1. #37441
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,293
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Wait, you don't think felicia day is attractive?
    No, not really. Nothing special certainly.

    I'll put it like this - looks wise, Stone has some sort of appeal, certainly. But in the same kind of way that cartoon girls can be hot - quirky, not quite real. But Levy is a true beauty I think. Like an Audrey Hepburn or young Elizabeth Taylor or Ann Margaret. Classic beauty. Day is like just some chick who catches your bus. Ho hum.



  2. #37442
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    For clarification are you saying that Felicia Day or Emma Stone is not a good actress?
    Felicia Day. The girl you directly referenced in the post I was responding to.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  3. #37443
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    I don't see her as a bad actress so much as suffering from the common issue all newer actors seem to have of being nothing more than character actors. If she isn't playing "Shy nerd girl" she just doesn't know what to do with herself.
    Typecast and character actors aren't the same thing. Felicia Day gets typecast, but she's not what I would call a character actor.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  4. #37444
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,449
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Felicia Day. The girl you directly referenced in the post I was responding to.
    I thought so, I was just making sure. I don't think she's a great actress, but she amuses me in the roles that she is in. I haven't really seen her outside of the comedy genre though. She does well in the guild and dr horrible is fun.
    #BeJelly


  5. #37445
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,293
    Blog Entries
    6
    Felicia Day looks like a female Robert Carradine. Or Corey Feldman's sister



  6. #37446
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Typecast and character actors aren't the same thing. Felicia Day gets typecast, but she's not what I would call a character actor.
    What I mean is, she only has the one character to call on. I joke around that I like to watch "The Guild" to cheer me up after the end of "Dr. Horrible" because Penny didn't die, she just changed her name and got the hell out :P


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  7. #37447
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    What I mean is, she only has the one character to call on. I joke around that I like to watch "The Guild" to cheer me up after the end of "Dr. Horrible" because Penny didn't die, she just changed her name and got the hell out :P
    Yeah, that's just being one-dimensional.

    Character actors are the likes of Phillip Seymour Hoffman, William H. Macy, and Paul Giamatti. Felicia Day doesn't belong anywhere near the company of talent like that.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  8. #37448
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Yeah, that's just being one-dimensional.

    Character actors are the likes of Phillip Seymour Hoffman, William H. Macy, and Paul Giamatti. Felicia Day doesn't belong anywhere near the company of talent like that.
    I understand the difference, believe me


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  9. #37449
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I thought so, I was just making sure. I don't think she's a great actress, but she amuses me in the roles that she is in. I haven't really seen her outside of the comedy genre though. She does well in the guild and dr horrible is fun.
    So you acknowledge that she's not a great actress and merely passable in the roles that she already has, yet you think all nerdy roles should go to her?

    You're doing that thing again, Dennis.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  10. #37450
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,449
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Yeah, that's just being one-dimensional.

    Character actors are the likes of Phillip Seymour Hoffman, William H. Macy, and Paul Giamatti. Felicia Day doesn't belong anywhere near the company of talent like that.
    I always enjoy your opinions of people's work that you don't per say "like". haha
    #BeJelly


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.