Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I won't roll my eyes Den Den, you could have picked much worse.

On the subject of The Joker, everyone is going to have their favourite, but for mine it's Ledger and here's why. Nicholson played Joker as equal parts Jack Nicholson and Cesar Romero's Joker. Was it good? Sure. But it was just another great Nicholson role. If you really want to judge it, don't compare it to other Jokers - compare it to other Nicholson roles.

As for TDK, be it Ledgers or Nolans idea (or both) to portray The Joker in this style was nothing short of masterful. Nobody should ever listen to what comic book "purists" have to say because they are nothing but insulated and narrow minded fanboys. I look forward to them losing control of their bodily functions if they go ahead and make Joseph Gordon Levitt the Batman.
    I disagree with Asher about Ledgers death making it seem better - it sure didn't do anything to make crap like The Patriot or A Knight's Tale seem any better, now did it? (I don't care what anyone says, AKT was fucking terrible) But the guy showed he had chops in Brokeback Mountain and Monsters Ball.

In any case, it really just comes down to personal preference.
    That's because they weren't his last,most focused upon roles. No one cares at all about Patriot or Knight's Tale anymore.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post
    That's because they weren't his last,most focused upon roles. No one cares at all about Patriot or Knight's Tale anymore.
    Pretty much
    that's the Brandon Lee effect, if you die during or right after making a movie, that movie becomes bigger than your career.

Also I fucking love A Knight's Tale, it makes me laugh

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    Pretty much
    that's the Brandon Lee effect, if you die during or right after making a movie, that movie becomes bigger than your career.

Also I fucking love A Knight's Tale, it makes me laugh
    True that. Laser Mission hardly became a classic. Or did it? But as I said, Ledger had chops, Lee....not so much. That we got to see anyway. I watched some of The Crow the other day. Now there's a movie time hasn't been kind to. It made me wince more than once. I suppose it's OK when you're 20 or so and don't really comprehend if what you're watching is actually good or not. But within a limited scope, it's OK I suppose.

Southern Blood, you'd be surprised. I've seen people on here rave about AKT as if it were Shakespeare directed by Kubrick.

Blog Entries
    Boring boring blah blah postwhore bore
    Are you calling me a post whore robby? Because this post didn't have much content to it either... hhahahah Tons of posts in this thread are one liners... Interesting question for you do you guys pretty much the same television shows or do you guys mostly have your own tv shows from Australia?
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Are you calling me a post whore robby? Because this post didn't have much content to it either... hhahahah Tons of posts in this thread are one liners... Interesting question for you do you guys pretty much the same television shows or do you guys mostly have your own tv shows from Australia?
    It's probably about 10% Aussie(if that) and the rest international. I believe there's some law that insists that a certain amount of home made stuff has to be shown.

Blog Entries
    When I was growing up, the abbreviation TDK meant something totally different than it does to people today.

Blog Entries
    When I was growing up, the abbreviation TDK meant something totally different than it does to people today.
    What did TDK mean?
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    What did TDK mean?
    They made these....

And these

But today they make these...

Blog Entries
    You just made me feel young and ignorant.
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    You just made me feel young and ignorant.
    Really? It took this long?