SOuth Africa host African Cup Of Nations 2013

Due to some 'minor technicalities' being experienced in that lovely country called Libya,they have been removed as hosts of AFCON 2013,with it now being played in South Africa.I don't want to sound like a guy who finds joy in other peoples misfortune,but

its been ages since we hosted a major sporting event........

hmm,2009,2010,2013,2014,2017.....You can never host too many sporting events........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenile Junkie View Post
    Due to some 'minor technicalities' being experienced in that lovely country called Libya,they have been removed as hosts of AFCON 2013,with it now being played in South Africa.I don't want to sound like a guy who finds joy in other peoples misfortune,but

its been ages since we hosted a major sporting event........

hmm,2009,2010,2013,2014,2017.....You can never host too many sporting events........
    They do have nice stadiums. Now if they would only do something about the 3 world cup hosts.
    (I'm guessing people will be for the 3 hosts but here are my arguements:
    Brazil - All for them hosting, but the BBC did this news report on the areas around certain stadiums and it was terribly hit by poverty, them getting no help whatsoever because Brazil are more focused on the building of stadiums, it was depressing to watch. Also, they're behind already on all stadiums and Sepp Blater made it worse by telling them to hurry up. He's about as popular as he is in England you can guess.
    Russia - Really? 1 of the coldest countries in places on earth? Really? The place with 11 time zones? Really? You picked them over the creators of football itself. You picked them over Portugal/Spain, 2 of the best performing footballing teams in the world. All 3 of these have amazingly great stadiums for the world cup! WTF do russia have?! Really?
    Quarter - This 1 annoyed me more than any. America: 1 of the biggest sporting nations to date, Amazing stadiums, not the best at football but them hosting the world cup again would improve the image of it over there. Australia: Big gun in sports, they know how to put on a good show like olympics 2000 so they would of do brilliant. Quarter: 1 athletics stadium that can hold 15,000 people in it...1 of the hottest countries around, so excluding african countries everyone will burn alive playing football and you hand them the fucking world cup!?)

I completely went off topic...sorry lol Must suck for Libya fans though, sporting cups bring in quite a bit of money like the olympics and I reckon they would of loved that.
    E-fedding
    Van Hooligan X
    4 time World Champion
    Only 2 time dual World Champion
    Won more awards than your best character has had #1 contender matches
    APW co-founder
    Hall of Famer

Most successful wrestler of all time
    1 of the most successful managers of all time
    Member of the greatest faction of all time (The Clique)
    1/2 of the great tag team of all time (The Infection w/Carlos Alberto Ramon)
    The destroyer of EFeds (w/Dennis)

I went to 7 world cup games last year,plus 2 warm up matches,but I can only Imagine how awesome world cup/Euro/Confed games in England,Spain,Italy would be at the grounds like Camp Nou,bernabeu,Wembley,San Siro,Stadio Olympico,Old Trafford,Anfield,Riazor,Etihad Stadium,White Hart Lane,San Paolo,San Nicola,Mestalla,Vicente Calderon,St.James's Park.

I think those 3 countries don't host many tournaments because FIFA and UEFA would be needed to 'run the country' for the duration of the tournament like they would in 2nd and 3rd world countries.

P.S.,much to contrary belief,our(South Africa) summers are not that hot,it seldomly would ever get past the 35 degree mark,Greece in summer can be 45 degrees or so.

Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    They do have nice stadiums. Now if they would only do something about the 3 world cup hosts.
    (I'm guessing people will be for the 3 hosts but here are my arguements:
    Brazil - All for them hosting, but the BBC did this news report on the areas around certain stadiums and it was terribly hit by poverty, them getting no help whatsoever because Brazil are more focused on the building of stadiums, it was depressing to watch. Also, they're behind already on all stadiums and Sepp Blater made it worse by telling them to hurry up. He's about as popular as he is in England you can guess.
    Russia - Really? 1 of the coldest countries in places on earth? Really? The place with 11 time zones? Really? You picked them over the creators of football itself. You picked them over Portugal/Spain, 2 of the best performing footballing teams in the world. All 3 of these have amazingly great stadiums for the world cup! WTF do russia have?! Really?
    Quarter - This 1 annoyed me more than any. America: 1 of the biggest sporting nations to date, Amazing stadiums, not the best at football but them hosting the world cup again would improve the image of it over there. Australia: Big gun in sports, they know how to put on a good show like olympics 2000 so they would of do brilliant. Quarter: 1 athletics stadium that can hold 15,000 people in it...1 of the hottest countries around, so excluding african countries everyone will burn alive playing football and you hand them the fucking world cup!?)

I completely went off topic...sorry lol Must suck for Libya fans though, sporting cups bring in quite a bit of money like the olympics and I reckon they would of loved that.
    I think Brazil will be sorted in time, and the Russian one will not be played in each of those timezones, it's cool bro.

The Qatar one is annoying, as it will a very difficult test on fitness for players.
    TBOZ - Current EWNCW Evolution Champion - 28/05/2013

Former EWNCW World Heavyweight Champion - 06/03/2012 - 04/07/2012

Former 4x WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPION with GodMoney

Want to become that great? Then join EWNCW today! PM me!

Need advice on how to get started as an e-wrestler? Just PM me, I'm always free to chat!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post

no need to be jealous

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardOfZeus View Post
    I think Brazil will be sorted in time, and the Russian one will not be played in each of those timezones, it's cool bro.

The Qatar one is annoying, as it will a very difficult test on fitness for players.
    Last time SkySports showed an update of Euro 2012 Poland and Ukraine didn't look like it would be completed in time, worrying but it should be complete.