Thread: #FreeBodom

  1. #35561
    Black Ninja! Wade Barrett 1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pedestal of Superiority
    Posts
    15,740
    Is this conversation still going on?

    I'm going back to the FOOTBALL thread (the real kind)

  2. #35562
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,275
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Wait, the guy who said that The help is one of his favorite movies is afraid of an unpopular opinion? Even though he's posting that on a wrestling forum lol
    Let me tell you what you're doing here. You are offering up a sacrifice to spare something else. In this case it's the bearing out of logic and reason. I'm sure saying to your (female) friends that you loved The Help is a VERY popular opinion in those circles. And I think you'd get mocked a great deal less than you think for stating that here. You just want to be THAT GUY, who says THAT THING, that makes everyone go "Oh NO he DIDN'T!!!" - but really? Liking that movie is about a 6 on the MEH scale. And DRG is right, it's mere deflection.



  3. #35563
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,448
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Is this conversation still going on?

    I'm going back to the FOOTBALL thread (the real kind)
    I think you mean soccer.
    #BeJelly


  4. #35564
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    His point wasn't totally off base to me. I just didn't agree with him putting me into that crowd. I don't mind having an unpopular opinion.


    But how is praising Emma Stone an unpopular opinion? Yes, around here it might be, but in the general public, it seems to be the consensus. My point wasn't that you should agree with him, but justify your stance on Emma being a solid actress. Give examples of her performances in which she could have never been interchangeable with the Hollywood Flavor of the Month.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  5. #35565
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,275
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Is this conversation still going on?

    I'm going back to the FOOTBALL thread (the real kind)
    See ya! (Robstar finds it funny that Wade comments on a continuing subject the heads back to a thread - dedicated to ONE subject - soccer.)



  6. #35566
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Let me tell you what you're doing here. You are offering up a sacrifice to spare something else. In this case it's the bearing out of logic and reason. I'm sure saying to your (female) friends that you loved The Help is a VERY popular opinion in those circles. And I think you'd get mocked a great deal less than you think for stating that here. You just want to be THAT GUY, who says THAT THING, that makes everyone go "Oh NO he DIDN'T!!!" - but really? Liking that movie is about a 6 on the MEH scale. And DRG is right, it's mere deflection.
    I love a good stroke of the ego




    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  7. #35567
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,448
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Let me tell you what you're doing here. You are offering up a sacrifice to spare something else. In this case it's the bearing out of logic and reason. I'm sure saying to your (female) friends that you loved The Help is a VERY popular opinion in those circles. And I think you'd get mocked a great deal less than you think for stating that here. You just want to be THAT GUY, who says THAT THING, that makes everyone go "Oh NO he DIDN'T!!!" - but really? Liking that movie is about a 6 on the MEH scale. And DRG is right, it's mere deflection.
    I like several things that my friends circle does not like. My friends hate Florence + The Machine but I think they are awesome.

    Also as I said in the next post I posted I agree with what you said about Hollywood... I wasn't deflecting I just didn't need to say, good point robstar. I think Emma Stone like every other actor and actress might fall to that same trap at some point or another. I'm not going to defend her on that point because I'm a fan of her work, I'm not a weird EMMA STONE IS A GODDESS type of guy.
    #BeJelly


  8. #35568
    Black Ninja! Wade Barrett 1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pedestal of Superiority
    Posts
    15,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    See ya! (Robstar finds it funny that Wade comments on a continuing subject the heads back to a thread - dedicated to ONE subject - soccer.)
    We still discuss a greater variety of topics.


  9. #35569
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    We still discuss a greater variety of topics.

    Like GidStin?


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  10. #35570
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Is this conversation still going on?

    I'm going back to the FOOTBALL thread (the real kind)
    Worthwhile contribution.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.