Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    The United States constitution gives Americans rights to have guns. It does not give us the rights to have unlimited amounts of guns, and guaranteed access to assault rifles. And it doesn't say that Americans need to get them right away... There is nothing unconstitutional about making gun ownership slightly harder.
    Let me give you this outsiders opinion - your constitution is flawed in extremis. It does as much, if not more, harm than good. I know that it was created with the grandest of intentions but it is wrong now. It doesn't work. In the same way Communism will only work in certain conditions and situations, the American system has tried to adapt with the times, but diverged from a liveable reality some time ago.

The longer Americans press forward with a flawed ideology, the more the foundation of democracy will crumble. And then.....civil war. Insurrection. Chaos. But there is no other way forward that doesn't involve some chaos and uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I've never been much of a fan of this franchise. Didn't read the books - tried The Hobbit once when I was younger, couldn't take to it. I'll probably still watch it though!
    I really like the LOTR franchise, so I freaked out when I heard Peter Jackson was going to this into his hands. And I've been waiting anxiously ever since then. The books are still a lot better than the movies though.

I've never been much of a fan of this franchise. Didn't read the books - tried The Hobbit once when I was younger, couldn't take to it. I'll probably still watch it though!
    I'm kind of shocked by the lukewarm reception it's receiving. Should be interesting to see if it goes on to be as successful as the LOTR trilogy (which I'm beginning to suspect that it won't).

My main interest in the film stems from the new 48fps format that Jackson used to shoot it. Seems to be pretty divisive so far, and I'm curious as to whether this is going to affect whether Cameron goes through with using the tech for the next two Avatar movies, like he intended.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Let me give you this outsiders opinion - your constitution is flawed in extremis. It does as much, if not more, harm than good. I know that it was created with the grandest of intentions but it is wrong now. It doesn't work. In the same way Communism will only work in certain conditions and situations, the American system has tried to adapt with the times, but diverged from a liveable reality some time ago.

The longer Americans press forward with a flawed ideology, the more the foundation of democracy will crumble. And then.....civil war. Insurrection. Chaos. But there is no other way forward that doesn't involve some chaos and uncertainty.
    That's a fair thought. I don't think our constitution is all bad. I just think giving a constitutional right to something that isn't fundamental for your rights, is silly. I don't see any amendment that says I have the right to water, or the right to a horse or a car all of which are more important to my life today. I do think we need some major changes to our constitution... and I do believe that a democratic republic is the best system for a political system.
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I'm kind of shocked by the lukewarm reception it's receiving. Should be interesting to see if it goes on to be as successful as the LOTR trilogy (which I'm beginning to suspect that it won't).

My main interest in the film stems from the new 48fps format that Jackson used to shoot it. Seems to be pretty divisive so far, and I'm curious as to whether this is going to affect whether Cameron goes through with using the tech for the next two Avatar movies, like he intended.
    I'm interested to see how they've stretched such a significantly smaller source of material out to three films. I'm anticipating lots of navel gazing in the middle of each film.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    I'm interested to see how they've stretched such a significantly smaller source of material out to three films. I'm anticipating lots of navel gazing in the middle of each film.
    They've made 3 out of it? No, this is why it's going to go badly if it does. It sounds a bit like Harry Potter and Twilight milking the last book for two movies.

Blog Entries
    Let me give you this outsiders opinion - your constitution is flawed in extremis. It does as much, if not more, harm than good. I know that it was created with the grandest of intentions but it is wrong now.
    This reminds me that Spain's current constitution is only 34 years old and needs a change, but politicians will not hear about it. Same thing seems to happen in the US.

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

Find all the EWNCW links here.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Jackson is also pulling from the appendices in the LOTR books, so that's filling the movies out. It really shouldn't be padded anywhere near as much as folks think.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    They've made 3 out of it? No, this is why it's going to go badly if it does. It sounds a bit like Harry Potter and Twilight milking the last book for two movies.
    One of them is supposed to be the story between The Hobbit and LOTR. That is unnecessary, in my opinion, and will be the worse of the three by far.

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Jackson is also pulling from the appendices in the LOTR books, so that's filling the two movies out. It really shouldn't be padded anywhere near as much as folks think.
    You ninja'd me!!!

Also check TWE!!