1. #28211
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Well, I haven't played video games in years, so I have no experience with it, but if I were them, I'd just curse back even harder.
    Ever try civil conversation?

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Go to hell.

  2. #28212
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Batmania
    Posts
    24,366
    Blog Entries
    6
    It's like I just said in that other thread Awesome, gaming is for all walks of life now, no matter how douchey. You can't keep them out.

  3. #28213
    Black Ninja! Automatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotterdam, Holland
    Posts
    6,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Bomb View Post
    Ever try civil conversation?
    No, but seems p. pointless, if they are already saying stuff like that.

    ''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

  4. #28214
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    It's like I just said in that other thread Awesome, gaming is for all walks of life now, no matter how douchey. You can't keep them out.
    Its the people that are already there that is the problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Go to hell.

  5. #28215
    Black Ninja! Automatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotterdam, Holland
    Posts
    6,405
    GODDAMN, why is Cena giving another promo for Ryback and cheerleading the crowd into cheering "Feed me more"?

    Stupid shit.

    ''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

  6. #28216
    Moving this to here from Good Geek Goddess thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    And you need to accept this...

    ...is as far as you are going to get with some people. Honestly, it's not worth the effort trying to educate some people
    For some people yes but the majority of people can be persuaded. It is those people we need to be trying to change. Not doing anything about it is almost as bad as doing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Go to hell.

  7. #28217
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,504
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    It's like I just said in that other thread Awesome, gaming is for all walks of life now, no matter how douchey. You can't keep them out.
    I'm a nerd... and my friends give me crap that I'm also good at call of duty because they say that game is pretty much for the jocks to say they are gamers.... also call of duty hasn't really been creative since like call of duty 4 but whatever
    #BeJelly


  8. #28218
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Batmania
    Posts
    24,366
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Bomb View Post
    Its the people that are already there that is the problem.
    I know what you're saying. It used to be that the nerds and the geeks (for want of a better term) could only seek each other out at school and form small select groups and be very protective of that. They'd still be a little bit douchey themselves but it was generally harmless, whisper-behind-the-hand, when noone was around type of jibes. Because they lacked the courage to stand up for themseves and/or the common sense to know that that very action makes them a bigger target.

    Now what we are seeing is the anonymous gaming douchebag. And I can assure you that is something not restricted to the tough guy jock type - I would bet my ballsack and all it's contents that now they have the shield of anonymity, geeks are using it as a platform to vent, to act tough too. I'm also willing to bet that they are the worst type of abusive dickhead gamer there is. Their natural social insecurity and insularity is amplified out the back end.

    Because, there is one universal truth when it comes to people (there's probably more, but anyway....) and that is - a dickhead is a dickhead and a good person is a good person and the race, creed, gender, sexuality or walk of life they come from has no necessary bearing on that.

  9. #28219
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Batmania
    Posts
    24,366
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Bomb View Post
    Moving this to here from Good Geek Goddess thread.


    For some people yes but the majority of people can be persuaded. It is those people we need to be trying to change. Not doing anything about it is almost as bad as doing it.
    Fair point. You can't sit on your hands and do nothing - that would be worse, I agree.

  10. #28220
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,504
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I know what you're saying. It used to be that the nerds and the geeks (for want of a better term) could only seek each other out at school and form small select groups and be very protective of that. They'd still be a little bit douchey themselves but it was generally harmless, whisper-behind-the-hand, when noone was around type of jibes. Because they lacked the courage to stand up for themseves and/or the common sense to know that that very action makes them a bigger target.

    Now what we are seeing is the anonymous gaming douchebag. And I can assure you that is something not restricted to the tough guy jock type - I would bet my ballsack and all it's contents that now they have the shield of anonymity, geeks are using it as a platform to vent, to act tough too. I'm also willing to bet that they are the worst type of abusive dickhead gamer there is. Their natural social insecurity and insularity is amplified out the back end.

    Because, there is one universal truth when it comes to people (there's probably more, but anyway....) and that is - a dickhead is a dickhead and a good person is a good person and the race, creed, gender, sexuality or walk of life they come from has no necessary bearing on that.
    Do you play online games? I agree I get attacked all the time when I'm playing games... I have learned as I get older it's funnier to just act super nice when you kill someone and agree that it was a lucky kill or a lucky win of some sort. No need in being the bigger man over a console.
    #BeJelly


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.