1. #41281
    Quote Originally Posted by SESAfro View Post
    It seems me and you are interpreting the same material differently. Banner's a genius. One of the smartest in the world. He knows nuclear physics like the back of his hand. *flips Asher over a desk* d:


    Yup and yup. Captain America can suck it!
    Well I now know you don't like Captain America lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I went with Iron man and Captain america actually... Captain America to me is the best of the avengers... though it didn't come off that way in the movie I think Captain America is the class of the Avengers... Robstar is right, Iron Man is overrated at this point because of the movies... but Hulk is just kind of a bad super hero IMO.

    Thor is a weird super hero to me... He is far too overpowered. Though Loki is one of the greatest super villains of all time.

    Seriously Loki> Thor
    Can't argue that, but I still like Thor .

    E-fed: Jackson "The Boss" Smith- IWA & former ICW superstar
    DJ "The Ladies Man" Williams w/ Rosita-EWNCW
    Devon "Just Damn Good" Jones

  2. #41282
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,767
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Aside from Batman, Spiderman is my favorite super hero for that reason. His flaws make him great. His super powers are not that overwhelming his greatest super power is the ability to know what's coming a la "spidey sense" (with the obvious exceptions of like carnage or someone like that) and that's not that over powering. He's constantly in love which weakens his ability to fight crime and that makes even the villains he should beat quite easily a more credible challenge. Though spiderman movies don't always make for the greatest movies.
    The reason that Batman was always my favorite hero was because he won by being flat out fucking smarter than everyone else. Tony Stark had the "Rich guy as a superpower" thing as well, but his approach was more "Kick down the door, guns (Hand Cannons) blazing"
    Batman scared the living fuck out of criminals, and tricked them into disabling themselves. By all rights he should have been the greatest fucking villain ever, but instead he was the hero.


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  3. #41283
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,395
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    The reason that Batman was always my favorite hero was because he won by being flat out fucking smarter than everyone else. Tony Stark had the "Rich guy as a superpower" thing as well, but his approach was more "Kick down the door, guns (Hand Cannons) blazing"
    Batman scared the living fuck out of criminals, and tricked them into disabling themselves. By all rights he should have been the greatest fucking villain ever, but instead he was the hero.
    Batman would be an incredible villain and he should have been if the league of shadows would have had their way... haha (I know comics are fake I was just making a reference before someone takes that comment too seriously). I do think there is something more appealing about a super hero who doesn't per say have powers but instead relies solely on wit and gadgets in order to defeat the greatest of villains.
    #TeamGeeky


  4. #41284
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    The reason that Batman was always my favorite hero was because he won by being flat out fucking smarter than everyone else. Tony Stark had the "Rich guy as a superpower" thing as well, but his approach was more "Kick down the door, guns (Hand Cannons) blazing"
    Batman scared the living fuck out of criminals, and tricked them into disabling themselves. By all rights he should have been the greatest fucking villain ever, but instead he was the hero.
    Don't forget being even more ruthlessly driven than any foe he ever came up against. His drive, his willingness to sacrifice himself when offset by the fact of his humanity and fallibility made him the best superhero ever to me. Also, that he never seemed anywhere near as interested in being Bruce Wayne as he was Batman. These other guys struggled to come to terms with their hero side and longed to be normal but Batman seemed to be the opposite of that.


  5. #41285
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,767
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Don't forget being even more ruthlessly driven than any foe he ever came up against. His drive, his willingness to sacrifice himself when offset by the fact of his humanity and fallibility made him the best superhero ever to me. Also, that he never seemed anywhere near as interested in being Bruce Wayne as he was Batman. These other guys struggled to come to terms with their hero side and longed to be normal but Batman seemed to be the opposite of that.
    Totally, The only reason I think he maintained the fiction of Bruce Wayne at all, (Which in his case it was a total fiction) was just because he needed access to the resources of WayneCorp. Sure every now and then his dick lead him into trouble, but who hasn't had that problem?


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  6. #41286
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    Totally, The only reason I think he maintained the fiction of Bruce Wayne at all, (Which in his case it was a total fiction) was just because he needed access to the resources of WayneCorp. Sure every now and then his dick lead him into trouble, but who hasn't had that problem?
    Amen brother! You're preaching to the choir!


  7. #41287
    Deadpool > Batman



  8. #41288

  9. #41289
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,395
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve's Right Peg of Doom View Post
    That's a pretty awesome photo! Even the reason he's the batman is pretty awesome. Great story telling having his gimmick be his greatest fear.
    #TeamGeeky


  10. #41290
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by SESAfro View Post
    Deadpool > Batman

    Yeah, all you have here - as with so many - is just comic creators upping the ante. When you have the ability to look at something that already exists and one, two, three-up it, it becomes very wan. It's like a bunch of bullshitters sitting around and going "Oh yeah? You think that was bad? Well this is what happened to me......." It's hardly a challenge to make up bigger and badder stuff, and after the fact counts less.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.