Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Isn't that the "Are your Dylans perplexed" penguin?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve's Right Peg of Doom View Post
    Broken image but I'm guessing some kind of Rustled Jimmies deal?

Mayyybe.

Blog Entries
    Broken image but I'm guessing some kind of Rustled Jimmies deal?

;D

Hard to read TNA results without thinking that episode was a complete mess.

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty much convinced that a fair few of those that frequent the TNA section must genuinely be TNA employees, no one is that loyal to a single product where they will not accept any slight criticism at all by anyone and flip flop from stance to stance to keep up the overly pro TNA fan facade. I know a siege mentality can do strange things to people but we are full on Stepford Wives with a lot of them.

I try to be generally positive over the product these days, WWE and TNA both but these guys could teach Jim Jones a thing or two about ingraining blind loyalty and a willingness to follow no matter what. It really puts me off watching TNA and it certainly puts me off admitting to others that I'm a fan. I know it shouldn't really bother me and that I should be adult enough to just ignore it but it's like driving by a car crash, you just can't help yourself from rubber necking.

Try telling them this though and you're just flipped off as a disparager of the product and they refuse point blank to listen to what you may have to say and believe that you can't be a 'genuine' fan and instead are some WWE fan boy who is merely stating that you are a TNA fan in order to go on the offensive about it. This is really disturbing and yes I've had this stated to me more than once.

I Suppose I can't do a lot about it though, I've been trying for a while now and they seem to have become generally worse over the last 12 months. TNA success seems to breed this mentality into them even more, which is a shame because it's really great for the business as a whole to have a potential genuine competitor/alternative out there to turn to and shouldn't be just a tool for a bunch of insecure people to beat other products fans with.

Oh I know there are WWE fans out there who are just as bad if not worse but generally WWE fans (as well as other wrestling feds fans) are at least able to be objective about the product and be critical about it, where it's due.

I hope this is enough to get some decent conversation going that Robbie eagerly craves.

Plus I eagerly await DRG's rebuttal.
    Bit late to the table for this one, but here I go anyway.

As is well documented, my main problem with the whole of the wrestling world is the stupid fans. They seem oblivious to the fact that by being the way they are, they are alienating so many potential new fans, driving away some older fans even with their gung-ho, black and white style of seeing things when it comes to wrestling.
    I have never known a group of people more opposed to honest self examination and that attitude extends to the product, where they see only what they want and offer the most juvenile of responses and excuses when challenged. These type of fans should never and will never be let anywhere near the creative side of this business because of the great divide between what they think they know and how things actually are. But don't think that will stop them from spewing ill-considered opinion based on a marginal point of view.

TNA fans and CM Punk fans (most, it seems, but not all - nothing is absolute) really leave a sour taste in my mouth and clearly the mouths of others. Their approach of "this is the best and na-na-na-na-na-I'm-not-listening-to-what-you-have-to-say-na-na-na-na" is frustrating and obtuse. They possess equally the inability to engage in open and honest debate or take a moment to even consider that what they are defending has any kind of fault at all - and by blindly and ignorantly refuting this, they expose themselves as the type of narrow minded, mouth breathing fans to be avoided at all costs.

I firmly believe that if not for these 'hardcore' fans of TNA, they would have twice as many fans now, as they currently do. A big part of the reason why TNA's expansion and going on the road is a good thing, because slowly these fans will be outnumbered and the product might one day benefit from more even handed discussions and positive debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    To be fair, Stan Lee was a special brand of crazy for Marvel. There's much head shaking to be done there....
    People rag on Superman and Batman for having a power/gadget for every situation but Stark has a suit for every situation. Deep Space, Hulkbuster, Hydro Suit, Godkiller, Hypervelocity, Heartbreaker, Ghost Armor, Anti-Radiation, High Gravity, just to name a few. I'm pretty sure his main armor us up to Mark 47, his stealth armor is up to Mark 7.
    I will never forget you, CBot. You will always be my one true love.

I will never forget you, CBot. You will always be my one true love.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    THIS! I found it more hilarious due to the uncoordinated white men dancing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SESAfro View Post
    THIS! I found it more hilarious due to the uncoordinated white men dancing.
    You will never know the pain of being an uncoordinated white male who really wants to dance. But come on, there were a few unco girls in there too