Page 125 of 249 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115123124125126127 135 175 225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2486
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    Good man!

Always liked you Dennis...
    It's hard to dislike me
    #TeamGeeky

I'd rather Wrestling writing be written by people who know how to tell a story and not by people who love wrestling.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    I'd rather Wrestling writing be written by people who know how to tell a story and not by people who love wrestling.
    that's an interesting opinion, can you expand on your premise?
    #TeamGeeky

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    that's an interesting opinion, can you expand on your premise?
    Being a wrestling expert doesn't automatically qualify someone as an expert storyteller. Which is what Wrestling is at it's core. The telling of story.

People engrossed in wrestling tend to repeat the past. I'd rather have writers who know how to write a story and aren't confined by the Industry's conventional way of thinking.

Granted an understanding of the artform would be a great assets, but if you don't know how to write a story from start to finish you have no place writing a wrestling show.

Blog Entries
    Being a wrestling expert doesn't automatically qualify someone as an expert storyteller. Which is what Wrestling is at it's core. The telling of story.

People engrossed in wrestling tend to repeat the past. I'd rather have writers who know how to write a story and aren't confined by the Industry's conventional way of thinking.

Granted an understanding of the artform would be a great assets, but if you don't know how to write a story from start to finish you have no place writing a wrestling show.
    fair point. though I think it's a serious advantage to know about wrestling as well.
    #TeamGeeky

fair point. though I think it's a serious advantage to know about wrestling as well.
    Oh ofcourse. The perfect combination would be knowledge of wrestling and storytelling ideas from outside the spectrum of wrestling.

Blog Entries
    Oh ofcourse. The perfect combination would be knowledge of wrestling and storytelling ideas from outside the spectrum of wrestling.
    I still wouldn't call your original statement an unpopular opinion. I mean VKM probably thinks it is a bad idea, but I know I like the idea.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!

Blog Entries
    I should also say, the constant need to make your stories intertwine with current events is annoying. I knew the refs storyline was somehow going to lead back to the nfl, I called that from a mile away.
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    I should also say, the constant need to make your stories intertwine with current events is annoying. I knew the refs storyline was somehow going to lead back to the nfl, I called that from a mile away.
    The WWE has been doing this schtick for years. I enjoyed the replacement ref angle the WWE was putting out. Too bad it didn't last long. It was freaking great. I just don't think anyone else was buying it, or it got confusing to the little kids who rather watch Cena than an NFL game or those who are in different countries who don't actually care about American sports.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!

That's just McMahon doing anything he can to get a mention on ESPN or E!.