Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    ART is subjective. Be it film, music, or a 3 year olds finger painting. You only appreciate it as much as it causes an effect on your emotions. Movies are just the same - It's why a movie like The Great Raid would be thought of highly for me because my grandfather was an Army Ranger so I have an appreciation for the Rangers that were involved in the extraction of the POWs. Idiocracy is one of my favorite comedies because I can relate to the idea of the world becoming dumber due to the limitations of only 160 character messages. Why a film like Shawshank will always be in my top 3 films because the story as a whole was one of the best told on the screen - FOR ME. It's always subjective, Denny.
    Obviously art is always subjective. I just was trying to note that people tend to be more similar when it comes to movies than music...
    #BeJelly

And to the suits gif tag - I can only post this

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Obviously art is always subjective. I just was trying to note that people tend to be more similar when it comes to movies than music...
    This is a position that you can't bolster with anything of even remote substance.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    I still can't get my head around defending one instance based on a body of work. What is this, sport? "Not ever game you played this year was great, in fact some outright sucked, but overall you were the best this season and hey, tell you what - just for that, we're going to pretend none of those sucky things ever happened!" When you insist on reviewing the actress over the work, then you are nothing but a mark for that actress. That's it. There is no argument for that Dennis.

Also finding it hard to comprehend being a movie fan and only liking one or two "types" of movies. You know, I thought it was OK for me to say I liked Napoleon Dynamite AND Giant. That I liked Seven Psychopaths AND The Cat In The Hat. These movies are all in different genres so should I be limiting myself to only one or two of these? Should I then like ALL of Mike Myers work since I liked CITH? Am I not able to rip shit on him for some of that Austin Powers guff? That I loved Evil Dead 3 but hated Jennifer's Body - both movies which lay claim to belonging to the comedy/horror genre - should I like them both or hate them both in your world of absolutes? Forget the critics Dennis, your own logic fails if you intend to argue the merit of something and fail to bring any ammunition.

Blog Entries
    The reason I brought up critics for the movies was because I haven't watched the movie yet. Music, I can take 3 minutes and make a decision myself.
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bullshit. I am calling it on you Denny. If art is always subjective, you can't pick and choose which mediums of art greater levels of subjectivity have based on what suits you personal opinion. ANY medium you choose in art is subjective to the viewer of said art. If you are going to use the line of "generalize opinions" for a specific piece of art, then it applies to every facet of the subject; music or movies is irrelevant. This being the case, your beloved musical opinion takes a backseat and you are indeed at the discretion of said music critics you despise so much, all so your opinions of Emma Stone and her films are justified based upon the facts that they are popular with critics and a specific demographic. If you choose the route that all art is subjective, then you are now giving credit to those artists you like in the music realm, but the idea of Emma and her skills as an actress are solely up to your discretion and are indeed able to be scrutinized by the likes of your peers. You can't float in the grey line that is, "my opinion is the best and only people who agree with me are right." No one is allowed to be that way in life.

Check....

Mate....

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

I've come to this conclusion: Dennis just sort of says things.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I've come to this conclusion: Dennis just sort of says things.
    Legitimately surprised its taken this long.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

efed 2: the virgining

Top drawer! I'll guess it was Rob.

Blog Entries
    DRG, My point with critics was that I tend to agree with movie critics more. You are correct that I was wrong to imply that music is any more subjective.
    #BeJelly