1. #31271
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Yeah. I guess I got carried away on that one. I don't see why he'd need to hide if he was pointing fingers. He's bold enough not to do it under any guise.
    Now you're catching on there, sport. The attitude like this will help you to avoid that tag line of "Poor me" when you obviously have nothing to sulk over in the context of the conversation. Think skin is more than just being able to take a joke at your expense; it also involves knowing when to say you are wrong, admit to fault, and avoid finding reasons to seek pity as a form of attention. I have the same talks with my son. He has a tendency to seek getting in trouble as a way to garner attention because, to him thanks to his incoherently oblivious mother, bad attention is still attention. It's this kind of thought process that we have to break ourselves from. Negative attention should be thought of as "negative" and not simplified as "attention".


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  2. #31272
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Kind of like those who oppose a doctrine or belief really loudly only to turn out to be hiding the self same secret? Naaaaahh. Too obvious.
    Seems like the plot on a made for television movie. Too bad people can't be comfortable enough with their beliefs to not have them shaken to the core everytime someone has a contradicting theory.

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ PUNK View Post
    Your card expires in 30 days.
    KJ - You win the key to B-Macs backdoor with this observation.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  3. #31273
    Black Ninja! bearkg88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    9,643
    Blog Entries
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    See Bear, THIS is the very problem. The idea has been anonymously passed out there that Ape and I rip on Dennis. I argue that we only point out Dennis' glaring flaws - but we're always there with an outstretched hand to help him up again. Noone mentions THAT.
    Ill be the first to admit i dont come to the cbot thread 24/7 but when i get on i occasionally see you and ape saying stuff and while i can see where you are trying to help and bestow some common sense and guy-ness on dennis, idk, sometimes ya come off as bashing. But i guess thats a matter of perception
     

  4. #31274
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,674
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Now you're catching on there, sport. The attitude like this will help you to avoid that tag line of "Poor me" when you obviously have nothing to sulk over in the context of the conversation. Think skin is more than just being able to take a joke at your expense; it also involves knowing when to say you are wrong, admit to fault, and avoid finding reasons to seek pity as a form of attention. I have the same talks with my son. He has a tendency to seek getting in trouble as a way to garner attention because, to him thanks to his incoherently oblivious mother, bad attention is still attention. It's this kind of thought process that we have to break ourselves from. Negative attention should be thought of as "negative" and not simplified as "attention".

    I'd be offended that you called me sport but I know I don't have a right to say anything else. When I owned up to my mistake with Dennis and the whole signature business, I wasn't trying to sound too remorseful so that people could form a pity circle, pat me on the back and coo "There, there. It'll be okay." Wasn't my intent and this time, without trying to conjure up any sob stories, I'll apologize to Robstar for flipping out like that.


  5. #31275
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,164
    Blog Entries
    6
    I really do love the ambiguity of the internet. It allows us to see who amongst us is bothered by the beating of the telltale heart; those who don the gay apparel of 'accusation' out of either guilt or uncertainty of self. Where there are these things, there is also the added vulnerability that comes with unsure footing. When our footing is uncertain, we often fall down. When we fall down we're forced (or are we?) to examine our actions. When we examine our actions - as we should from time to time - we alter our future responses. Make ourselves better. Become stronger people.

    You don't have to thank me. I live to serve.


  6. #31276
    Black Ninja! bearkg88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    9,643
    Blog Entries
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    bear - Read what Ape and Rob say to Dennis. They aren't calling him a fucking moron. They are telling him that the logic of someone in his position is flawed and give him valid explination as why those exact thoughts are more harmful than helpful.



    Funny are the ways of those who deem their opinions to be the moral compass for how life should be lived and that the term "Truth" is synonymous with their opinions.



    Okay, this was funny.
    While i understand they arent calling him a fucking moron, ill point out something, and excuse me if im a little off, but i think i caught most of it. Dennis's point about his friends not liking his alcohol breath so he needs mints. Ape and robstar gave their opinion a few times i believe, and i think one line was even "have u thought about what kind of friends they are if they act like that" or something. It wasnt a derogatory comment or anything but dennis has made it clear thats who he is or whatever. So what if how dennis defines himself by his actions dont match up to how ape and robstar view people should be or how the world views people should be. I mean, isnt that the point of being an individual? Doing your own thing? Ok..now im probably making no sense and just rambling
     

  7. #31277
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,674
    Blog Entries
    5
    Alright. I have to admit it. Got a good laugh from the "dennis defendor" tag. I appreciate the effort.


  8. #31278
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    Ill be the first to admit i dont come to the cbot thread 24/7 but when i get on i occasionally see you and ape saying stuff and while i can see where you are trying to help and bestow some common sense and guy-ness on dennis, idk, sometimes ya come off as bashing. But i guess thats a matter of perception
    That's the best part about perspective, bear...

    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    I'd be offended that you called me sport but I know I don't have a right to say anything else. When I owned up to my mistake with Dennis and the whole signature business, I wasn't trying to sound too remorseful so that people could form a pity circle, pat me on the back and coo "There, there. It'll be okay." Wasn't my intent and this time, without trying to conjure up any sob stories, I'll apologize to Robstar for flipping out like that.
    Why would the word "sport" be offensive? I use the term loosely like "bud", "bro", etc... But the point is being missed it seems. While you are grasping the logic as to where you failed with Denny, you still have that thought that people observe you in a specific way. The point to what I was making is that you project your own thoughts of yourself outward and you give off your lack of self confidence by making statements like the bolded. Its comments like this that make you appear to be trying to pull at the emotions of other to come to your defense when it isn't needed. In essence, what you did to/for Dennis, you are seeking someone to do for you in return. That is how the "Victim Card" actually applies in that you are willing to be the peacock that shows his feathers and intents for everyone to see. It comes off as a cry for "people! Don't you see that I am backing off from the topic of conversation and if anyone else is there on my side, jump in now before I truly have to give up on this!" I don't think you are doing this intentionally, however you do come across as needing the confirmation and reorganization from other to make you feel justified. That's where the "humility" aspect of my previous post comes into play. If you are doing it for others to see you, then you can't really grow from the experience...

    What's wrong with just saying, "Damn, I was wrong. My bad." The only reasons I say these things K2 is because I like you, but displays like these and holding onto past disagreements are not flattering of your character. People disagree all the time; it doesn't mean they're not good people. I disagree with Robstar, Iron Ape, Dennis, Bodom (yes I am brave enough to say it), Wade, VanHX, Tommy Thunder, etc... But that doesn't mean I am going to hold a grudge on some conversation we had 3 months ago.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  9. #31279
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    While i understand they arent calling him a fucking moron, ill point out something, and excuse me if im a little off, but i think i caught most of it. Dennis's point about his friends not liking his alcohol breath so he needs mints. Ape and robstar gave their opinion a few times i believe, and i think one line was even "have u thought about what kind of friends they are if they act like that" or something. It wasnt a derogatory comment or anything but dennis has made it clear thats who he is or whatever. So what if how dennis defines himself by his actions dont match up to how ape and robstar view people should be or how the world views people should be. I mean, isnt that the point of being an individual? Doing your own thing? Ok..now im probably making no sense and just rambling

    Fair point taken, but let me ask you this - If you have a friend who is close to you and he knows that the girl you have been taking out has herpes, would you not want your friend to at least care enough to warn you of the dangers and life long possible results of sleeping with that girl?

    It is an extreme example, but remember that often times the mistakes in our youth haunt us in ways we never expected. I love my 9 year old with all I can, but had I known that I'd pay $700 a month for him, I'd probably thought about wearing a condom that night. This doesn't change how much I love my son, it just confirms that knowledge (or lack there of) can affect your ability to make "good decisions" in life... Especially when you're in your late teens/early 20s.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  10. #31280
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,674
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    That's the best part about perspective, bear...



    Why would the word "sport" be offensive? I use the term loosely like "bud", "bro", etc... But the point is being missed it seems. While you are grasping the logic as to where you failed with Denny, you still have that thought that people observe you in a specific way. The point to what I was making is that you project your own thoughts of yourself outward and you give off your lack of self confidence by making statements like the bolded. Its comments like this that make you appear to be trying to pull at the emotions of other to come to your defense when it isn't needed. In essence, what you did to/for Dennis, you are seeking someone to do for you in return. That is how the "Victim Card" actually applies in that you are willing to be the peacock that shows his feathers and intents for everyone to see. It comes off as a cry for "people! Don't you see that I am backing off from the topic of conversation and if anyone else is there on my side, jump in now before I truly have to give up on this!" I don't think you are doing this intentionally, however you do come across as needing the confirmation and reorganization from other to make you feel justified. That's where the "humility" aspect of my previous post comes into play. If you are doing it for others to see you, then you can't really grow from the experience...

    What's wrong with just saying, "Damn, I was wrong. My bad." The only reasons I say these things K2 is because I like you, but displays like these and holding onto past disagreements are not flattering of your character. People disagree all the time; it doesn't mean they're not good people. I disagree with Robstar, Iron Ape, Dennis, Bodom (yes I am brave enough to say it), Wade, VanHX, Tommy Thunder, etc... But that doesn't mean I am going to hold a grudge on some conversation we had 3 months ago.
    Nothing at all. When I make apologies, I want to sound sincere because I want the person I offended to know that I messed up. If I just say something along the lines of "Sorry 'bout that." and just walk away like I've done my job, then I feel like there's a chance that they might not believe me because I wanted to resolve issues as simply as possible without going overboard. But then if I do, my insecurities get deflected upon them and they feel as if they need to apologize to me when I'm at fault because my apology makes them feel guilty. Basically, I'm not good at finding a balance.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.