Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    I'm glad to see that an atheist understands what's wrong with that part. People rag on and on about intolerance but telling someone to keep their religion to themselves in general? That screams intolerance in my book.

Atheist or not; the point still remains. Atheist can push ideals just as easily as the next religion.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

I wasn't objecting to that part, I do but that wasn't my main complaint. I hated the part where it said that "all religions are wrong but mine is right." Guy needs to remember the part about believing some stupid shit but thinking the other religion's stupid shit is wrong. "Of course there is no god. Everyone knows we 'evolved from monkeys, who evolved from fish, who evolved from bacteria. In the beginning we had nothing and that nothing exploded which created everything in the known universe. Christians are dumb."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Atheist or not; the point still remains. Atheist can push ideals just as easily as the next religion.
    Absolutely and just so you know, ILYR, I wasn't implying that you wouldn't get how wrong that statement was just because you're an atheist. It's just that that's the sort of talk that I've personally heard from plenty of atheists I've talked to in my lifetime and it's refreshing to hear that kind of sensible discourse from an atheist. Hope you didn't take offense.

Absolutely and just so you know, ILR, I wasn't implying that you wouldn't get how wrong that statement was just because you're an atheist. It's just that that's the sort of talk that I've personally heard from plenty of atheists I've talked to in my lifetime and it's refreshing to hear that kind of sensible discourse from an atheist. Hope you didn't take offense.
    Not every nonbeliever is a militant atheist that hates all religions. Same as not every religious person is a fundamentalist Muslim hellbent on killing infidels.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I love you Robstor View Post
    Not every nonbeliever is a militant atheist that hates all religions. Same as not every religious person is a fundamentalist Muslim hellbent on killing infidels.
    If only more people would realize that.

I hated the part where it said that "all religions are wrong but mine is right." Guy needs to remember the part about believing some stupid shit but thinking the other religion's stupid shit is wrong. "Of course there is no god. Everyone knows we 'evolved from monkeys, who evolved from fish, who evolved from bacteria. In the beginning we had nothing and that nothing exploded which created everything in the known universe. Christians are dumb."

Well said Irk; I have alway been a fan of science and while I can see where some conclusions can be drawn from sampled data, it is just impossible to constitute certain things as 100% fact. The half-life of Americium/Beryllium-241 is 432 years as stated by scientific laws based on the decay of a small sample size, but this in not a proven fact because the records haven't been kept on a specific source for 432 years in order to test the theory (at BEST we are at year 60 since it was discovered in the 1950s). It is all speculation, yet both science and religion have ways of testing specifics and claiming them to be universal.

Absolutely and just so you know, ILYR, I wasn't implying that you wouldn't get how wrong that statement was just because you're an atheist. It's just that that's the sort of talk that I've personally heard from plenty of atheists I've talked to in my lifetime and it's refreshing to hear that kind of sensible discourse from an atheist. Hope you didn't take offense.

I know what you are saying; just putting it out on both sides. I am just the type of person who would rather have all the facts on the table to make my own educated guess as to where to pin the tail while blindfolded. And no, I wouldn't take offense as I am not atheist; I have no right to be offended by the comment.

I love conversations like this. It seems as though the ideal known as "political correctness" frowns upon having conversations such as these with those of a differing belief system than your own. "You don't talk money/economy, politics, or religion as they are a taboo subjects that cause fights" has been a statement I have heard for the longest time. But my issue is that if you don't learn about them, how can you make an educated decision as to where you stand on the topic?

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Sorry about the confusion, DRG. That last apology was for I Love You Robstor. ILYR=I Love Your Robstor. I know you're a Christian.

Sorry about the confusion, DRG. That last apology was for I Love You Robstor. ILYR=I Love Your Robstor. I know you're a Christian.

Ahh... I just call him Irk. Anyone with an alternate account will be called Irk as a way to simplify. The only exception is Steve's Peg/Wade because he had the decency to clarify specifically who was behind the alt account.

DRG hates everyone

I hate being online on a Thursday. It's hard as hell trying to avoid Impact spoilers. I guess it's easier during the day time as it seems that when I am working nights on Thursdays, after the show airs the one goal of many users is trying to be the first person to post a topic on the events that concluded less than 10 mins ago.

So many looking for that feeling of self worth in all the wrong places.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I hate being online on a Thursday. It's hard as hell trying to avoid Impact spoilers. I guess it's easier during the day time as it seems that when I am working nights on Thursdays, after the show airs the one goal of many users is trying to be the first person to post a topic on the events that concluded less than 10 mins ago.

So many looking for that feeling of self worth in all the wrong places.
    You know what's even worse in my opinion, though? The new layout of the site. Now, whenever you read an article on the front page, you'll get comments from other random articles at the bottom of the screen. I've been on a spoiler-free diet for over two months now and I was finally starting to enjoy wrestling a little more as a result. But when I was reading an article from Ryan Clark yesterday, on Ric Flair's agent telling everyone on Flair's medical status since the blood clot scare, one of the random comments just so happened to be from a ***BIG SPOILER*** article for this week's Smackdown that someone by the name of Rob Baker spoiled for me!