Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post

That becomes a huge deal when you are looking at the book that has been telling you everything you need to know, including what family members you should alienate for their "unholy" lifestyle, what friends you can't have, and what opportunities you have to give up, all because you believe in a book that you see unravelling before your very eyes.
    *Looks at Asher knowingly. Folds arms. Taps foot. Sighs* Speaking from experience?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    I'd like to know who "they" would be. As far as I know, the only religion that really denies the existence of dinosaurs would be young Earth creationalists.
    My cousin wants to be a paleontology but doesn't believe in evolution... ... ...
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    It comes from the mindset that if part of the Bible is wrong (or Torah, Quran, Book of Shadows, etc) then all of it must be wrong since the entire point of each one is that they were created by the divine, and therefore must contain perfect truth.

That becomes a huge deal when you are looking at the book that has been telling you everything you need to know, including what family members you should alienate for their "unholy" lifestyle, what friends you can't have, and what opportunities you have to give up, all because you believe in a book that you see unravelling before your very eyes.

It causes a panic, which in itself produces the same fear that led to religion in the first place, thereby strengthening the hold of religion, while providing a 2nd devil (since the 1st dude has really run his course by now)
    I guess that's true. The friend that I'm talking about chooses not to deal with people that they deem to be vulgar. So I can imagine what you are saying might be part of the reason they act as they do.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    *Looks at Asher knowingly. Folds arms. Taps foot. Sighs* Speaking from experience?
    OK, so my family and myself are best at least 2 states away, of course not every wife calls her husband "Daddy" so I can almost see their point

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    I'd like to know who "they" would be. As far as I know, the only religion that really denies the existence of dinosaurs would be young Earth creationalists.
    The Seventh Day Adventists or Church Of The Latter Day Saints do, I'm not precisely sure which. The rest try to feebly explain it away as not being as old as science suggests or them being fucking dragons and actually appearing in the bible somewhere. But then, the bible has a lot of whacked out shit in it - that First Testament makes Harry Potter seem reasonable!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I guess that's true. The friend that I'm talking about chooses not to deal with people that they deem to be vulgar. So I can imagine what you are saying might be part of the reason they act as they do.
    Sounds like the type who will only have sex for procreation and only in the missionary position thankyou very much. Also, masturbation is wrong and even going to the toilet provides them with great amounts of conflict concerning the touching of their private parts. Oh dear

Blog Entries
    The Seventh Day Adventists or Church Of The Latter Day Saints do, I'm not precisely sure which. The rest try to feebly explain it away as not being as old as science suggests or them being fucking dragons and actually appearing in the bible somewhere. But then, the bible has a lot of whacked out shit in it - that First Testament makes Harry Potter seem reasonable!
    As far as I can tell, The Bible doesn't deny the existence of dinosaurs at all. In fact, a valid reason that the dinosaurs aren't mentioned in The Bible is because The Old(First) Testament was written in Hebrew and there is no Hebrew word for dinosaur. A couple of verses from The Bible have alluded to dinosaurs but they're ambiguous at best and can mean something else entirely. For example, in the Creation account found in Genesis, the Bible describes "great sea monsters" as being created on the fifth day. This very same type of description is found in the book of Job as God reprimands Job for doubting God.

Blog Entries
    As far as I can tell, The Bible doesn't deny the existence of dinosaurs at all. In fact, a valid reason that the dinosaurs aren't mentioned in The Bible is because The Old(First) Testament was written in Hebrew and there is no Hebrew word for dinosaur.
    Sounds like semantics to me. Look, half of what is wrong with religion is the people spruiking it and their fanciful interpretations to suit themselves and their chosen agenda.

A couple of verses from The Bible have alluded to dinosaurs but they're ambiguous at best and can mean something else entirely. For example, in the Creation account found in Genesis, the Bible describes "great sea monsters" as being created on the fifth day. This very same type of description is found in the book of Job as God reprimands Job for doubting God.
    Ambiguity at it's finest. Sounds like whales to me. Just like the writing of Nostradamous have been read into for years, you can twist any text to wring out the meaning you're after and the bible is not short on text to scour through.

Are you comparing me to Job? If so, I laugh in your general direction and I laugh at this god of yours too!

Blog Entries
    Sounds like semantics to me. Look, half of what is wrong with religion is the people spruiking it and their fanciful interpretations to suit themselves and their chosen agenda.

Ambiguity at it's finest. Sounds like whales to me. Just like the writing of Nostradamous have been read into for years, you can twist any text to wring out the meaning you're after and the bible is not short on text to scour through.

Are you comparing me to Job? If so, I laugh in your general direction and I laugh at this god of yours too!
    No comparison intended with the whole Job thing. Again, that certain translation is rather ambiguous and could very well mean dinosaurs. Then again, it could also mean something else entirely. I don't strongly believe in any other way. It's not easy to say for sure. My belief is that for the Creation account, the only thing that was necessary was showing God's power and his miraculous works in creating the universe. Wasting too much time to describe one species in particular wouldn't make much sense.

Blog Entries
    I want God to show this power and put this whole thing to rest if he has any love for his team. Otherwise, he's letting the side down.