Page 103 of 245 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2443
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Mike Tenay is under-valued by the IWC.

ALSO...

The Television shows "Friends", "Seinfeld", and "That 70's Show" all were not as great/funny as people make them out to be.
    I'm not going against this thread by saying your wrong. Lol
    but I just have to say Friends is one of my all time fav shows, such great memories watching that shit.

Reserved for when Arsenal lift the FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'm not going against this thread by saying your wrong. Lol
    but I just have to say Friends is one of my all time fav shows, such great memories watching that shit.
    Hence why my opinion on it is unpopular my friend. I just never could get into the show. So many people have the same opinion as you, but I just found it to be completely boring, with the exception of Chandler. Lisa Kudrow had some funny parts as well, but that's just because they were so weird it was humorous.

I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Hence why my opinion on it is unpopular my friend. I just never could get into the show. So many people have the same opinion as you, but I just found it to be completely boring, with the exception of Chandler. Lisa Kudrow had some funny parts as well, but that's just because they were so weird it was humorous.
    Everyone has their own tastes I guess, btw I'm an avid hater of Seinfeld aswell.

What sitcoms do you like ?

Everyone has their own tastes I guess, btw I'm an avid hater of Seinfeld aswell.

What sitcoms do you like ?
    I will say without shame that I still enjoy many older sitcoms (I Love Lucy, Beverly Hillbillies, The Munsters, M*A*S*H, Cosby, Golden Girls, Mama's Family, etc.) but that's more or less because they are series that I haven't seen before other than catching an episode on Nick at Nite every now and then. The comedic timing in the older shows just seem to have more pop and they seemed to pull off comedy without the need to incorporate "potty humor" to get a laugh.

I think in the past decade I have enjoyed shows like Malcolm in the Middle, Scrubs, It's Always Sunny, Big Bang Theory, Wilfred, Franklin and Bash, Workaholics, and The Office (with Ricky, not Steve) but my taste fluctuates quite often so it's hard for me to stay invested week in and week out with them. Plus as I stated before, I am a bigger fan of genuine comedy rather than potty humor. I think Big Bang, Franklin and Bash, and Wilfred are probably the only ones I have series recording set for in my DVR.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    I will say without shame that I still enjoy many older sitcoms (I Love Lucy, Beverly Hillbillies, The Munsters, M*A*S*H, Cosby, Golden Girls, Mama's Family, etc.) but that's more or less because they are series that I haven't seen before other than catching an episode on Nick at Nite every now and then. The comedic timing in the older shows just seem to have more pop and they seemed to pull off comedy without the need to incorporate "potty humor" to get a laugh.

I think in the past decade I have enjoyed shows like Malcolm in the Middle, Scrubs, It's Always Sunny, Big Bang Theory, Wilfred, Franklin and Bash, Workaholics, and The Office (with Ricky, not Steve) but my taste fluctuates quite often so it's hard for me to stay invested week in and week out with them. Plus as I stated before, I am a bigger fan of genuine comedy rather than potty humor. I think Big Bang, Franklin and Bash, and Wilfred are probably the only ones I have series recording set for in my DVR.
    Those are some old shows, Lol I love the Cosby show though.

Blog Entries

As far as MASH goes, they've used potty humor from time to time. Granted it didn't rely on it as the sole comedic property, it was there.

The Big Bang Theory is the closest I have found to older Sitcoms. It doesn't solely rely on potty humor to move the comedy along.

I own all 11 seasons of MASH on DVD, and all the available seasons of The Big Bang Theory on DVD as well. If it tells you how AWESOME these shows are. A really good Dramady would be Castle.

As far as Seinfeld, I loathe it. I Loathe Friends too.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!

Quote Originally Posted by Amerinaine View Post
    As far as MASH goes, they've used potty humor from time to time. Granted it didn't rely on it as the sole comedic property, it was there.

The Big Bang Theory is the closest I have found to older Sitcoms. It doesn't solely rely on potty humor to move the comedy along.

I own all 11 seasons of MASH on DVD, and all the available seasons of The Big Bang Theory on DVD as well. If it tells you how AWESOME these shows are. A really good Dramady would be Castle.

As far as Seinfeld, I loathe it. I Loathe Friends too.

My mother got me into MASH originally. I bought her the collectors edition series set (I'm sure this is the same one you own as well) and have watched the entire series with her several times over. Pretty much anytime I go over to her house, we'll put it on for background noise when we're bullshitting. I was a big fan of Winchester, but Frank provided so much comic relief. And as for the potty humor, it's in pretty much everything. Golden Girls was pretty bad about it, but no blatant cursing, nor any vulger sex jokes... But they had their moments.

Big Band is classic whit. I love the intellectual humor that goes along with the idea of the show. I also give kudos to the creators for expanding so many peoples vocabulary... I never thought "coitus" would be a commonly used word. I am also a fan of the title names (as wierd as that sounds) because they are smart with context geared toward the episode.

I will have to find Castle to watch it. Is it still going or is it an older series I can find on Netflix?

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Castle fucking rules. Yes they are still going. It was rumored it was going to be cancelled, but they ordered a season 5. Nathan Fillion will finally have a show that will last longer than 1 season. (Drive anyone.)
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!

Blog Entries
    Maybe move this discussion to the Television thread fellas? Seems more appropriate there. I know things tend to go a bit like this once debate starts in this thread.

*I'll get you started there

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Maybe move this discussion to the Television thread fellas? Seems more appropriate there. I know things tend to go a bit like this once debate starts in this thread.

*I'll get you started there

No prob Rob, but I gotta say that my Unpopular opinion is that the TV thread is over-rated... All the cool kids hang out here.

DRG hates everyone