Page 85 of 314 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I admit that Andrew Luck is pretty good, especially at the College stage, but take a look at his arm strength. I'm starting to question whether or not he'll be able to make throws at the next level. I mean his accuracy is really good, he can already throw more accurately then most NFL quarterbacks, throwing a perfect spiral each time.

He just lacks the ability to gun the football into tight spaces. Brett Favre, Dan Marino, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers all can or could toss laser beams across the field when they needed to. Luck hasn't quite shown that ability.

Luck does move well in the pocket, and it seems he has awareness of what's going on around him. He has the discipline to shuffle to the open spots, maintain his balance and square up downfield to toss gems all over the field. But here's another con, he relies to much on his check downs. Luck either checks down to his running back or locks in on one receiver.

Another pro is his mobility though, he almost reminds me of Big Ben in the back of the pocket when he runs. He may not exactly have blazing speed, but he has that athleticism to keep the defense on their toes. This season, he's rushed 43 times for 153 yards and a couple of touchdowns, averaging 3.6 yards per carry.

He's got to be more cautious when running though, when he becomes a 45 million dollar franchise Quarterback, he can't be lowering the shoulder on runs, into guys like James Harrison.

His size will work for him though, 6'4", 235 pounds. Luck has the kind of body that will allow him to see over the line, read the defenses and handle the physicality of the professional ranks. He does have good leadership though on the field, and he is very smart and mature. He's the kind of guy who's good in the classroom, and on the field. A little cheesy, but I think it's true.

With all that aside though, it really depends on what team he goes to, and how fast they throw him into the game. If he goes to the Colts, and Manning goes down again, Luck might have trouble getting in there and being a starting QB in the NFL. But if he has time sitting behind Manning, then it could really help him and the Colts out in the future.

If he goes to the Vikings, I think it's safe to say he'd be starting immediately. I would actually prefer seeing him in Minnesota, I think he fits that team better, and I don't even mind them too much. I'm not a fan of the Colts, being a Steeler fan and all, I respect them, but I don't want to see them making any more comebacks and getting back into the playoff picture for the next few years.

So what do you think about Luck, Broc? Will Andrew Luck be a bust?
    Sully for ESPN analysts!

that truly was the best breakdown Andrew Luck I've ever heard

as far as what I think, I like Luck, but like you said it depends on the situation, if he has time to sit behind one of the greatest QBs in history like Peyton Manning, I'm sure he can teach him a few things, but then you also have to wonder, seeing as how bad the Colts were this year, what if it's the same bunch of guys that made then terrible this year, but with Luck as starter? could he be able to do what Manning has done, and make a 2-13 team, into 10-6 team? it seems like a lot to handle, but I wouldn't deny Luck of anything, the guy does his home work, not just in school, but on the field to, that's what's gotten him his success in NCAA so far.

but you do have a good point, Luck doesn't have the same arm as some of those people, so maybe that could hurt him, especially in a offense like Indy, who has no running support what so ever, and would have to rely on Luck to throw the ball a lot.

but then you think, "can having dead on accuracy cover up the lack of an arm? And truly, there's no way in answering that until he steps on the field, so we'll have to wait and see

and another thing, people are acting like he's the god of football though, except the difference between him and Tebow, everybody HATED Tebow coming out of college, just ask Mel Kiper, he's probably still crying just because of the success Tebow has had already. Where as Andrew luck is the complete opposite and everybody wants on his bandwagon, well that bandwagon is running out of room, and maybe Luck will be jumping off (did that make any sense? I just pulled that out of my ass)

but overall here's my expectation on Luck, if he goes to Indy, I see him struggling a lot when he first steps on the field, mainly because of how much he would have to throw it.

however if he goes to Minnesota, I could really see him filling the "game manager" role very well, because he'll have AP to support him on the ground. Although speaking of AP, I really think he's starting to wear down, he's been getting injured all this year, and maybe he's just another to add to the RB short career list, hopefully not though because he's a fucking animal.
    HWA Presents: Hardcore Heaven April 20th, 2014

Join the most Hardcore of eWN's E-Feds

HWA Discussion Thread

HWA Show Thread

Want to join HWA? Fill out an application here, and we'll get you started ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    I cannot stress how accurate the bolded is.

The people who cover MLS have 0% knowledge of tactics, formations or how defences should act.
    I can probably guess they're all like this for nearly(if not all) sports too.
    It's not just those on ESPN. It's commentators too, and even some guys on NFL Network. They're all obnoxious...I almost muted my TV last Monday because of those two idiots blabbing their lips.

Quote Originally Posted by Broc View Post
    Sully for ESPN analysts!

that truly was the best breakdown Andrew Luck I've ever heard

as far as what I think, I like Luck, but like you said it depends on the situation, if he has time to sit behind one of the greatest QBs in history like Peyton Manning, I'm sure he can teach him a few things, but then you also have to wonder, seeing as how bad the Colts were this year, what if it's the same bunch of guys that made then terrible this year, but with Luck as starter? could he be able to do what Manning has done, and make a 2-13 team, into 10-6 team? it seems like a lot to handle, but I wouldn't deny Luck of anything, the guy does his home work, not just in school, but on the field to, that's what's gotten him his success in NCAA so far.

but you do have a good point, Luck doesn't have the same arm as some of those people, so maybe that could hurt him, especially in a offense like Indy, who has no running support what so ever, and would have to rely on Luck to throw the ball a lot.

but then you think, "can having dead on accuracy cover up the lack of an arm? And truly, there's no way in answering that until he steps on the field, so we'll have to wait and see

and another thing, people are acting like he's the god of football though, except the difference between him and Tebow, everybody HATED Tebow coming out of college, just ask Mel Kiper, he's probably still crying just because of the success Tebow has had already. Where as Andrew luck is the complete opposite and everybody wants on his bandwagon, well that bandwagon is running out of room, and maybe Luck will be jumping off (did that make any sense? I just pulled that out of my ass)

but overall here's my expectation on Luck, if he goes to Indy, I see him struggling a lot when he first steps on the field, mainly because of how much he would have to throw it.

however if he goes to Minnesota, I could really see him filling the "game manager" role very well, because he'll have AP to support him on the ground. Although speaking of AP, I really think he's starting to wear down, he's been getting injured all this year, and maybe he's just another to add to the RB short career list, hopefully not though because he's a fucking animal.
    I've been trying to watch more NCAA football, and because people we're making a big deal about him, I wanted to see. I didn't watch much though, and most of that was based off of research. Like, you really think I knew his rushing stats off the top of my head, lol. But all the videos I've seen, and the games I did watch, his arm strength really stood out as somewhat weak to me.

I would really enjoy seeing him in Minnesota though, for the same reasons I said in my previous post.

Blog Entries
    It's not just those on ESPN. It's commentators too, and even some guys on NFL Network. They're all obnoxious...I almost muted my TV last Monday because of those two idiots blabbing their lips.

I've been trying to watch more NCAA football, and because people we're making a big deal about him, I wanted to see. I didn't watch much though, and most of that was based off of research. Like, you really think I knew his rushing stats off the top of my head, lol. But all the videos I've seen, and the games I did watch, his arm strength really stood out as somewhat weak to me.

I would really enjoy seeing him in Minnesota though, for the same reasons I said in my previous post.
    do you really think ESPN analysts do either lol, they have to do their home work as well

HWA Discussion Thread

HWA Show Thread

And Ben isn't starting. That sucks...

Oh well. If Glass Batch can't get things done by halftime, Ben will have to go in himself and play through the pain. I'm kinda disappointed though, I mean Big Ben is my favorite player, and the game I've been waiting all season for, he's not starting. I'll enjoy it though, either way. I'm going to see the Steelers, and I'm sure we'll make a ton of big plays.

And if Baltimore loses, I could get to go back to Heinz Field and see Ben play anyways, because that'll be the divisional round.

Blog Entries
    And Ben isn't starting. That sucks...

Oh well. If Glass Batch can't get things done by halftime, Ben will have to go in himself and play through the pain. I'm kinda disappointed though, I mean Big Ben is my favorite player, and the game I've been waiting all season for, he's not starting. I'll enjoy it though, either way. I'm going to see the Steelers, and I'm sure we'll make a ton of big plays.

And if Baltimore loses, I could get to go back to Heinz Field and see Ben play anyways, because that'll be the divisional round.
    is it confirmed Batch will be starting? I really would rather have Dixon in than him

HWA Discussion Thread

HWA Show Thread

is it confirmed Batch will be starting? I really would rather have Dixon in than him
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Yes it is. And Batch isn't too bad, he was a little rusty going during that Cleveland game, he came in unknowingly. He's had all week to practice now, but you're right, I'd still prefer Dixon. Sadly, that fucker Bruce Arains has a crush on Batch.

I'll be honest, I actually wouldn't mind seeing Batch get horribly injured. I know that's a terrible thing to say, especially because he's a Steeler, but I've never seen the cart come out in the three Steeler games I've gone to, it'd be nice for the 4th.

Blog Entries
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Yes it is. And Batch isn't too bad, he was a little rusty going during that Cleveland game, he came in unknowingly. He's had all week to practice now, but you're right, I'd still prefer Dixon. Sadly, that fucker Bruce Arains has a crush on Batch.

I'll be honest, I actually wouldn't mind seeing Batch get horribly injured. I know that's a terrible thing to say, especially because he's a Steeler, but I've never seen the cart come out in the three Steeler games I've gone to, it'd be nice for the 4th.
    that is so fucked up!!!! lol, he'll probably sprain his wrist and not come back if I had to guess lol, but I bet Dixon still ends up getting in

HWA Discussion Thread

HWA Show Thread

but I bet Dixon still ends up getting in
    Depends on what the score is. If it's 24-6 in the 3rd quarter and Batch goes out, we're putting Dixon in.

If it's 0-7 in the third quarter and back goes out, we're putting Ben in. If it's 0-7 at halftime, we're putting Ben in.

Well, I'm off to the Steeler game...you guys might see me if ya watch it!

I'll be in row 113, on the visitors side. We actually have some really good seats. Look for Pouncey Jerseys!

Blog Entries
    Anyone home!?!?!?!?!?!

how bout the Dolphins? anyone....

HWA Discussion Thread

HWA Show Thread