Page 198 of 252 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188196197198199200 208 248 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2513
  1. #1971
    Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    7,360
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I can see how the sudden change could give a better feel, but I have always looked as if they should build stories to culminate at PPVs, so I am programmed to think that way. Why give it away for free, when you could get some $$ from the potential of getting Dixie out of power mixed with a promise of Aries vs. Styles as the key match to decide it?


    I would also rename the PPVs with the exception of Slammiversary since it is the actual Anniversary show of the Company (not the brand). I'd also make it a 6 PPV format as 3 months between is too long and angles can fall flat between, but 1 month to build isn't enough since TNA doesn't have the TV time needed to build enough for them. With 6-8 Impacts between PPVs, they can easily build 7-8 meaningful matches for each PPV. The only other exception of the renaming would be Destination X because out of all the TNA PPVs, this is the one with the least negative perception.


    But we are definately of the similar thought on this. Fuck Lagana and Conway! Hire Kash and DRG!
    The dollar thing is definitely what favours your trail of thought, but they could always build towards something else after the initial first show. Either way, I definitely think Jeff needs us lol!

    The only thing I'd have against keeping Slamiversary is that it ties the new image company to the old one. But, there's nothing really wrong with that, as history should always be preserved as much as possible. Either way less PPV'S is more. When it was once a month it was too much for a fledgling company trying to keep new viewers continually entertained without them losing the plot, so to speak.

    @SESAfro: Yeah, they're actually not a bad promotion either. Do they have IPW patented? I don't know, but there was a Scottish based promotion that used NXT before WWE and they came to an agreement of some sort. Not saying that IPW should definitely be the new name for TNA, but I certainly like the ring to it.

    @SG: Yup. Saying that, I have an iPhone (two in fact lol), and it's quite the handy tool for posting here, and that's all that matters to me lol... But, yeah. Fuck an Apple.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.

     

  2. #1972
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    The dollar thing is definitely what favours your trail of thought, but they could always build towards something else after the initial first show. Either way, I definitely think Jeff needs us lol!

    The only thing I'd have against keeping Slamiversary is that it ties the new image company to the old one. But, there's nothing really wrong with that, as history should always be preserved as much as possible. Either way less PPV'S is more. When it was once a month it was too much for a fledgling company trying to keep new viewers continually entertained without them losing the plot, so to speak.

    Keeping Slammiversary is okay in my mind because the company isn't folding - which Slammiversary is the anniversary show of - but the brand is. The company remaining in existence means they can still hold on to the footage of past, which is something they should utilize more the way they did with the video packages to set up the WHC Title Tourney. I like the smaller amount of PPVs because it made me care more as a fan. Lockdown 12 wasn't very meaningful even though it was Garrett taking out Eric and getting him out of there as an on-screen role; a moment that should feel important. However, I was more invested and interested by the Sting vs. A&8s Lethal Lockdown and all the characters involved. The more time between does help these matches feel like a climax of sorts, and they should keep it, but I think that 3 months is too much time, especially if the writing staff aren't using the massive stretch between to make them feel like something special (booking matches 3-5 weeks before the PPV when there was a whole 8+ weeks that could have been used).


    Ses - I have heard of IPW, but never seen any of their work. Do you have any other suggestions to play off of the Impact brand? I also liked Impact Championship Wrestling, but that would run into the same issue since there is already an ICW.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  3. #1973
    Really crowd, a "this is awesome" chant during Cena v Sandow? That was average at best. And Cena did bury Sandow.
    I will never forget you, CBot. You will always be my one true love.

  4. #1974
    Why do we have to pay for Food , why can't Natural stuff be free. Like Fruits and Veggies that grow from momma Earth. I shall now step foot into my local supermarket and eat a apple. If I get apprehended I will begin to constantly yell "You didn't make it"

    MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.27,2011-March.6,2012

    *EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013

    THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

    *BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

    *EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

    SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

    DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

    N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

    CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

  5. #1975
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkkynutzzz View Post
    Why do we have to pay for Food , why can't Natural stuff be free. Like Fruits and Veggies that grow from momma Earth. I shall now step foot into my local supermarket and eat a apple. If I get apprehended I will begin to constantly yell "You didn't make it"
    Because they gotta pay the people to grow it, pick it and keep animals away?
    Also, fertilizer costs.


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  6. #1976
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,258
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkkynutzzz View Post
    Why do we have to pay for Food , why can't Natural stuff be free. Like Fruits and Veggies that grow from momma Earth. I shall now step foot into my local supermarket and eat a apple. If I get apprehended I will begin to constantly yell "You didn't make it"
    Yeah because Apples naturally grow in the Supermarkets don't they.

  7. #1977
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    Because they gotta pay the people to grow it, pick it and keep animals away?
    Also, fertilizer costs.

    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Yeah because Apples naturally grow in the Supermarkets don't they.
    Imagine the mugshot and story that follows, because of course a cop will get assaulted during the arrest lol

    MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.27,2011-March.6,2012

    *EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013

    THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

    *BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

    *EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

    SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

    DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

    N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

    CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

  8. #1978
    Want and ignorance are the bane of mankind.

  9. #1979
    While bret isn't Rock/Flair on the mic iv'e never found him as bad as most.

  10. #1980
    Quote Originally Posted by savage girl View Post
    While bret isn't Rock/Flair on the mic iv'e never found him as bad as most.

    Agreed. He didn't have that one thing that drew you into his promos, but he also never turned you away by them.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.