Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Wade Barrett. A good choice or bad choice?

Your thoughts on the "bareknuckle fighter" Wade Barrett.

Thoughts, complaints, issues, how to make him better, etc

I think he has a great future in the WWE.

#REAL!

Blog Entries
    Like. He needs some polish, maybe a few more moves but he can talk and has charisma. He has benefitted from being brought in this way, with Nexus off the back of NXT, rather than simply being elevated to the main roster alá Sheamus or McIntyre. Everytime I see Drew I ask myself, "why should I give a toss about this guy? what has he done to deserve to be noticed?" Drew should JOIN Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Like. He needs some polish, maybe a few more moves but he can talk and has charisma. He has benefitted from being brought in this way, with Nexus off the back of NXT, rather than simply being elevated to the main roster alá Sheamus or McIntyre. Everytime I see Drew I ask myself, "why should I give a toss about this guy? what has he done to deserve to be noticed?" Drew should JOIN Nexus
    I like the ending of this.

Barrett is a powerhouse but I bet in FCW he was more than that. Out of the international stars, Barrett has impressed me the most. He is great on the mic and I like the guy and character.

There are some things to work on but Barrett isn't bad AT ALL!

#REAL!

Blog Entries
    No you are right, he's not bad at the moment but he could stand to be better. The main problem is that with Cena and Barrett in Nexus is a recipe for implosion. You can see that's where they're headed with it. I just hope Barrett doesn't get destroyed and left in SuperCena's wake before being relegated to mid card status. I'd like to see Barrett break away from Nexus - maybe a face Barrett vs heel Cena? I'd buy him as a face too

I really like him, i can see leading WWE in the future.

Blog Entries
    He makes u hate him so much that I love it. Him The Miz Vickie and Cole do such a great job. I just hope Barrett isnt buried after the demise of Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    No you are right, he's not bad at the moment but he could stand to be better. The main problem is that with Cena and Barrett in Nexus is a recipe for implosion. You can see that's where they're headed with it. I just hope Barrett doesn't get destroyed and left in SuperCena's wake before being relegated to mid card status. I'd like to see Barrett break away from Nexus - maybe a face Barrett vs heel Cena? I'd buy him as a face too
    I agree. I don't want this gem of a big guy to be left in the cupboard and gather dust.

#REAL!

He's excellent and a worthy main eventer. He always impressed me on the mic, but at HIAC his match with Cena was outstanding. Ok, he didn't fly around the ring or have many high spots, but the psychology was perfect! As I've said before, I got flashbacks to some classic Bret Hart matches.

Personally, I think Wade Barrett as well as Sheamus are the two best young talents WWE can really do something with as they have the potential, charasma & characteristics to be top guys unlike the rest of the younger talent. I think Wade Barrett will do fine & will get even more better over time. I think him starting a feud with Randy Orton is going to benefit him greatly especially since Orton is one of the better performers in the business. I think Barrett has a bright future especially as a heel. I don't think he will be the face of the WWE at all (Cena's the face for the moment but Orton is clearly going to be handed that title soon) but Barrett will be one of the top guys for sure if WWE uses him correctly.

Barrett is very good with the potential to be great.

The brilliant thing about NXT is that WWE was able to take 7 or 8 guys they thought had potential, put them out there for performance evaluation and for the fans to see, and at the end of the show they knew which ones were over and which ones weren't before they came to the main roster. The standouts were obviously Bryan and Barrett and of the two Bryan is the better worker but Barrett definately better fits the mold of Vince's idea of a WWE Main Eventer. With a bit of polishing I can see him at the top tier for a long time.