in the league in rushing yards by the end of the year.

There is talent everywhere in the draft, you just have to be able to scout well, and make good picks regardless of where you're picking.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Broc View Post
    A bit of a rant here. I'm gonna try to keep it short though.

People put WAY too much attention into the draft. We still have almost half a year until the draft starts. The main thing though, is people think when you get an earlier pick, that makes it a better pick. That is completely untrue. The draft isn't about going earlier, it's about making the best pick possible. And when I hear fans say that they want their team to "tank" to get a better pick, I always think about the Herm Edwards quote. "Hello? You play to win the game." And it's completely true.

When I watch a steeler game right now, while it's been a bad season, I don't say to myself "I hope we losethis game." No, not at all. As a fan, I want to see my team win games. That doesn't mean I think we're gonna win every game and make the playoffs, because that likely won't happen, but it doesn't mean that the team's goal every week should be to lose. The draft can wait until April, but during the season, I want to see my team win. You don't get better players by picking earlier, you get better players by making the best pick you can.

Does anyone remember Jamarcus Russel? He went with first pick of the draft, and how'd he turn out? How about Ryan Leaf? He went 2nd overall and is considered to be the biggest bust in history.

Point is, there is a lot of good players through the draft that you can get without a good pick. Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round and he's arguably one of the top 5 QBs of all time. Last year Alfred Morris was picked in the 5th round, and he was 2nd in the league in rushing yards by the end of the year.

There is talent everywhere in the draft, you just have to be able to scout well, and make good picks regardless of where you're picking.
    *points to the fine line of hoping your team will win and knowing they have zero chance of even having a remotely decent season.*

I'm all for delusion pal and I love seeing the Jags beat teams when we do but we literally need good draft picks if we're to improve.

You're right about the draft in 1 sense but you cannot take the fact away that the draft also gives teams the best players to help massively improve the squad. Andrew Luck, RG Knee and Rustle Wilson are decent examples.

Hell in NBA Charles Barkley and MJ went 2nd and 3rd in the same year and became 2 of the best. So whilst players flop, a good number of them don't.

Blog Entries
    In most cases, that is true. However, I don't consider tanking to be the answer.

Chiefs vs Broncos

Who do you have winning this game?

#REAL!

Blog Entries

Chiefs vs Broncos

Who do you have winning this game?
    Broncos... I think the Cheifs finally find a team that is just too much to handle.
    #TeamGeeky

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Broncos... I think the Cheifs finally find a team that is just too much to handle.
    KC has shown that their defense is scary. This will test them not only in this game, but it will send a message to the other teams that they are for real. Even if Alex Smith and Andy Reid are the masterminds.

#REAL!

Blog Entries
    KC has shown that their defense is scary. This will test them not only in this game, but it will send a message to the other teams that they are for real. Even if Alex Smith and Andy Reid are the masterminds.
    Don't get me wrong, I think the Chiefs are for real... I just think the Broncos are too... The Broncos are going into that game and they need it more... It's hard to hold a team back that feels like they need the victory.
    #TeamGeeky