1. #30571
    Black Ninja!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Shovel Shop
    Posts
    14,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Hey, One of them is going to watch the dark knight with me because I kept annoying her about it when I was drunk... Who doesn't want to watch some batman. Sadly, and I'm sure robstar and Iron ape would roll their eyes if they saw this.... The Dark Knight is my favorite movie of all time... haha
    meh...Heath ledger is the second best joker...


    To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

  2. #30572
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,488
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    meh...Heath ledger is the second best joker...
    to who? lol I'm not being a hater on other batman movies I like most of them... even batman and robin is ok to me. I don't think Heath ledger is as good as people gave him credit for... I think chris nolan did an amazing job in that movie though, and christian bale doesn't get enough effort for his kind of major role in that movie because of what happen with heath ledger.
    #BeJelly


  3. #30573
    Black Ninja!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Shovel Shop
    Posts
    14,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    to who? lol I'm not being a hater on other batman movies I like most of them... even batman and robin is ok to me. I don't think Heath ledger is as good as people gave him credit for... I think chris nolan did an amazing job in that movie though, and christian bale doesn't get enough effort for his kind of major role in that movie because of what happen with heath ledger.
    Jack Nicholson....

    I like christian bale as batman... I think when they decide to make new ones with the guy who played Robin... I forgot his name again in the last movie.... with him as batman, it will be even better,


    To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

  4. #30574
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,488
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Jack Nicholson....

    I like christian bale as batman... I think when they decide to make new ones with the guy who played Robin... I forgot his name again in the last movie.... with him as batman, it will be even better,
    That is a possibility... he is already a famous and pretty solid actor himself... I think they will likely start up a new batman trilogy with in the next five years, they are a huge money maker. I think they might try to pull a marvel and make a justice league movie, which kind of means they would have to have an aquaman and flash movie... those could be pretty solid if they ever do happen.
    #BeJelly


  5. #30575
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Jack Nicholson....

    I like christian bale as batman... I think when they decide to make new ones with the guy who played Robin... I forgot his name again in the last movie.... with him as batman, it will be even better,
    To me this really isn't up for Debate. Jack Nicholson Owned that role, he did it completely, and he did it perfectly. Heath did a hell of a job, but he sort of got Brandon-Lee'd where his death caused him to be remembered as greater than he was, imo. Nicholson was closer in my view to the Comic Book Joker that was so awesome that he was un-killed to become the longest lasting recurring villain in the Batman Universe (unless I am mistaken, been a while since my Batman nerd knowledge has been tested) he kept the "funhouse insanity" alive, whereas Heath was more "Amoral Nihilist"

    Don't get me wrong, Heath Ledger was a hell of an actor, and gave a great performance for a psychotic face-slashing killer, it just didn't feel like The Joker to me.


    If ya gotta go out, go out with a smile!


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  6. #30576
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,363
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    FINNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeee... you want to be technical... I'll search google for Ashley punk... the first picture is you...

    conveniently... It comes up with an ashley massaro pic...

    Ashley Massaro....what a trashbag. Complete with clothing carefully culled from the Bratz clothing line, a pair of the fakest and worst looking tits possibly ever and obligatory "bad girl" coloured hair streaks. She was no great loss to the business.



  7. #30577
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,363
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Hey, One of them is going to watch the dark knight with me because I kept annoying her about it when I was drunk... Who doesn't want to watch some batman. Sadly, and I'm sure robstar and Iron ape would roll their eyes if they saw this.... The Dark Knight is my favorite movie of all time... haha
    I won't roll my eyes Den Den, you could have picked much worse.

    On the subject of The Joker, everyone is going to have their favourite, but for mine it's Ledger and here's why. Nicholson played Joker as equal parts Jack Nicholson and Cesar Romero's Joker. Was it good? Sure. But it was just another great Nicholson role. If you really want to judge it, don't compare it to other Jokers - compare it to other Nicholson roles.

    As for TDK, be it Ledgers or Nolans idea (or both) to portray The Joker in this style was nothing short of masterful. Nobody should ever listen to what comic book "purists" have to say because they are nothing but insulated and narrow minded fanboys. I look forward to them losing control of their bodily functions if they go ahead and make Joseph Gordon Levitt the Batman.
    I disagree with Asher about Ledgers death making it seem better - it sure didn't do anything to make crap like The Patriot or A Knight's Tale seem any better, now did it? (I don't care what anyone says, AKT was fucking terrible) But the guy showed he had chops in Brokeback Mountain and Monsters Ball.

    In any case, it really just comes down to personal preference.



  8. #30578
    Ledger's character was so good that they changed to comics to make the Joker more like him.

    End of discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion

  9. #30579
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,488
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I won't roll my eyes Den Den, you could have picked much worse.

    On the subject of The Joker, everyone is going to have their favourite, but for mine it's Ledger and here's why. Nicholson played Joker as equal parts Jack Nicholson and Cesar Romero's Joker. Was it good? Sure. But it was just another great Nicholson role. If you really want to judge it, don't compare it to other Jokers - compare it to other Nicholson roles.

    As for TDK, be it Ledgers or Nolans idea (or both) to portray The Joker in this style was nothing short of masterful. Nobody should ever listen to what comic book "purists" have to say because they are nothing but insulated and narrow minded fanboys. I look forward to them losing control of their bodily functions if they go ahead and make Joseph Gordon Levitt the Batman.
    I disagree with Asher about Ledgers death making it seem better - it sure didn't do anything to make crap like The Patriot or A Knight's Tale seem any better, now did it? (I don't care what anyone says, AKT was fucking terrible) But the guy showed he had chops in Brokeback Mountain and Monsters Ball.

    In any case, it really just comes down to personal preference.
    I prefer the nolan joker as well... I'm not hating on any of the batman jokers though, all have their merit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Ashley Massaro....what a trashbag. Complete with clothing carefully culled from the Bratz clothing line, a pair of the fakest and worst looking tits possibly ever and obligatory "bad girl" coloured hair streaks. She was no great loss to the business.
    I use to think she was really hot because when I was a teenager and apparently very silly... because she is not very attractive compared to the other divas.
    #BeJelly


  10. #30580
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,363
    Blog Entries
    6
    Boring boring blah blah postwhore bore



Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.