Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jelle1809 View Post
    Is it always gonna be the same way? Like Charlie gets laid again, Alan has a problem with it and Jake is as dumb as a rock?
    Ding ding ding

I thought Two And A Half Men with Sheen was bad, but somehow the episodes with Kutcher are infinitely worse. How they pulled that feat off I have no idea. It's almost impressive, in a really awful way.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I thought Two And A Half Men with Sheen was bad, but somehow the episodes with Kutcher are infinitely worse. How they pulled that feat off I have no idea. It's almost impressive, in a really awful way.
    The Sharknado of television shows.

Blog Entries
    Kutcher needs to give comedy a rest for a while. He's coming off as very much a one trick pony with it. I fear his one dimension might be too thorough for him to break out of - like Sheen - being seen as playing anything but a version of himself. The Jobs movie will be the real test but from what I've seen, I'm watching Ashton Kutcher, not Steve Jobs. It's no "Pirates Of Silicon Valley" it would seem

Quote Originally Posted by SESAfro View Post
    The Sharknado of television shows.
    No, Sharknado was non-stop funny (for the wrong reasons), Two and A Half men has it's moments, but it's no Sharknado

Blog Entries
    I have to say i thought they made the wrong call when they got him to play a socially awkward billionaire that bangs chicks instead like a younger version of the Charlie Sheen character. It's uninspiring I know but it's what would have worked for the show I reckon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I have to say i thought they made the wrong call when they got him to play a socially awkward billionaire that bangs chicks instead like a younger version of the Charlie Sheen character. It's uninspiring I know but it's what would have worked for the show I reckon.
    To repeat the formula on every level would have clearly been a disastrous mistake. What I could have handled would have been Ashton as a younger version of Charlie who had somehow found a time machine. Or something.

Actually, they should have changed the setting of the show, got out of that house, done something different - been more creative about it. Instead we got this half assed story about Walden.....

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Kutcher needs to give comedy a rest for a while. He's coming off as very much a one trick pony with it. I fear his one dimension might be too thorough for him to break out of - like Sheen - being seen as playing anything but a version of himself. The Jobs movie will be the real test but from what I've seen, I'm watching Ashton Kutcher, not Steve Jobs. It's no "Pirates Of Silicon Valley" it would seem
    Yeah, that Jobs movie looks terrible because it all hinges on the guy playing the titular character, and beyond looking somewhat like Steve, Kutcher is quite obviously completely wrong for the, well, job. I've seen him try to spread his wings in dramatic stuff, and dude just doesn't have it.

He's apparently quite sharp with tech investments in real life, and part of me is hoping that he just transitions to that full time. A good actor he is not.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    To repeat the formula on every level would have clearly been a disastrous mistake. What I could have handled would have been Ashton as a younger version of Charlie who had somehow found a time machine. Or something.

Actually, they should have changed the setting of the show, got out of that house, done something different - been more creative about it. Instead we got this half assed story about Walden.....
    I would have just bumped Ryan Stiles- who's really the only good thing about the show- up to lead and devised a scenario where him and Alan live together and deal with having the same monster for an ex-wife.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    I would have just bumped Ryan Stiles- who's really the only good thing about the show- up to lead and devised a scenario where him and Alan live together and deal with having the same monster for an ex-wife.
    Now that's a show I would watch the shit out of.