Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I'm intrigued by the 5 round stipulation for this fight. What does anybody know about that?

I, too, hope Brock has worked on his chin and striking defense. The guy just doesn't seem to take seriously either the likelihood of him getting hit or his ability to absorb punches. That type of arrogance is the biggest threat to Brock
    You make a good point about Brock's arrogance, and it being one of his biggest threats. Brock does learn and never makes the same mistake twice, I think the fight with Cain Velasquez humbled him some. I haven't heard about a five round stipulation and would like some insight as well.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

The Trinity
    Blog Entries
    Auto you spelled my name wrong there's no K at the end

and I'm stoked as well to see me kick Alistair Overeems ass

Quote Originally Posted by broc808 View Post
    Auto you spelled my name wrong there's no K at the end

and I'm stoked as well to see me kick Alistair Overeems ass
    i knew you would say something eventually

I'm in the minority in that I A. think Ubereem's got this and B. don't think Lesnar is really all that.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I'm in the minority in that I A. think Ubereem's got this and B. don't think Lesnar is really all that.
    Either way, this is make or break for Brock. If he loses, I don't see much future for him in MMA. He needs to make it a decisive win, if he can get past Overeem at all.

Dr.Death - not sure if this is the first 5 round non title fight in UFC (?) but that's what I have been reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Either way, this is make or break for Brock. If he loses, I don't see much future for him in MMA. He needs to make it a decisive win, if he can get past Overeem at all.
    It's definitely make or break in terms of proving that he deserves to be in title conversations. If he were to lose, though, I think his marquee value is strong enough that he would still be kept around for special attraction bouts. Wouldn't mind it, either, as I think something like a Lesnar/Big Country fight would be a fuckton of fun.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I also think that, but what do I know I'm biased.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    I also think that, but what do I know I'm biased.
    Well, from what I hear, Lashley is headed back to the wrestling world so at least there is an option open for Brock.

I do however have my hopes up that Brock will surprise us and destroy his opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Cranium View Post
    Well, from what I hear, Lashley is headed back to the wrestling world so at least there is an option open for Brock.

I do however have my hopes up that Brock will surprise us and destroy his opponent.
    I really hope Brock has learnt his lesson after being destroyed by Cain. Brock did catch and rock him though so I'm sure he can still put Overeem away with his raw power. He was humbled when he came back from his lay off and I thought he'd been taught his lesson when he took that pounding off Carwin and somehow in true Frankie Edgar stylee, managed to survive. He seemed really happy and content after he'd managed to win by submission but Cain really brought him down to earth. There was all the stuff that he was apparently ignoring Dana and was in talks with Taker and they tried to work something after the Carwin fight. Obviously that didn't come off but if he does lose, he'll come back to WWE for Mania or SS and work a match as he'd love to do.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''