Thread: #FreeBodom

Blog Entries
    Fair points wade, I don't understand it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Hey Donny, let me introduce you to the concept of expanding your discussion. It was quite clear the angle I was taking - I thought. Your inexplicable adherence to the original line of debate baffles me, quite frankly. I was expressing my own judgement about certain things and because somehow it doesn't fall within your invisible discussion guidelines, I can't do that? Should I seek your input on any future matters before commenting?
    I don't understand this comment. I said I agreed with you... I thought you meant it as an attack on my comment, so I said I agree with you but my points still valid... and now your acting like I kicked your dog lol... I am sorry if I angered you but all I was saying is both our points had merit that were completely independent of each other. When I said our arguments don't clash that means I just am saying we can both be right and IMO we both are correct.
    #BeJelly

The first time I played a death match in Duke Nukem with a 64k modem I thought video games had reached their pinnacle. I think a modern grumpy old man thread would be fun.

The other day I was listening to a way back wednesday on the radio and they were playing 80's hairband music.

Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    Pretty much
    it was really bad when we first moved to austin and I had to deal with a nephew and niece. Every time those brats bitched about a download from XBLA not being instant, or a bit of lag when waiting for a match I wanted to yell at them that they were damned lucky cause when I wanted to play video games with my friends, we had to go to them
    All of my younger cousins look at me weird when I tell them I have a carrying case for my Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Go to hell.

Blog Entries
    See this Dennis?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    In my opinion any argument that attacks an entire generations intellect with no real qualifiers to do so is very hyperbolic at best. .
    in·tel·lect

noun \ˈin-tə-ˌlekt\

Definition of INTELLECT

a : the power of knowing as distinguished from the power to feel and to will : the capacity for knowledge
    b : the capacity for rational or intelligent thought especially when highly developed

So, your use of the word "intellect" in no way defines your approach to what turns out was based around the having of intelligence, rather than the capacity to possess such a thing. Just by having the ability to do or be something doesn't make it an automatic inheritance.
    Not to mention, the second half of this wildly optimistic sentence makes the claim that your generation shouldn't be judged from their actions - which is a reflection of their intelligence, is it not?

I see correlation there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kicked View Post
    The first time I played a death match in Duke Nukem with a 64k modem I thought video games had reached their pinnacle. I think a modern grumpy old man thread would be fun.

The other day I was listening to a way back wednesday on the radio and they were playing 80's hairband music.
    I don't need the radio to hear that!

I don't follow the appeal of on line gaming, being abused by mentally challenged 13 year olds doesn't appeal. For me being there with your mates is a huge part of the fun.

Some of my greatest laughs as a lad was going to my mates or my mates coming over and playing Micro Machines 4 player on the Mega Drive (with the two extra pad ports built into the cartridge, genius! )

I guess I'm old fashioned in that I actually prefer to be in the company of others to have fun, not interacting with them through a fibre optic cable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    I don't follow the appeal of on line gaming, being abused by mentally challenged 13 year olds doesn't appeal. For me being there with your mates is a huge part of the fun.

Some of my greatest laughs as a lad was going to my mates or my mates coming over and playing Micro Machines 4 player on the Mega Drive (with the two extra pad ports built into the cartridge, genius! )

I guess I'm old fashioned in that I actually prefer to be in the company of others to have fun, not interacting with them through a fibre optic cable.
    I didn't like online gaming until Mass Effect 3
    but then most of the people I see there are around my age, so it works out.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post

What the fook is a mega drive?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    See this Dennis?

in·tel·lect

noun \ˈin-tə-ˌlekt\

Definition of INTELLECT

a : the power of knowing as distinguished from the power to feel and to will : the capacity for knowledge
    b : the capacity for rational or intelligent thought especially when highly developed

So, your use of the word "intellect" in no way defines your approach to what turns out was based around the having of intelligence, rather than the capacity to possess such a thing. Just by having the ability to do or be something doesn't make it an automatic inheritance.
    Not to mention, the second half of this wildly optimistic sentence makes the claim that your generation shouldn't be judged from their actions - which is a reflection of their intelligence, is it not?

I see correlation there.
    Intellect is often defined in many ways... I meant it as someones intelligence... I can give you a counter definition like "mental powers of a particular person" but I think you know what I was arguing in the first place. If you want to believe that kids are less mature than before I don't really know how you can fairly judge that but I have no real need to argue that.
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    What the fook is a mega drive?
    It was Genesis on your side of the pond.