Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I am????????
    Well to me you are.

Blog Entries
    Strongly DISagree! You are still a hero bro. I don't buy the idea that it's the 'ultimate sacrifice' that qualifies you as a hero solely. So you're saying, the ones still fighting are heroes and the ones that died are heroes but the ones that get injured and survive but cannot fight anymore are NOT heroes? Poppycock! I doubt you apply the same judgement to your fellow Marines in the same predicament - I'm sure you classify them as heroes.
    I pisses me off to be put on some kind of pedestal because I got hit by a roadbomb. Here in the South especially, war vets are given "special treatment" because our roots run deep with fighting.

The day I got hit by the bomb I was on patrol with my two buddies. I honestly just got lucky because I wasn't the one that stepped on it, I just was in the line of shrapnel as it went off. The two beside me, one got both his legs blew off, and the other took shrapnel to the juggular.

When I come to, the first thing I noticed is I was deaf; I couldn't hear a damn thing but his awful ringing in my ears. I crawled over to Josh, who was the first one I saw, and drug him to the ditchbank. I watched him take his last three breaths while looking in my eyes while I was working on him. It was only after that, before I blacked out, I looked down and saw my leg in pieces

I'm not a hero for getting hit by a roadbomb, I was lucky. I wasn't a hero for performing cpr on a downed Marine, I just did what anyone would do in that situation.

Blog Entries
    And there were tags for me???

Blog Entries
    Anyway, sorry about all that. I kind of went into "black hawk down" mode there for a bit

And there were tags for me???
    Are you awake? Your sigs for Den and Ash have vanished was just missing them, that's all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Poot-Hair View Post
    I pisses me off to be put on some kind of pedestal because I got hit by a roadbomb. Here in the South especially, war vets are given "special treatment" because our roots run deep with fighting.

The day I got hit by the bomb I was on patrol with my two buddies. I honestly just got lucky because I wasn't the one that stepped on it, I just was in the line of shrapnel as it went off. The two beside me, one got both his legs blew off, and the other took shrapnel to the juggular.

When I come to, the first thing I noticed is I was deaf; I couldn't hear a damn thing but his awful ringing in my ears. I crawled over to Josh, who was the first one I saw, and drug him to the ditchbank. I watched him take his last three breaths while looking in my eyes while I was working on him. It was only after that, before I blacked out, I looked down and saw my leg in pieces

I'm not a hero for getting hit by a roadbomb, I was lucky. I wasn't a hero for performing cpr on a downed Marine, I just did what anyone would do in that situation.
    Dude, you can't avoid being coated with the same brush you use on your fellow Marines. Understand what I'm getting at?

OK, I've never been a big fan of the Simpson's, but when it did become Family Guy-esque? It's clearly time for the show to die if this is what it has to resort to to stay relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Poot-Hair View Post
    Anyway, sorry about all that. I kind of went into "black hawk down" mode there for a bit
    Don't feel you have to apologise talking about things like that man.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ PUNK View Post
    OK, I've never been a big fan of the Simpson's, but when it did become Family Guy-esque? It's clearly time for the show to die if this is what it has to resort to to stay relevant.
    The Simpson's has been poor for a good many seasons.

Blog Entries
    Dude, you can't avoid being coated with the same brush you use on your fellow Marines. Understand what I'm getting at?
    Yeah, I gotcha. I don't have to like it any though lol.