Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Don't forget about pop-culture references being equated as wit.
    Oh that's right, the whole thing was a John Hughes "tribute" wasn't it? We could recommend some actual Hughes movies to Den Den?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Then how would you know if you'd even seen a bad movie? How would you be able to gauge that? Plus your appreciation levels would be WAY off.
    I have watched bad movies, I just don't watch them by myself. I watched cloverfield and gone, connan the barbarian (new one) was so bad that I actually walked out... it was a double feature as well, I watched it the same time I watched the help... a much better movie.

*totally waits for Dennis to construe this as my saying that Emma Stone looks like a horse*
    No, I assume you are aware that emma stone is attractive (not in a normal hollywood super overwhelmingly attractive but what one would call a normal attractive female) I got what you were going for. I get what your saying that there are better movies than it as far as story goes... but I have to admit I am almost thinking about watching it again for it's clever use of words and just the tone threw out the entire movie.
    #BeJelly

Oh that's right, the whole thing was a John Hughes "tribute" wasn't it?
    It was supposed to be, but I think it completely failed in that regard.

We could recommend some actual Hughes movies to Den Den?
    That's not a bad idea, actually.

While not an actual Hughes movie (though it is sort of one in spirit), I think my favorite teenage rom-com of the 80s has to be Say Anything.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    It was supposed to be, but I think it completely failed in that regard.

While not an actual Hughes movie (though it is sort of one in spirit), I think my favorite teenage rom-com of the 80s has to be Say Anything.
    I didn't know it was suppose to be a hughes film... I will look out for that movie.. I wonder if it's on netflix hahah probably not.
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    to be fair I posted a post about easy a earlier in this page... left for like 4 hours... and got back and no one had said anything. I figured if any post would get you to quote me it would be a post that praised emma stone!
    Honestly Dennis, I saw the post, but I couldn't think of anything to say about it. I liked the movie but didn't think it to be something I could have a deeper discussion on. It was something I see being on TBS and I might keep it on for a bit, but the moment the first commercial break comes up, I'll be surfing my guide and probably clicking over to a re-run of Storage Wars.

I think my two "fondest" films from the 80s were St. Elmo's Fire, Wargames, and Weird Science. I know the first film is more nostalgic because it's one of the first movies I remember seeing in a theater with my mother in the 90s (the theater here was doing an 80s film marathon as a special and being that the film was one of her favorites, I saved up my money earned on a side job after school and took her to go see it.). The second I still find enjoyment in that the film always seems to spark the interest of the kid in me, much like the Goonies still does. The third is simply because I was a bit of a nerdy kid in Junior High and the two characters struck home with the person I was before I started playing sports in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

The film was good but the thing that always sticks in my head when I hear the title is this image

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Honestly Dennis, I saw the post, but I couldn't think of anything to say about it. I liked the movie but didn't think it to be something I could have a deeper discussion on. It was something I see being on TBS and I might keep it on for a bit, but the moment the first commercial break comes up, I'll be surfing my guide and probably clicking over to a re-run of Storage Wars.
    Well I was also perpetuating iron ape's jokes about me liking emma stone too much. so there were multiple ways that discussion could of went.
    #BeJelly

Well I was also perpetuating iron ape's jokes about me liking emma stone too much. so there were multiple ways that discussion could of went.
    Fair enough. I was just bringing to light as to why the post sat there for 4 hours without a comment made.

BTW - I just finished TED. The only thing I can say to the film is that it definately is everything you'd expect from a Seth MacFarlane movie

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Fair enough. I was just bringing to light as to why the post sat there for 4 hours without a comment made.

BTW - I just finished TED. The only thing I can say to the film is that it definately is everything you'd expect from a Seth MacFarlane movie
    Yea, I just was talking to my uncle about that movie today. His wife doesn't like family guy and he was talking about watching it with her... I told him if she doesn't like that sense of humor she will not like ted... the movie is funny, but it's definitely Seth MacFarlane's movie.
    #BeJelly

Yea, I just was talking to my uncle about that movie today. His wife doesn't like family guy and he was talking about watching it with her... I told him if she doesn't like that sense of humor she will not like ted... the movie is funny, but it's definitely Seth MacFarlane's movie.

I will say the movie had some funny parts to it, but much like with Family Guy, you'd have to watch it numerous times to remember the jokes that you liked. I honestly just finished the film a half hour ago and I can remember the direction of the plot but the only thing that really sticks is that Flash Gordon looks really old now. Outside of that, I could watch it again and probably not remember half of the movie dialog.

DRG hates everyone