Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Diva Segments

3 Diva Segments

So last night's RAW featured 3 diva segments... to quote The Miz, "REALLY??!" You know your show is scraping by when you have to insert 3 awful diva segments. However, Tyson Kidd did look funny as I was fast forwarding.

So is your issue at the fact it was Diva segments? I don't see the issue, I mean, okay, they weren't the best but I would sooner watch all three of them again, over watching that match with Los Matadores, Hornswoggle dressed as a Gator' and that damn Bunny Ha!

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

I think it's more a statement on the current state of the WWE. The fact that there used to be 1, if that many, diva segments on a RAW, now 3. My contention for years has been divas are best served as valets or in management positions. I would watch any psycho AJ as a valet or GM segment. I would watch any Vickie Guerrero segment. I just can't stand watching them in the ring. Since Beth Phoenix left (and the fact that they essentially only use Natalya to put talent over), the wrestling divas are a dime a dozen.

I would much rather watch Slater Gator v any random team over a divas match. Why not give those diva TV slots to NXT guys if you have nothing better on the main roster? I hated GLOW back in the day and have never been a fan of women wrestlers. I simply can't get behind their characters and couldn't care less if they won or lost.

Since the "wrestling divas" are a dime a dozen, you choose not to watch two of those dimes in Paige and AJ?

Wrestling fan logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion

The only thing interesting with Divas is AJ vs Paige.
    I don't think adding Alicia Fox is a smart move, but only time will tell.
    Respect the beard !

Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl View Post
    I think it's more a statement on the current state of the WWE. The fact that there used to be 1, if that many, diva segments on a RAW, now 3. My contention for years has been divas are best served as valets or in management positions. I would watch any psycho AJ as a valet or GM segment. I would watch any Vickie Guerrero segment. I just can't stand watching them in the ring. Since Beth Phoenix left (and the fact that they essentially only use Natalya to put talent over), the wrestling divas are a dime a dozen.

I would much rather watch Slater Gator v any random team over a divas match. Why not give those diva TV slots to NXT guys if you have nothing better on the main roster? I hated GLOW back in the day and have never been a fan of women wrestlers. I simply can't get behind their characters and couldn't care less if they won or lost.
    Right, well I personally enjoy seeing the Diva's get some deserved air time. Okay, so there segments might not be the best or as good as the men's but again, I stress that I would rather watch there segments, then the so called Joke/Comedy segments that tend to happen around Hornswoggle and such.

So what does this come down too? Well, personal preference. So I respectfully disagree with your OP in that suggesting that because the Diva's are getting these segments and air time, that there show is "scraping by".

Also on the topic of the NXT guys, if you want to watch them.. Then watch NXT. That's kind of the point. If you are going to start showing your NXT guys on Raw, why should people watch NXT?

As KJ Punk would say.. Wrestling Fan Logic.

IWA:

HWA:

General:

Blog Entries
    I'm going to be this guy huh???

How do you know they were terrible if you were fast forwarding?
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I'm going to be this guy huh???

How do you know they were terrible if you were fast forwarding?
    A+ response

The Brie Bella segment probably got one of the biggest reactions of the night; they are giving it air time because they are finally investing in a Diva's storyline. You would also imagine that when D-Bryan is back they can link it in to another Cena / Bryan feud which produced some great mic work and solid matches last time around.

The AJ Lee / Paige storyline has been going a while and has produced some of the best Diva's matches in a long time, as well as some of the best mic work from Divas.

People bitch when the Diva's aren't featured enough and complain when they are featured "too much" even though it is a 3 hour show now.

Raw is interesting again for the first time in a long time, I'm personally enjoying the variety and quality of matches at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Regal>Cena View Post
    The Brie Bella segment probably got one of the biggest reactions of the night; they are giving it air time because they are finally investing in a Diva's storyline. You would also imagine that when D-Bryan is back they can link it in to another Cena / Bryan feud which produced some great mic work and solid matches last time around.

The AJ Lee / Paige storyline has been going a while and has produced some of the best Diva's matches in a long time, as well as some of the best mic work from Divas.

People bitch when the Diva's aren't featured enough and complain when they are featured "too much" even though it is a 3 hour show now.

Raw is interesting again for the first time in a long time, I'm personally enjoying the variety and quality of matches at the minute.
    Nice post
    Same here! I have no complaints.

IWA:

HWA:

General: