Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Promo Cutting: Who is good? Who needs work?

I am obviously a huge Miz mark. But I honestly believe he is the best at cutting a promo in the WWE right now.

Wade Barrett is also quite excellent. CM Punk as well. Jericho.

Worst goes to Yoshi Tatsu, since the poor guy isn't supposed to speak English on screen. As for who is allowed to speak, I cringe every time Kane talks. I know he's supposed to be a monster, but it seems so forced. Swagger, he's mostly got rid of the lisp but he's also one who it just sounds really forced. The one promo with Kane accusing Swagger of being 'Taker's attacker was just painful.

Is it just me, or do they make the people who cut promos the best the heels?

Agree with you on Kane. Although I think Kane's done his best promo work of his entire career.

ehh it's a yes and no. Cutting a heel promo is a lot easier than a face promo. It's far easier to make a crowd hate you than to like you.

Lately, Kane has been much better. But I still get that undertone of "I'm supposed to be acting like a big mean jerk right now! Roaaarrr."

HA!

Although I think it's more mentally unstable psychotic than a jerk

imo the best atm are miz, punk, jericho, edge and cena

I like Edge, but I feel like he overemphasizes sometimes.

Oh, I can't believe I forgot The Great Khali as terrible. Even when he's speaking English I have no idea wtf he's saying.

WADHNVMBARETYOOMEGHATONIGHTRAUGHMFL

Cena's fine when he doesn't get preachy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the_captain View Post
    I like Edge, but I feel like he overemphasizes sometimes.

Oh, I can't believe I forgot The Great Khali as terrible. Even when he's speaking English I have no idea wtf he's saying.

WADHNVMBARETYOOMEGHATONIGHTRAUGHMFL
    Lmao, that was more understandable than Khali. The problem with Kane's promos lately is they have been too heavily scripted. Same goes for Edge - that's why it's coming across as forced. Edge is usually great on mic. Obviously someone like Jericho can just work with a rough outline of what to say and wing it from there - much as it was in the Attitude era where you had people like Stone Cold & The Rock who would ad lib a lot. Of course, Vince was a lot more liberal back then. I have the feeling Kennedy/Anderson was let go as much for his loose cannon mouth as much as for working stiff.
    Tarver has been alright on the mic too. I was cringing however watching NXT season 2 when they had the mic challenge - the topics were just awful and some were much harder than others. The fact that WWE promos are heavily scripted anyway, precludes this kind of mic spontenaity pointless anyway.
    Really like Arn Anderson's promos a while ago

Peckerwood's Mustache promo FTW

Any of the challenges on NXT are cringe worthy. In general.

And yes, I got that feeling too Robstar. I wish that they would just give them a general outline and say "Run with it". Rather than "You say this, then you say this, then you say this." It makes it far less natural sounding.