Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    That is probably the greatest thing I have heard today! I am starting to notice cm punk is becoming more recognizable with the general populous, so I'm curious if more than just the base wrestling fans thought of cm punk when that song played.
    We used to have this thing called social awareness and at that time we just knew Cult Of Personality as a song by Living Colour. To me, it always will be something I associate with them, since I used to regularly listen to it 20 years ago. They also used it on a Nutri Grain commercial here for many years.

And for those of you who weren't there...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    We used to have this thing called social awareness and at that time we just knew Cult Of Personality as a song by Living Colour. To me, it always will be something I associate with them, since I used to regularly listen to it 20 years ago. They also used it on a Nutri Grain commercial here for many years.

And for those of you who weren't there...
    I was driving with my friend a while back who is a fan of the wwe... but he just happen to have the song cult of personality on his ipod... and he said it was their before punk and I thought it was strange. can you guys think of popular songs that superstars come out to? it's almost always songs that are not well known.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I was driving with my friend a while back who is a fan of the wwe... but he just happen to have the song cult of personality on his ipod... and he said it was their before punk and I thought it was strange. can you guys think of popular songs that superstars come out to? it's almost always songs that are not well known.
    Not nowadays. WWE like to get in there first and copyright songs and whatnot. So if I was in a band that had any hope of our songs being known for themselves, rather than a wrestler, I would question the decision to let a wrestler use my song. But a payday is a payday

Blog Entries
    Not nowadays. WWE like to get in there first and copyright songs and whatnot. So if I was in a band that had any hope of our songs being known for themselves, rather than a wrestler, I would question the decision to let a wrestler use my song. But a payday is a payday
    that's fair. I do enjoy some entrance music but it's usually not what I would listen to on a regular basis. Also not songs that I would think would become popular. though I remember seeing the band three days grace in a wwe game before they became popular and I had a feeling that they would become big and they were the type of music that I liked at the time...
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Now it seems like they lock these bands down and you don't hear much else of them. There's a few exceptions, like when they purchase a Nickelback song, but generally the WWE is tapping into the wealth of same-ish sounding alt-metal/rock bands out there. It's not like there is a shortage of them.

Blog Entries
    Now it seems like they lock these bands down and you don't hear much else of them. There's a few exceptions, like when they purchase a Nickelback song, but generally the WWE is tapping into the wealth of same-ish sounding alt-metal/rock bands out there. It's not like there is a shortage of them.
    that's true. I just realized there isn't a superstar with a country gimmick right now so there is no need for country music... that's strange. (in the wwe) I don't think major bands want much to do with the wwe, nickelback being the exception, I could go on a random hate rant about nickelback but I think we are all sick of this rant.
    #BeJelly

Half of the roster having that Downstait-y cookie-cutter radio rock bullshit for themes drives me friggin' bonkers.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Half of the roster having that Downstait-y cookie-cutter radio rock bullshit for themes drives me friggin' bonkers.
    yea, I agree. Though I have noticed there is a ton of quality music coming out lately. I know this sounds like a strange idea, but would it be out of line to start a cbot like thread for music? or should that just stay in this thread?
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I know you love listening to that Primetime Swag.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    I know you love listening to that Primetime Swag.

as much as I hate that song. it's a perfect song for that gimmick.
    #BeJelly