Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind_Bastard View Post
    This reminds me that Spain's current constitution is only 34 years old and needs a change, but politicians will not hear about it. Same thing seems to happen in the US.
    Look, it reminds me of why the Bible is so flawed. I say this as a non religious person but as a philosophical observation - as a doctrine, it's waaaaay outdated. Some sects take some or all of it at it's very word. I mean, come on, it was written up to 2000 years ago ffs! Some of it just doesn't apply now - and it brings in to question the stuff that does apply; that does work, as a consequence.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Look, it reminds me of why the Bible is so flawed. I say this as a non religious person but as a philosophical observation - as a doctrine, it's waaaaay outdated. Some sects take some or all of it at it's very word. I mean, come on, it was written up to 2000 years ago ffs! Some of it just doesn't apply now - and it brings in to question the stuff that does apply; that does work, as a consequence.
    I'm going to try to word this well because I know any critique of the bible should be with much respect to all the people that follow it... but I think there are some major moral questions that the bible doesn't really answer... Probably for the reason that you gave, they just were not big issues 2000 years ago when the bible was written... but it makes it hard for someone living today to follow.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I'm going to try to word this well because I know any critique of the bible should be with much respect to all the people that follow it... but I think there are some major moral questions that the bible doesn't really answer... Probably for the reason that you gave, they just were not big issues 2000 years ago when the bible was written... but it makes it hard for someone living today to follow.
    Exactly. For every mis/re/interpreted idea it puts forward, there's 5 ideas it doesn't even broach. At least. The major problem lies in if you start to disassemble and reassemble, your opponents will jump on you at your weakest. So, fear of losing power prevents it from happening - even though it's in the good of mankind. It's like "fuck your future, I want my power now".

Blog Entries
    Exactly. For every mis/re/interpreted idea it puts forward, there's 5 ideas it doesn't even broach. At least. The major problem lies in if you start to disassemble and reassemble, your opponents will jump on you at your weakest. So, fear of losing power prevents it from happening - even though it's in the good of mankind. It's like "fuck your future, I want my power now".
    A lot of times people are just impatient. Even if something is in your best interest if it's not good for now, most people don't want it.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Which is why the American (or most tbh) governments can't get out of their own way to do what's best for themselves or the country. "That would be political suicide" - so they don't do it, they don't oppose what they should, reform what they could. The motive is all wrong.

What I hate most about politics is this attitude - "Oh so the Republicans are putting something forward? We need to oppose that because we're Democrats.(or vice versa)No, it doesn't matter what it is, how good it might be. We'll push it through when we get to power. Sure we could make things better now, but what's the point if someone else gets the credit?"

Blog Entries
    Just read about the shooting, proper fucked. RIP to those kids and adults.

What's worse is that the gunman always shoots themselves so you get no sense of justice or closure, especially for the parents.

Blog Entries
    So this guy, the shooter, has killed his father at home and his mother was one of the teachers at the school. This brings up yet another issue - the access to social welfare/mental health system is so filled with obstacles, it's nigh impossible to navigate. From assessment to classification of threat level, the whole thing is totally impersonal - which is crazy because what we're dealing with is as personal as it gets. Often it turns out people have seen the signs and chosen to ignore them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPunk View Post
    Belfast is the same pal lol
    I wanna be in Texas or something
    Austin is where it's at.
    Not quite sure what "it" is, but it's here, that for sure.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    5 movies
    scott pilgrim vs the world
    V for vendetta
    The dark knight
    The amazing spiderman
    Cabin in the woods

Five songs that are Awesome
    Little Lion Man-Mumford and sons
    Last Nite- The strokes
    Friday I'm in love- The cure
    Jeremy- pearl jam
    Second law: unsustainable-muse

Five albums
    Florence and the machine-Lungs
    Foo fighters- wasting light
    Nirvana- Nevermind
    Paramore- Riot
    The xx- coexist
    So, guess I should say what the point of this one was eh?
    A friend of mine said that books are constantly being forgotten and left out of conversations, that the only books that anyone is able to talk about these days were shitty ones, and nobody seemed to enjoy anything openly. We came up with this to see if there was anyone that had books that were their favorite, or even that they liked.

Within 2 posts, books stopped even making the cut for the lists

nobody reads anymore.

and I just lost 10 bucks.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    So this guy, the shooter, has killed his father at home and his mother was one of the teachers at the school. This brings up yet another issue - the access to social welfare/mental health system is so filled with obstacles, it's nigh impossible to navigate. From assessment to classification of threat level, the whole thing is totally impersonal - which is crazy because what we're dealing with is as personal as it gets. Often it turns out people have seen the signs and chosen to ignore them.
    It's hard to realize who is actually at risk... do you have any ideas on how to fix these systems?
    #BeJelly