Page 4068 of 4826 FirstFirst ... 30683568396840184058406640674068406940704078411841684568 ... LastLast
Results 40,671 to 40,680 of 48260
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I don't know if I have a "debaters mentality" I just think I am willing to argue if necessary. I understand on a public forum that anything I post can be up for ridicule and I'm ok with that. If you disagree with me on an issue I will argue it with you especially if I stated my opinion first and you put out a point of contention. I can talk to my friends about their ideas like you are saying you do with your wife. I just tend not to display my feelings so deeply because I make very harsh points on certain issues. What are your views on aliens?

I think most members know now that I can post more than ten characters. haha

If a lot of people have told you that not everything has to be a debate, maybe you come across as seeking a debate rather than a conversation...

And belief in aliens; I'll say this. I have seen shit in the night sky that I cannot explain. I won't say that they exist, but I can't say that there's not a bunch of shit that happens that I cannot find rational explanations for.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    If a lot of people have told you that not everything has to be a debate, maybe you come across as seeking a debate rather than a conversation...

And belief in aliens; I'll say this. I have seen shit in the night sky that I cannot explain. I won't say that they exist, but I can't say
    that there's not a bunch of shit that happens that I cannot find rational explanations for.
    Fair point on the debate thing. That's why I avoid conflict on this site for the most part. I'll speak my mind if it needs to be said... but If it isn't a cbot regular I won't argue with them most likely.

I read a report on BBC a while back that said every star has at least one planet revolving around it... in essence every star is a sun... if every star is a sun it would be very naive to think that alien life is impossible.
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

I read a report on BBC a while back that said every star has at least one planet revolving around it... in essence every star is a sun... if every star is a sun it would be very naive to think that alien life is impossible.

I wouldn't say "in essence" as a "star" is any large, self luminous heavenly body, such as the sun. That's why most in astronomy refer in the simplistic terms of "when you think of a star, think of our own sun" for commoners, but you are right, it is subject to interpretation. And yes, if you look at the night sky (especially when driving in Texas, 120 miles from the closest city) and see just how many stars there are, from a "commoners" perspective, that's a hell of a lot of suns which have the possibility of having planets orbiting them.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't say "in essence" as a "star" is any large, self luminous heavenly body, such as the sun. That's why most in astronomy refer in the simplistic terms of "when you think of a star, think of our own sun" for commoners, but you are right, it is subject to interpretation. And yes, if you look at the night sky (especially when driving in Texas, 120 miles from the closest city) and see just how many stars there are, from a "commoners" perspective, that's a hell of a lot of suns which have the possibility of having planets orbiting them.
    Plus we can't see plenty of those stars. I think the thought of believing there are aliens as being out of the norm is gone. I might be wrong in assuming that... but I think it's a hard thing to imagine.

#temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

Plus we can't see plenty of those stars. I think the thought of believing there are aliens as being out of the norm is gone. I might be wrong in assuming that... but I think it's a hard thing to imagine.

If that were the case then we wouldn't have people asking for their identities to be concealed when their video is being shown on a show like Fact or Faked: Beyond Belief. It is more accepted, but I wouldn’t say it is an embraced truth or reality as without proof, it is still science fiction.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    If that were the case then we wouldn't have people asking for their identities to be concealed when their video is being shown on a show like Fact or Faked: Beyond Belief. It is more accepted, but I wouldn’t say it is an embraced truth or reality as without proof, it is still science fiction.
    I don't know if you could call it science fiction. Probability would suggest that the chances that there isn't another "life form" is infinitesimally small. Breaking down all the possible scenarios I mean.

I don't know if you could call it science fiction. Probability would suggest that the chances that there isn't another "life form" is infinitesimally small. Breaking down all the possible scenarios I mean.

Without documented evidence, it's science fiction. Who accepts what as "evidence" is up for grabs, but it's still science fiction from my stand point. The probability of humans evolving into a fish hybrid would make sense if we all supposedly evolved from some primordial ooze, but without a record in the fossil genealogy to confirm it, mermaids are still classified more as "science fiction" as opposed to "probable life form", even if there have been sailors who have written about said creature.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Without documented evidence, it's science fiction. Who accepts what as "evidence" is up for grabs, but it's still science fiction from my stand point. The probability of humans evolving into a fish hybrid would make sense if we all supposedly evolved from some primordial ooze, but without a record in the fossil genealogy to confirm it, mermaids are still classified more as "science fiction" as opposed to "probable life form", even if there have been sailors who have written about said creature.
    I'm ok with the assertion of it being "Science Fiction". I am just stating that it's a very probable science fiction notion. As you said though, even if there was proof many wouldn't accept it. Also I could ask with that assertion what would that say about religion? Does it have to be provable not to be "science fiction"? I'm not trying to piss anyone off I'm just trying to gauge your scale.

I'm ok with the assertion of it being "Science Fiction". I am just stating that it's a very probable science fiction notion. As you said though, even if there was proof many wouldn't accept it. Also I could ask with that assertion what would that say about religion? Does it have to be provable not to be "science fiction"? I'm not trying to piss anyone off I'm just trying to gauge your scale.

That goes back to my point Den Den. Who determines something to be "evidence" is a personal truth. Some would claim that Area 51 and Roswell are "evidence" where as I see it as conspiracy. Now what I have seen personally is enough "evidence" for me to at least be open to the thought but isn't solid enough for me to declare my stand. There are many who claim that there is something hiding behind the sun, the Zombie Apocalypse will happen in 2020, Planet X will wipe us out, that the Mayans were right – all of whom have some “evidence” that has/had them in full belief that what was said is 100% accurate.

With spirituality, what I have experienced in my life, what has personally affected me (along with the confirmation of stories in the King James Translation of the Bible being in other ancient texts) is enough "proof" for me to confirm it as fact. That's the thing when a logical person makes it out of a situation that, logically, should have killed them. Numbers can be crunched and odds can be placed but when you are in the 100 million to 1 odd that this specific event saved your life micro seconds after another 100 million to 1 odd event occurred only to have you survive... Logically, those two numbers alone are too great for me to deny, let alone the other events that occurred in a 45 second span, that there is not something that helped me to beat indefinite odds whereas a person with better chances loses on a minute by minute basis. I honestly doubt the universe thinks that I am that special. That's why I claim Spirituality to be something that is God given where are Religion is a man-made item, more often used to "argue" who is right rather than further spread the messages contained inside the Bible.

I can't MAKE you see my personal truth behind my spirituality because you can't step into my skin, see what happened in my memory, hear the police officers talking as if you shouldn't be able to, listen to the doctor tell you that you shouldn't be alive. You can only hear my stories and try to empathize. I can try to empathize with someone like Poot who has been through what he has been through but in no way will I ever know what he experienced as I will never have those memories be my reality the way he had.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    OMG! OMG! OOOOOOH MAAAAAAAH GAAAAAAAAAWD!

Randys new theme has been leaked! <3

Major improvement!