Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

PS1 Ultimate Game Collection

Hi Guys,

Im starting to build up a PS1 game collection i sold alot of mine YEARS ago when the PS2 came out. But im starting to buy alot of them now on ebay or in 2nd hand game shops.

I wanna know what games you believe are vital to have in a PS1 game collection. And which game you personally love on the PS1 but alot of gamers might not of even know exists.

Blog Entries
    Ah yes the PsOne, loved that console, and I have a lot of suggestions for it
    I believe you already have the first 3 Res games, soooo....

Metal Gear Solid
    Tekken 3
    Final Fantasy 8
    Crash Team Racing
    Crash Bandicoot 3
    Silent Hill
    Tombi and Tombi 2 (well worth the search for them trust me)
    Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Blog Entries
    International Superstar Soccer Pro - The series that created PES, bloody good fun though and a great commentator.
    Smackdown 1
    Smackdown 2:Know Your Role - Brilliant games
    Rugrats: Search for Reptar - WAIT! Before you judge, this game is a very rare game now, I remember playing it when I was little and I found out a few months back that its nearly impossible to find a copy of this game that every level works. Having a rare game like that would be quite cool for a ps1 collection
    Final Fantasy 7 - Really good game
    Ready 2 Rumble - 1 of the best boxing games ever, RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Afro Thunder > Manny Pacman :P
    NBA 2000 - Had a brilliant soundtrack and a quite good basketball game, although all the players a creepily smiling, even when seriosuly injured.

Can't really think of any others that I played at the moment. I'll come back and add a few for you if I remember

Cool alot of great games mentioned.

CTR was an awesome game and in my opinion the best cart game of all time.

Silent Hill is hella expensive on PS1 and its one im looking for thats under £6 but no luck yet.

Tekken 3 is the best Tekken game without a doubt. Looking to add all 3 to my collection.

Will have to look in the castlevania game i heard get things about the series before it was released on PS2

Yep own both Smackdown games the 2nd one is the best of the whole series and the 2nd best wrestling game of all time.

Rugrats was a classic game remember playing that way back in the day and i was surprised about how good a platform game it was.

And yeah looking at the FF series. Im currently bidding for number 7 but 8 is like £20 and really im looking for around the £5 mark maybe £7 if they are a must buy.

Just thought id tell you want i own so i dont get repeated suggestions.

Alien Trilogy
    Apocalypse
    Blade
    Fighting Force
    Medievil
    Metal Gear Solid
    Mission Impossible
    Oddworld
    Resident Evil x2
    Resident Evil 2
    Resident Evil 3
    Tenchu 2
    Tomb Raider
    Tomb Raider 2
    WWF Smackdown
    WWF Smackdown 2

Not alot i know but ive only just started about 2 weeks ago.

Blog Entries
    You mentioned Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider 2, I'd add 3 and 4 too. The first 4 were brilliant.

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace. Bad film, but great game.

Smackdown 2 is a must.

Hydro Thunder. This is a fantastic powerboat racing game with a twist. A lot of fun.

Can't think what else i had now lol.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    You mentioned Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider 2, I'd add 3 and 4 too. The first 4 were brilliant.

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace. Bad film, but great game.

Yeah i couldnt remeber how many Tomb Raiders were out for the PS1 and i am looking to get 3 and 4.

Do you actually mean the game based on the film or the game where you play as 1 of 5 jedi and play through the film as them. Plo Koon and Mace Windu were in it cant remember the 5th. I think its called Jedi Power Battle or something???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Subject Zero View Post
    Yeah i couldnt remeber how many Tomb Raiders were out for the PS1 and i am looking to get 3 and 4.

Do you actually mean the game based on the film or the game where you play as 1 of 5 jedi and play through the film as them. Plo Koon and Mace Windu were in it cant remember the 5th. I think its called Jedi Power Battle or something???
    There was 2 games, a one based on the movie where you played as Jedi and Amidala. Jedi Power Battles was the level based one where you chose on eof 5 jedis, thats worth a look to.

Quote Originally Posted by HeelTurn View Post
    There was 2 games, a one based on the movie where you played as Jedi and Amidala. Jedi Power Battles was the level based one where you chose on eof 5 jedis, thats worth a look to.
    Are they both good?

I owned Power Battles way back when and it was good but was the Movie game any good?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Subject Zero View Post
    Are they both good?

I owned Power Battles way back when and it was good but was the Movie game any good?
    Not in my opinion, Power Battles was a lot better, Phantom Menace was fiddly and just not very fun, but if its cheap it may be worth a look. There was a beat em up to called Masters of the Teras Kesai, or something, it had Luke on the front, but I never played that one.