That's not Stone Cold! It's Stone Cold E.T.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    Like professional wrestling. I hate how people look down on wrestling fans. They look at you as if to say "But...you're an adult! How can you still like wrestling?"

I honestly believe that I would receive a warmer recpetion if I introduced myself with the words "Hi, my name's Benny, and in my spare time I molest children."
    Yea, I think this is sadly pretty true haha... Especially if you say you like today's product. Wrestling isn't that weird... I don't quite understand why people hate on it so much. I blame AJ Lee. hahahhah
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Saw this on a friends email and decided to put it here cause I like it.

There is only one good: Knowledge, and one evil: Ignorance.
    Seems a powerful statement to make, I mean I know the obvious argument "Nuh uhh, murder is pretty evil too" but of course this seems to be presupposing the idea of traditional morality to the point where that statement is as retarded as I attempted to make it appear. For scientists, at least the ones who spend all day making new discoveries, part of me is certain that this has to be their credos or code of ethics for lack of a better term, as without it what progress can be made?

Science is a history of doing horrible things in order to try and make the world a better place. In that world, what other morality applies?

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    Saw this on a friends email and decided to put it here cause I like it.

Seems a powerful statement to make, I mean I know the obvious argument "Nuh uhh, murder is pretty evil too" but of course this seems to be presupposing the idea of traditional morality to the point where that statement is as retarded as I attempted to make it appear. For scientists, at least the ones who spend all day making new discoveries, part of me is certain that this has to be their credos or code of ethics for lack of a better term, as without it what progress can be made?

Science is a history of doing horrible things in order to try and make the world a better place. In that world, what other morality applies?
    Your logic kind of crumbles when you think about it in a different way. I like to take logic to the extremes to test their validity, sometimes too extreme but see if you follow where I'm going. Evil is typically defined by morality loosely. A la Hitler is evil because he committed mass Genocide. Was Hitler a smart man though, well of course he was. Does that make him any less evil... no because he broke several rules of Morality that are pretty much universal. Morality tends to be subjective person to person, but for the most part murder is frowned down upon unless it's necessary.

Also I thought what would be the most ignorant a person could get and the answer is simple... A baby, which tends to be viewed as the most innocent of human beings as well. They know little to nothing about the world and that's ok because they will learn and become more intelligent like the rest of us. Science doing evil things to make the world better shouldn't be justified. Just like religious people doing terrible things in the name of a god shouldn't be justified. There is a fine line between right and wrong, and a thirst for knowledge is never enough to justify a immoral act. Think about it this way, What do you think a christian pastor would say if I walked up to him and said I had sex because I wondered what it was like? I bet his face would be mightily disapproving... thought I'm not a christian so I don't really care, but you get the point.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Your logic kind of crumbles when you think about it in a different way. I like to take logic to the extremes to test their validity, sometimes too extreme but see if you follow where I'm going. Evil is typically defined by morality loosely. A la Hitler is evil because he committed mass Genocide. Was Hitler a smart man though, well of course he was. Does that make him any less evil... no because he broke several rules of Morality that are pretty much universal. Morality tends to be subjective person to person, but for the most part murder is frowned down upon unless it's necessary.

Also I thought what would be the most ignorant a person could get and the answer is simple... A baby, which tends to be viewed as the most innocent of human beings as well. They know little to nothing about the world and that's ok because they will learn and become more intelligent like the rest of us. Science doing evil things to make the world better shouldn't be justified. Just like religious people doing terrible things in the name of a god shouldn't be justified. There is a fine line between right and wrong, and a thirst for knowledge is never enough to justify a immoral act. Think about it this way, What do you think a christian pastor would say if I walked up to him and said I had sex because I wondered what it was like? I bet his face would be mightily disapproving... thought I'm not a christian so I don't really care, but you get the point.
    No, as a matter of fact, I do not get your point. for a couple of reasons.

First, if you had sex because you wondered what it felt like, good for you, not sure how that falls into the discussion, except to try and paint another filter on, which you immediately take back out. However it does kind of point out the flaw in any real sense of morality, in that it is so different.

Also, and here comes the nasty part. there are people who believe that Hitler was morally justified (I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE) That puts and entirely different spin on it, though I understand your knee-jerk reaction to point to the most extreme case of "evil" you can think of. Of course when the British were exterminating african tribesmen, or when 2/3rds of the "civilised world" ran on slave power those actions were justified at the time by popular opinion, much like Hitlers actions were in Germany at the time.

That brings me to something a little to the side, but from my heritage it's always come up.

According to my family history, there were a great deal of people living in Germany that did not know anything about Hitler going after the jews. They only saw the face he presented. that being of the economic savior of the people, who overthrew a corrupt government and helped Germany recover after unfair sanctions pressed onto them. These people supported him politically during his rise to power, with no idea where it would ultimately lead.

Are those people as evil as those who knew better?

What if I told you there were people within the Nazi party that had no idea what he was going to do, supporting him merely on the premise of the economic reform (which he delivered on)

Were those people evil?

What about after Mein Kampf, the book that laid out all of his plans, and his psychotic theories was released. Were they evil then?

I interviewed Vince McMahon today.

Played that game Tomsta, not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve's Right Peg of Doom View Post
    I interviewed Vince McMahon today.
    Seriously? Freaking amazing!

Had an argument with my music school teacher today.

She asked me, who I think to be one of the greatest artists of all time? I answered 'I think I'd say Johnny Cash.' She asked why, so I told: 'because of the special sound in his voice, his songwriting and the way he performed his songs and shows'.

She then told me she disagreed. She doesn't consider Cash an artist because Country ain't music... WTF?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jelle1809 View Post
    Had an argument with my music school teacher today.

She asked me, who I think to be one of the greatest artists of all time? I answered 'I think I'd say Johnny Cash.' She asked why, so I told: 'because of the special sound in his voice, his songwriting and the way he performed his songs and shows'.

She then told me she disagreed. She doesn't consider Cash an artist because Country ain't music... WTF?
    Thus proving that a college degree is not proof against being a fucking moron.

Country (disregarding country pop ala' Taylor Swift) is one of the last true sounds in the music industry. It's rough, lyrically adoring, and has not sold its soul yet to fast cash and shitty lyrics. So I would have to say that this Teacher does not know much of anything about music. It just sounds like she is shooting it down just because she does not fancy some good foot tappin' music. Haha~
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs