1. #29961
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,264
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Random. My dad said he just saw John Cena. So I got mad, but then he told me it was John Cena's brother. Apparently they look just alike. Not that mad anymore.
    Why would that make you mad?



  2. #29962
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,434
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I didn't want to urinate on your Macy's Day event by mentioning how not all that great Easy A is, so I thought I would do the humanitarian thing by letting you bask in your moment.

    But yeah. Easy A ain't all that.
    it's a pretty good comedy. it's full of witty jokes. it's rated like an 85 on rottentomatoes. I mean that's not great but it's pretty high for a comedy.
    #TeamGeeky


  3. #29963
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,264
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    it's a pretty good comedy. it's full of witty jokes. it's rated like an 85 on rottentomatoes. I mean that's not great but it's pretty high for a comedy.
    Dennis, I want you to do a Pauly Shore Marathon. Not just as punishment but to help adjust your movie barometer.



  4. #29964
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,434
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Dennis, I want you to do a Pauly Shore Marathon. Not just as punishment but to help adjust your movie barometer.
    I try to watch movies I would enjoy. Crazy thought I know .
    #TeamGeeky


  5. #29965
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,264
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I try to watch movies I would enjoy. Crazy thought I know .
    Then how would you know if you'd even seen a bad movie? How would you be able to gauge that? Plus your appreciation levels would be WAY off.



  6. #29966
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    it's a pretty good comedy. it's full of witty jokes. it's rated like an 85 on rottentomatoes. I mean that's not great but it's pretty high for a comedy.
    I attribute the bulk of the strong reception to people becoming enamored with that pony Emma Stone and her one particular trick. Her breaking out, however, wasn't enough for me to overlook the failings of the rest of the movie, which somehow fooled folks into thinking it was more clever than it actually was (which could possibly have to do with the further devaluation of the word "clever").

    10 Things I Hate About You did the whole re-working a literary classic into a teenage rom-com shtick first and did it far better.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  7. #29967
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I attribute the bulk of the strong reception to people becoming enamored with that pony Emma Stone and her one particular trick. Her breaking out, however, wasn't enough for me to overlook the failings of the rest of the movie, which somehow fooled folks into thinking it was more clever than it actually was (which could possibly have to do with the further devaluation of the word "clever").

    10 Things I Hate About You did the whole re-working a literary classic into a teenage rom-com shtick first and did it far better.
    *totally waits for Dennis to construe this as my saying that Emma Stone looks like a horse*


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  8. #29968
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,264
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I attribute the bulk of the strong reception to people becoming enamored with that pony Emma Stone and her one particular trick. Her breaking out, however, wasn't enough for me to overlook the failings of the rest of the movie, which somehow fooled folks into thinking it was more clever than it actually was (which could possibly have to do with the further devaluation of the word "clever").

    10 Things I Hate About You did the whole re-working a literary classic into a teenage rom-com shtick first and did it far better.
    Formula - Emma Stone + Sexual Themes + Teen Styled Comedy = rave reviews for the less discerning.



  9. #29969
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Why would that make you mad?
    I have always wanted to meet John Cena, and when my dad told me he's about to talk to him. I was mad that I wasn't there.

  10. #29970
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Formula - Emma Stone + Sexual Themes + Teen Styled Comedy = rave reviews for the less discerning.
    Don't forget about pop-culture references being equated as wit.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.