Blog Entries
    Yeah I definitely think it's the 'reply with a smart comment' mentality we all have. =D

Black Ninja!
    I blame rob. He's a cockhead.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I blame - surprise, surprise - the efeds. Not blame so much as attribute responsibility to. Here's why; it takes real brains and guts to post on real topics and put your opinions out there to be possibly taken issue with. The people that are still posting and making new threads do so in spite of that and since a thicker skin is needed to be able to take on criticisms, we have seen the rise of a new breed of borderline troll posters, like the ones who push their vlogs.

A poster can hide in the efeds; one of the benefits of that section is that there are no wrong answers - it's posting for dummies. I mean that in the nicest possible way but come on, when you are ICing it up, you've got that distance between what you're doing and reality. And since it's such an insular community, there's a spirit of "protect your own" which is admirable and yet also borderline cultish. Safety in numbers and away from prying eyes.

So, in between all this ICing, there is a fair amount of tidbits of conversations to break up the monotony. That removes the need to come elsewhere on the site to shoot the shit, because some (or a lot) already have a place where they do that. Most of the traffic we experience is efeds. This site has become an efed site with forums attached on the side. But that's cool, it's evolution baby. You either get with it or get run over by it.

There's also the fact that the IWC is hyper critical of any opinion not their own.
    I have never really thought about it like that but as a member of the efeds I can say I see some validity to what you are saying. I know several members who actively avoid this thread and others like it. I mean it is a much tougher to put your opinions out on a public forum than to hide behind an admitted created facade. To be honest though I think it's slightly more fun to put your opinions out there in a manner like I'm doing right now. Sure, some will disagree with me and if they feel like it they will comment and we can discuss where we disagree... But if we agree we can further discuss that as well. It just seems to be more fun to me... Don't get me wrong it's fun to efed, I just don't understand why you would avoid discussing other things as well.
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    I blame - surprise, surprise - the efeds. Not blame so much as attribute responsibility to. Here's why; it takes real brains and guts to post on real topics and put your opinions out there to be possibly taken issue with. The people that are still posting and making new threads do so in spite of that and since a thicker skin is needed to be able to take on criticisms, we have seen the rise of a new breed of borderline troll posters, like the ones who push their vlogs.

A poster can hide in the efeds; one of the benefits of that section is that there are no wrong answers - it's posting for dummies. I mean that in the nicest possible way but come on, when you are ICing it up, you've got that distance between what you're doing and reality. And since it's such an insular community, there's a spirit of "protect your own" which is admirable and yet also borderline cultish. Safety in numbers and away from prying eyes.

So, in between all this ICing, there is a fair amount of tidbits of conversations to break up the monotony. That removes the need to come elsewhere on the site to shoot the shit, because some (or a lot) already have a place where they do that. Most of the traffic we experience is efeds. This site has become an efed site with forums attached on the side. But that's cool, it's evolution baby. You either get with it or get run over by it.

There's also the fact that the IWC is hyper critical of any opinion not their own.
    It's hardly the EFeds that have killed this thread bro. They've been struggling as it is and only recently all 3 EFeds have done massive changes or updates to get themselves back on track.

The reason this thread isn't as active is because a lot of certain posters have either stopped posting as frequent and some of the lesser frequent posters have just stopped and I'm included in it. Small percentages add up. Plus this place always had the odd post that could fuel pages worth of discussion or even just posting something you've found on the internet (Like my Bob Ross song for example.)

With these reasons happening and no-one even bringing anything new up it shouldn't come to a surprise since EWN hasn't had a proper new person who posts everywhere in a long time.

I really fail to see how IC'ing in EWNCW or IWA about how your going to retain a title is killing discussions about Gangdam Style, what we think to WrestleMania and other misc stuff that pops up very randomly.

Put it like this...

The football banter thread. Never died, never will and damn near always been active. Why? Well it's literally no different from this thread except every now and again the regulars talk about gossip, scores, predictions, etc about football and that keeps it fresh. Granted, not everyone likes this but mix it with the CBOT only posters who just pop in to say how much they hate it constantly and the regulars it can't be killed unless it's closed for some dumb reason.

I really do love that IWC BS though. You

Blog Entries
    Some people avoid debate because they simply don't like being disagreed with. Some people are loathe to admit that the opinions of others deserve to see the light of day as much as their own, despite how much it clashes with theirs. These people go to great lengths to tell you how they "hate all people with a passion" and other similar statements designed to keep people at arms length because when it's all said and done, they lack true conviction because they are just unable to maintain their opinion in debate without losing their rag. They accuse others of intolerance and closemindedness but it's OK when they do it. So they build a wall of fantasy around them to accompany their fantastical points of view and they even seem reasonable against that backdrop. Nothing wrong with a bit of nerd fantasy to get you through. Some people can object to "threads like this" and the WWE section and they can dress it up as them being above what is discussed here or there but the truth is they just aren't tough enough to hang there. The WWE section is not advanced physics to be sure, but who the hell expects it to be? Still, it doesn't stop a selection of nerdlingers from objecting to the discussions therein as moronic and simple in nature. But I know it's a wrestling website - not a fucking MENSA meeting. If your geekish insecurity means you have to constantly remind all and sundry how much higher your intelligent expectations are, maybe you're better off sticking to writing your promos and playing Magic: The Gathering.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    It's hardly the EFeds that have killed this thread bro. They've been struggling as it is and only recently all 3 EFeds have done massive changes or updates to get themselves back on track.

The reason this thread isn't as active is because a lot of certain posters have either stopped posting as frequent and some of the lesser frequent posters have just stopped and I'm included in it. Small percentages add up. Plus this place always had the odd post that could fuel pages worth of discussion or even just posting something you've found on the internet (Like my Bob Ross song for example.)

With these reasons happening and no-one even bringing anything new up it shouldn't come to a surprise since EWN hasn't had a proper new person who posts everywhere in a long time.

I really fail to see how IC'ing in EWNCW or IWA about how your going to retain a title is killing discussions about Gangdam Style, what we think to WrestleMania and other misc stuff that pops up very randomly.

Put it like this...

The football banter thread. Never died, never will and damn near always been active. Why? Well it's literally no different from this thread except every now and again the regulars talk about gossip, scores, predictions, etc about football and that keeps it fresh. Granted, not everyone likes this but mix it with the CBOT only posters who just pop in to say how much they hate it constantly and the regulars it can't be killed unless it's closed for some dumb reason.

I really do love that IWC BS though. You
    The Football thread has the benefit of things actually happening in the sport all the time, meaning there is always something to discuss. What have you got here? You have to make your own inspiration.

Blog Entries
    Some people avoid debate because they simply don't like being disagreed with. Some people are loathe to admit that the opinions of others deserve to see the light of day as much as their own, despite how much it clashes with theirs. These people go to great lengths to tell you how they "hate all people with a passion" and other similar statements designed to keep people at arms length because when it's all said and done, they lack true conviction because they are just unable to maintain their opinion in debate without losing their rag. They accuse others of intolerance and closemindedness but it's OK when they do it. So they build a wall of fantasy around them to accompany their fantastical points of view and they even seem reasonable against that backdrop. Nothing wrong with a bit of nerd fantasy to get you through. Some people can object to "threads like this" and the WWE section and they can dress it up as them being above what is discussed here or there but the truth is they just aren't tough enough to hang there. The WWE section is not advanced physics to be sure, but who the hell expects it to be? Still, it doesn't stop a selection of nerdlingers from objecting to the discussions therein as moronic and simple in nature. But I know it's a wrestling website - not a fucking MENSA meeting. If your geekish insecurity means you have to constantly remind all and sundry how much higher your intelligent expectations are, maybe you're better off sticking to writing your promos and playing Magic: The Gathering.

I have always wondered what many expect from a wrestling forum. Yea, I'll admit sometimes posting in the WWE section you are realizing that your arguments are going to clash with the views of someone you feel doesn't have the same intellect as you but who cares? Do you have such a superiority complex that you can't debate your opinions with others who you feel are less intelligent?

To me at least they have the balls to put their logic up for scrutiny. I am much more annoyed by people who propose on some topical issue who refuse to defend their stance than people who have crap logic who are willing to defend their crap logic.

Van I think you have some valid points about why Cbot doesn't always do well... It sometimes does have a negative feel but the cool thing about this thread is you can change the topic if you feel the need too... I mean, unless you said something absurd users tend to just go with the flow. I think eventually this thread will fill back up when people begin to want to shoot shit out of the fantasy realm. Most of the greatest conversations I've had on this site, including debates that I have been owned in, were in this thread... I think at some point when other users find this thread it will become more popular again.
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    The Football thread has the benefit of things actually happening in the sport all the time, meaning there is always something to discuss. What have you got here? You have to make your own inspiration.
    Exactly.

We've Irken doesn't post random stuff in here any more, Automatic and certain people who had a chunk of posts in this don't post or reply either and we've not replaced them for new members.

Arch angel is probably the only person to post in here who is new. Without replacements of the older people who leave/take time out from the forum the thread will die.

Just what happens. Nothing EFedding has done considering a lot of EFedders are the remaining regular posters (Poot, Asher, me, K2Jelly, KJ Punk, Dennis, etc.)

If these sexy people just EFedded then this thread would be you, Bod and probably 2 others lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    Exactly.

We've Irken doesn't post random stuff in here any more, Automatic and certain people who had a chunk of posts in this don't post or reply either and we've not replaced them for new members.

Arch angel is probably the only person to post in here who is new. Without replacements of the older people who leave/take time out from the forum the thread will die.

Just what happens. Nothing EFedding has done considering a lot of EFedders are the remaining regular posters (Poot, Asher, me, K2Jelly, KJ Punk, Dennis, etc.)

If these sexy people just EFedded then this thread would be you, Bod and probably 2 others lol
    What I was saying Van was that members drift over to the efeds and stay for tea and a chat. I imagine if Dennis and B Mac (for instance) weren't efedding then they would be conversing more here. As it is, they get a lot of their fill over there, at least thats what I believe. That's why I clarified that I wasn't blaming efeds rather than contributing responsibility for the drop off here. A lot of former CBoT regulars devote their energies there more now and hardly ever are here. When they do, it's hit and run style posting. That's how it appears to me anyway.

I think the glory days are definitely over for this site.

Blog Entries
    What I was saying Van was that members drift over to the efeds and stay for tea and a chat. I imagine if Dennis and B Mac (for instance) weren't efedding then they would be conversing more here. As it is, they get a lot of their fill over there, at least thats what I believe. That's why I clarified that I wasn't blaming efeds rather than contributing responsibility for the drop off here. A lot of former CBoT regulars devote their energies there more now and hardly ever are here. When they do, it's hit and run style posting. That's how it appears to me anyway.

I think the glory days are definitely over for this site.
    I will admit that is very true. I don't know if you could say the glory days are over though. I think it can pick back up. This site will never just be an efedding forum. Or at least I hope... I don't know if that would be very satisfying. I have noticed the movie/music thread has been getting more love lately... Which is nice.
    #TeamGeeky