EWN Game Reviews

I know we have a Game Discussion Thread but i thought it would be nice to have a Game Reviews thread. Please be a game you have either put effort into playing or a game you have completed.

Can be any game OLD or NEW.

I would love it if a few members could write some reviews about this years new releases as there are ALOT of games that look worthy of getting this year and those of use with a budget want to know what is really worth getting.

And although this is going to be hard to do please dont be bias.

Tomb Raider - 1996 - PSX (also on PC and Sega Saturn)

This game was released when i was 8 years old and i wasnt really a good enough gamer back then to enjoy this game in anyway. I remember my Uncle and my best mates Dad LOVED this game and wouldnt stop talking about it when i was a kid and its one of those games which is talked about being one of the best ever.

Playing on it this weekend i have to agree with them. The game is amazing, yes it has ALOT of flaws with it but for the time it was truly ground breaking. The graphics were great and the soundtrack is exceptional, it really fit the atmosphere and the animal sounds although samey did make you jump at times.

The game isnt as difficult or as long as i remember it but still is a challenge in places with some of the puzzles still requiring alot of thinking. Combat is WAY easier then i thought having only died once due to a enemy which was a bear right at the start when i was still getting use to the controls. But since then no enemies have been a challenge really.

The MAJOR issue i had was the controls jumping is a PAIN in the arse and at times using the action button to cling onto something dosent work it requires alot of going back to the save point and starting again. The one thing that really pissed me off was when you landed after a jump at times she would just jump again. Although this is very annoying it still is a very entertaining and fun game to play even today.

I managed to pick up this game for £1($1.50) from a local game shop so it was a bargain. Id recommend if your bored or if your broke or if you havent completed this game before to buy it. If you cant find it in store i believe the PSN has it for around £4 defiantly worth a buy.

Pros:-

# Its a Classic and really is a challenge still today
    # Its really entertaining
    # Its Cheap
    # The Soundtrack is still amazing

Cons:-

# Jumping is a bitch
    # Graphics may look to dated for some people

9/10

Blog Entries
    I will go get my reviews from others websites in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    I will go get my reviews from others websites in the near future
    True i do use IGN alot for reviews but alot of them are bias to fuck. That why i like to get the players opinion rather then the critics.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Subject Zero View Post
    True i do use IGN alot for reviews but alot of them are bias to fuck. That why i like to get the players opinion rather then the critics.
    Oh lord. No I dispise IGN. I find there critics to be paid by the game companies themselves if you get me or bias as you stated
    Although the other problem is Gamespot don't take bribes and when they're honest they get fired (See Kane and Lynch, man that sucked!!!)
    At least we got Giant Bomb out of it

Blog Entries
    http://www.trueachievements.com/view...mmentid=336516

Encleaverment Experiment.

Posted on 16 July 11 at 05:28 (Because 5AM is the perfect reviewing time )

Ah Encleverment Experiment, I can't think of a better game that no-one has reviewed to start my reviewing on TrueAchievements.

I think the best way to review this is to tell you all a little story of how I got my hands on this bad boy.

The year was 2009, back then we didn't have all these fancy things kids have today such as an Xbox360Slim or Ipads, but we survived. But from a distance came a game that to this day is missed by most people who played it: 1 vs. 100.

It was a beta game apparently that ran for 2 seasons, and in the 2nd season it added achievements (And a new way to torture 1 of my friends who can't button bash. Their was an achievement for button bashing to the max to make your 360 avatar dance and he couldn't do it, fun times.) Basically it gave you a question and 3 answers to pick from with 1 being the correct answer.

It was a surprisingly fun game, especially if you had a full party of friends playing together. That was until the 2nd season ended and then it was cancelled . Oh how I miss this game and I was in search of a game like it.

Eventually whilst browsing through arcade games to see whats out. I saw Encleverment. I always wondered what this game truly was considering on its release it had a tile on spotlight for about 24 hours (Which still to date is the only time i've seen this advertised). All I knew about this game was that it was by the creators of Droplitz, which has been called the most addictive game ever by some people. I downloaded the trial for this and from what I got it seemed pretty fun so I bought it.

If I had to sum up what this game is in a matter of words, it would be it is the XBLA version of Dr. Kawashima's brain training. But that wouldn't be fair on EE since it is so much more. It has 16 different rounds that test the 4 quadrants of your brain. All of them different and fun.

Their isn't so much of a plot. I guess the best you'd get out of that is the game show. Where you go against increasingly hard AI until you meet the final boss, the old man who talks to you throughout the game; Ivor Question! (Get it, Ivor...Question...)

This isn't the only part of the game though, hell no! You have Take-A-Test mode to improve your brain score, a marathon mode and multiplayer which allows you to own your friends. So basically you're getting your moneys worth when you play this.

The only other think I have to tell you about is the Mascots. In game you're represented by a mascots. A different animal (or an alien) with a different costume on. So for example, I always played as the Panda with the rock band Kiss make-up on. He tallys up all your points or in Mathletics round. Runs the race for you. All mascots you unlock all dance at the end of the game as well which is always humourous to watch to me.

Overall if you like brain training then you'll love this. I got it for a completely stupid reason and I ended up buying and enjoying every minute on it, espically online. The rounds get a little getting used to but not too much time. It is at least worth downloading the trial to see if you'll like it or not.

Well I hope you enjoyed my first review on TrueAchievements. [Insert part I say rate this positively so my ego can grow].
    Hope this help you decide on whether you should get this interesting game.

4/5 stars

Oh lord. No I dispise IGN. I find there critics to be paid by the game companies themselves if you get me or bias as you stated
    Although the other problem is Gamespot don't take bribes and when they're honest they get fired (See Kane and Lynch, man that sucked!!!)
    At least we got Giant Bomb out of it
    Hell i remember reading about that they gave it 7/10 and the company said something like giving it a less then amazing score is an insult and we wont let you get your hands on any of our games if you give it a negative review.

Thats kinda the reason why i like to look on youtube and get a few video reviews from players.

The best one ever is Two Worlds 2 who refused to give stock to places that didnt give the game 10/10 or was it 9/10.

That game was pure SHITE. They still have my copy in my local CEX lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Subject Zero View Post
    Hell i remember reading about that they gave it 7/10 and the company said something like giving it a less then amazing score is an insult and we wont let you get your hands on any of our games if you give it a negative review.

Thats kinda the reason why i like to look on youtube and get a few video reviews from players.

The best one ever is Two Worlds 2 who refused to give stock to places that didnt give the game 10/10 or was it 9/10.

That game was pure SHITE. They still have my copy in my local CEX lol
    Thats very scary!
    I went into my local CEX and my friend explained what it was. It is £42 there. It is safe to say I didn't buy it.

Thats very scary!
    I went into my local CEX and my friend explained what it was. It is £42 there. It is safe to say I didn't buy it.
    Yeah i brought it from game for like £30 way back about a month after it was released. Its still in CEX now and i made £5 on it so cant complain

Just finished God of War: Origins Collection for the PS3.

For any fan of the series this is a must buy anyways, but it's a fun experience. They are pretty good ports from PSP games and are fun and pretty simple to play. The puzzles aren't that complicated and the fighting is what you would expect from a GoW game. Ghost of Sparta is the far better of the two (they have 2 games on one disc and 2 different sets of trophies). Chains of Olympus looks about like a PS2 game, but GoS looks near PS3 quality. Plus at $40 it's a good addition to the series.

8.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion