Blog Entries
    I think this might be Kanye....

Blog Entries
    Is it just me or does DDP look like he's has massive facial reconstructive surgery or what?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I think this might be Kanye....

haha that's obviously Kanye.
    #TeamGeeky

The fact that the guy is a complete and utter tool totally cancels out whatever he's bringing to the table as an "artist". I won't use the term 'musician' as I am not aware if he has any actual musical pedigree or is just fluent with an autotuner and a keyboard.
    For the record: he didn't start playing with Auto-tune until 808s & Heartbreaks. Dude already had three EXCELLENT albums under his belt by that point. And I say this as someone who isn't even a fan.

The way I look at it: If Trent Reznor can be celebrated for being gifted at production, I see no real reason why the same can't apply to Kanye.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    For the record: he didn't start playing with Auto-tune until 808s & Heartbreaks. Dude already had three EXCELLENT albums under his belt by that point. And I say this as someone who isn't even a fan.

The way I look at it: If Trent Reznor can be celebrated for being gifted at production, I see no real reason why the same can't apply to Kanye.
    And after 808 & Heartbreaks, his following album topped everything he had done before.

Blog Entries

Which is why I distanced myself from any absolute statement as to the question of his musicianship as opposed to being artistically creative by saying I wasn't aware if he had any actual instrumental talent - what I think deserves the title "musician" over "artist" or "producer" or "arranger" or what have you, which is more of what I was getting at. I certainly wouldn't consider Reznor among the greatest musicians of all time either. But I do concede that in that realm of production wizardry that it is a remarkable talent of it's own. And admittedly I am hardly a connoisseur of Kanye's genre and to me it all sounds quite same-ish and generic so that's the reason I initially took exception to the term "musical genius" being applied to him. Plus he really does seem like quite a brat. So, I tend to marry the two spectrums of dislike together.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    And after 808 & Heartbreaks, his following album topped everything he had done before.
    It's an interesting listen, for sure. But I can't say as that I particularly liked it.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Which is why I distanced myself from any absolute statement as to the question of his musicianship as opposed to being artistically creative by saying I wasn't aware if he had any actual instrumental talent - what I think deserves the title "musician" over "artist" or "producer" or "arranger" or what have you, which is more of what I was getting at. I certainly wouldn't consider Reznor among the greatest musicians of all time either. But I do concede that in that realm of production wizardry that it is a remarkable talent of it's own. And admittedly I am hardly a connoisseur of Kanye's genre and to me it all sounds quite same-ish and generic so that's the reason I initially took exception to the term "musical genius" being applied to him. Plus he really does seem like quite a brat. So, I tend to marry the two spectrums of dislike together.
    His douchiness is only topped by that of The Biebs, methinks.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    His douchiness is only topped by that of The Biebs, methinks.
    It's funny, as I was writing that all I could think of in comparison was Biebs. Then I was thinking, 'no, no, Rob you've already dissed Kanye enough - let's not go that far!!' But that was just behaviour-wise, even I know Kanye is more talented than JB.

Kanye's also really good live, whereas Biebs does the Milli Vanilli thing. That's got to count for something.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9