Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

EPL and UCL squad omissions

Manchester City squad for Champions League:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, Costel Pantilimon, Stuart Taylor.

Defenders: Gael Clichy, Joleon Lescott, Nedum Onuoha, Micah Richards, Aleksandar Kolarov, Vincent Kompany, Kolo Toure, Pablo Zabaleta, Stefan Savic.

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Adam Johnson, James Milner, Nigel De Jong, Samir Nasri, David Silva, Yaya Toure.

Forwards: Sergio Aguero, Edin Dzeko, Carlos Tevez, Mario Balotelli.

No Hargreaves or Wayne Bridge

AC Milan leave out Filipo Inzaghi,what a disgrace!

AC Milan striker Filippo Inzaghi has been omitted from the club's 25-man squad for the Champions League.

The 38-year-old made way for Antonio Nocerino, who was signed on deadline day from Palermo.

Chelsea have not included summer signing Romelu Lukaku in their Champions League squad, according to The Daily Mail.

The Belgian teenager moved to Stamford Bridge from Anderlecht, and the paper reports that he has not been included in Andre Villas-Boas' squad for the competition. The Portuguese boss has had to cut his selection as his side do not have enough 'homegrown' players to make use of a 25-man squad.

Chelsea have apparently only named 22 players in their 'A list' squad as only John Terry counts as being a 'club trained' player, with each team obliged to pick four such players. Youngsters Josh McEachran and Nathaniel Chalobah qualify for the 'B list' and can play.

Michael Essien has also not been included as the Ghanaian is expected to be unavailable for selection for several months after suffering a serious knee injury at the beginning of pre-season training.

Meanwhile, the BBC report that Owen Hargreaves has not made Roberto Mancini's 25-man squad for Manchester City's maiden season in the Champions League.

The Canadian-born midfielder joined City on deadline day on a free transfer after being released by Manchester United at the end of his contract last season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenile Junkie View Post
    Manchester City squad for Champions League:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, Costel Pantilimon, Stuart Taylor.

Defenders: Gael Clichy, Joleon Lescott, Nedum Onuoha, Micah Richards, Aleksandar Kolarov, Vincent Kompany, Kolo Toure, Pablo Zabaleta, Stefan Savic.

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Adam Johnson, James Milner, Nigel De Jong, Samir Nasri, David Silva, Yaya Toure.

Forwards: Sergio Aguero, Edin Dzeko, Carlos Tevez, Mario Balotelli.

No Hargreaves or Wayne Bridge
    >Implying Hardgraves is good enough to get into the squad other than reserves.

Would of liked Wayne in though, ah well. Bloody good squad anyway

Wayne Bridge should leave.And not like Crouch who goes to a mid-table EPL club,but do a Joe Cole and go to a top team in another league!Sometimes I think the English players get caught up in the hype of the EPL and settle for mid-table clubs rather than go to a top team in Spain,Italy,France,Germany etc.

Wayne Bridge should leave.And not like Crouch who goes to a mid-table EPL club,but do a Joe Cole and go to a top team in another league!Sometimes I think the English players get caught up in the hype of the EPL and settle for mid-table clubs rather than go to a top team in Spain,Italy,France,Germany etc.
    Half of that is Bullshit.

English players rarely go abroad because there has been very few success stories of English players in foreign leagues. I mean Beckham is the only one that springs to mind. Owen was mediocre for Madrid, Woodgate well we all know the story, McManamem(cant spell his name) was pure shite for Madrid.

Its alot like the Italian players very few players want to leave there own league and those that do are either World Class or coming to the end of there careers. I mean the only Italian players that spring to mind of doing well out of Italy are Zambrotta and Luca Toni.

Spain looks like its heading that way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Subject Zero View Post
    Half of that is Bullshit.
    what a polite way to begin airing your irrelavent opinion

Maybe they fail because they go into those leagues thinking they are God's Gift to that league.Jermaine Pennant!And maybe the standard of EPL is not as superior as they think it is to Serie A,La Liga,Bundesliga,which it probably isn't

Blog Entries
    Maybe they fail because they go into those leagues thinking they are God's Gift to that league.Jermaine Pennant!And maybe the standard of EPL is not as superior as they think it is to Serie A,La Liga,Bundesliga,which it probably isn't
    EPL is easily better thaan Serie A, there major teams aren't the force they once where. Dunno how good Bundasliga is so can't comment and La Liga is currently a lot better than EPL but only because of there major teams. I still feel that Wigan, Blackburn, Wolves and other current weaker teams could beat the weaker spanish sides.
    Also La Liga only has 2 teams that ever win it now (Having said that Man Utd always win but their days are running shorter as fergy gets older)

Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    I still feel that Wigan, Blackburn, Wolves and other current weaker teams could beat the weaker spanish sides.
    Spain have won 4 out of the last 8 UEFA Cups,with another losing finalist in 2007,with more semi-finalists in that competition than England too.

But that doesn't explain the reason why English players fail overseas,and keep with the topic,all I said was I felt that guys as good as Peter Crouch and wayne Bridge,should go to top European clubs than play for mid-table or relegation clubs Like Stoke and West ham.Joe Cole went to Liile,will play in the UCL,conmpete for trophies,play in big league games,instead of going to Aston Villa and becoming mediocre.

Imagine Peter Crouch at Sevilla who haven't replaced Luis fabiano.Plus Sevilla have Jesus Navas and Diego Perrotti on the wings,2 handy crossers of a football.

Imagine Wayne Bridge at Inter,Cristian Chivu is finished!

I understand,that you need to be wanted first of all,but your agent can send out feelers to those clubs