1. #35581
    I'm here to return a Dennis!
     

  2. #35582
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Yo, DRG.

    You should compile a list of some Jim Cornette quotes especially from his shoots.

    No shit... But his quotes are usually paragraphs and people get onto me for being lengthy in my posts as is, hence why I went to using SO MANY GIFS in the first place.


    Did you read the Heenan quotes in the Memorable Quotes thread? I loved the one about Tito Santana - "He's like a cue ball; the more you beat him, the more english you get out of him."


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  3. #35583
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,493
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I hate to break it to you but that's exactly how you come across! Thus far you have defended everything she's ever done and admitted you are a mark for her. How is that not doing that? Standing up for her work, as you put it makes you either blinded by affection for her or just not a very good judge of movies, sorry to say.

    And liking certain things to give in evidence about your prevailing attitudes doesn't mean you aren't one to tow the popular line about other things. I would argue that you don't like these things necessarily in spite of what those around you like more than you are inspired by the validation you receive from outward sources, namely the critics, who do love them a bit of Florence and Emma Stone, don't they? I put it to you that the appeal of such things is just as much you genuinely liking them as there is something you can point to and say to others "Well, Rolling Stone likes it!"
    I don't listen to critics when it comes to music. They are wrong more times than not IMO. I like Florence because I like the dark feel in her music. If rolling stones likes her that's good, I could care less though.

    You fail to just see the fact that people can just like movies because it's their types of movies. People love supertrooper and this is 40 because they like them... not because critics or other people like those movies. ( I hate both of those movies) I like many of emma stone movies because I like the topics of those movies. My favorite book is touches on similar topics as The help, and I like Easy A because it's fun. Part of the reason I like Emma Stones movies is because I like the topics of said movies.
    #BeJelly


  4. #35584
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I don't listen to critics when it comes to music. They are wrong more times than not IMO. I like Florence because I like the dark feel in her music. If rolling stones likes her that's good, I could care less though.

    You fail to just see the fact that people can just like movies because it's their types of movies. People love supertrooper and this is 40 because they like them... not because critics or other people like those movies. ( I hate both of those movies) I like many of emma stone movies because I like the topics of those movies. My favorite book is touches on similar topics as The help, and I like Easy A because it's fun. Part of the reason I like Emma Stones movies is because I like the topics of said movies.

    So you say that you care less about critics because they are wrong, yet you used what the critics said to justify Emma's performance in a movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I would defend any actor in that movie. The critics said it had more to do with the writing.. or at least the reviews that I read. I defend the genders equally... if I like the persons work I defend them, if I don't like their work I don't.

    Wow, Denny...


    Edit - Just so you know, I am only pointing this out because of that last line of defense. It's not because "it's your type of movie" that you defend it. It's because you like Emma Stone as an actress that you defend it. There is nothing wrong with that, but at least admit to it man...


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  5. #35585
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,493
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    So you say that you care less about critics because they are wrong, yet you used what the critics said to justify Emma's performance in a movie?




    Wow, Denny...
    Movie critics and Music critics are not the same... I tend to agree with movie critics more. Music critics don't like incubus but I love that band. My favorite movie is the dark knight... a movie that received 100/100 by ebert.
    #BeJelly


  6. #35586
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Movie critics and Music critics are not the same... I tend to agree with movie critics more. Music critics don't like incubus but I love that band. My favorite movie is the dark knight... a movie that received 100/100 by ebert.
    Critics, be it movies, music, or food, are all the same brother. They take their particular tastes and distastes and then rate things based on what they like. Not what you might like. Just because you agree more with movie critics than those who don't like Incubus doesn't mean that they are more right or wrong than the next person. They are all the same, buddy.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  7. #35587
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,686
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Movie critics and Music critics are not the same... I tend to agree with movie critics more. Music critics don't like incubus but I love that band. My favorite movie is the dark knight... a movie that received 100/100 by ebert.
    You can't really negate the universal components of a critic's job because of your OWN preference of agreement. The industry they happen to work in makes no difference. A critic is still a critic.


  8. #35588
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,493
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Critics, be it movies, music, or food, are all the same brother. They take their particular tastes and distastes and then rate things based on what they like. Not what you might like. Just because you agree more with movie critics than those who don't like Incubus doesn't mean that they are more right or wrong than the next person. They are all the same, buddy.
    Fair point. I just think music is more subjective than movies. If you play me an epic country song, I think I would probably still dislike it... That's just because it's not my taste.
    #BeJelly


  9. #35589

  10. #35590
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Fair point. I just think music is more subjective than movies. If you play me an epic country song, I think I would probably still dislike it... That's just because it's not my taste.

    ART is subjective. Be it film, music, or a 3 year olds finger painting. You only appreciate it as much as it causes an effect on your emotions. Movies are just the same - It's why a movie like The Great Raid would be thought of highly for me because my grandfather was an Army Ranger so I have an appreciation for the Rangers that were involved in the extraction of the POWs. Idiocracy is one of my favorite comedies because I can relate to the idea of the world becoming dumber due to the limitations of only 160 character messages. Why a film like Shawshank will always be in my top 3 films because the story as a whole was one of the best told on the screen - FOR ME. It's always subjective, Denny.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.