Page 199 of 320 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189197198199200201 209 249 299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 3195
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by North Vegas Benny View Post
    Same thing goes for Barry Sanders. He was a great player on a shit team for his whole career. After Emmitt Smith left the Cowboys I always wished that we would do everything we could to acquire his contract from the Lions.

Plus what makes it great for him to win is he was actually chosen in 1999 to be on the cover but turned it down due to him deciding to retire that year.

I don't want to take anything away from Adrian Peterson, he is the best running back in the NFL at this time. He is still young and he will have plenty more chances to get on the cover. But EA Sports is making a big deal of this being the 25th anniversary of Madden NFL and I like there being a Hall Of Famer on the cover. Although I wanted it to be Jerry Rice, who is considered by many the best to ever play the game.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't mind that they chose Sanders, I'm not ignorant I know his impact on the game. I just think AP had one of the greatest seasons a running back has ever had on a team that was terrible. I would personally have preferred him to get on the cover. In my dream world Jerry Rice would be on the cover, he has shown nothing but class on and off the field. Jerry Rice IMO is one of the greatest athletes in any sport ever.
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I don't mind that they chose Sanders, I'm not ignorant I know his impact on the game. I just think AP had one of the greatest seasons a running back has ever had on a team that was terrible. I would personally have preferred him to get on the cover. In my dream world Jerry Rice would be on the cover, he has shown nothing but class on and off the field. Jerry Rice IMO is one of the greatest athletes in any sport ever.
    Yeah and he will have plenty more. AP has all things going for him to be the greatest running back of all time. Great running backs look even greater when they are on shit teams. Barry Sanders is also in the 2000 yards in a season club. But he is also in the 10000 yards in a career club with over 15000 yards (3rd all time). He has the record for most consecutive 1,500 yard seasons (5). And he has the record for most games in a row of 100 yards (14). So he has had great years for a shit team too, but he did it longer. In my opinion if either of them played for actual contenders their stats would have gone way down.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by North Vegas Benny View Post
    Yeah and he will have plenty more. AP has all things going for him to be the greatest running back of all time. Great running backs look even greater when they are on shit teams. Barry Sanders is also in the 2000 yards in a season club. But he is also in the 10000 yards in a career club with over 15000 yards (3rd all time). He has the record for most consecutive 1,500 yard seasons (5). And he has the record for most games in a row of 100 yards (14). So he has had great years for a shit team too, but he did it longer. In my opinion if either of them played for actual contenders their stats would have gone way down.
    Depends on who the contender is... Obviously if they had Peyton Manning throwing the ball they wouldn't have 2000 yard rushing seasons... but Marshawn Lynch is on a team that is mike and mikes favorite to win the superbowl next year and almost had a 1500 yard season this last season. Teams like Seattle and Washington are always built run heavy it seems.
    #BeJelly

Draft Time in 30 minutes! Let's see who my Raiders pick

E-fed: Jackson "The Boss" Smith- IWA & former ICW superstar
    DJ "The Ladies Man" Williams w/ Rosita-EWNCW
    Devon "Just Damn Good" Jones

Draft is here!! Woo-Hooo

E-fed: Jackson "The Boss" Smith- IWA & former ICW superstar
    DJ "The Ladies Man" Williams w/ Rosita-EWNCW
    Devon "Just Damn Good" Jones

Blog Entries
    Luke Joeckel.

Who is he? What position does he play and is he any good?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    Luke Joeckel.

Who is he? What position does he play and is he any good?
    He's an offensive lineman and he is rated as the best one in the draft.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    He's an offensive lineman and he is rated as the best one in the draft.
    Hmm, pretty good then. The handful of signings we've done so far all do sound like massive improvements to the positions they take when comapred to who we had.

I'm not saying we're good now but I am easily saying we're better lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    Hmm, pretty good then. The handful of signings we've done so far all do sound like massive improvements to the positions they take when comapred to who we had.

I'm not saying we're good now but I am easily saying we're better lol
    The good thing about your division is there is no powerhouse... Jacksonville only needs a couple pieces and they could compete for the division. Andrew Luck could turn it up though, if he is the next Peyton Manning it could be a rough decade for Jacksonville.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    The good thing about your division is there is no powerhouse... Jacksonville only needs a couple pieces and they could compete for the division. Andrew Luck could turn it up though, if he is the next Peyton Manning it could be a rough decade for Jacksonville.
    True. Not really worried about the Colts. Luck is great but I can't see him winning a Super Bowl honestly.

Still more worried about the Texans, especially since NFL thought it would be a good idea to make us play them back to back this upcoming season.

I'm thinking 4-12 really... 5-11 if we're lucky lol

Give us 2 or 3 years of stedily improving our strongest areas and I think we could be a legit play-off contender again.