1. #25891

  2. #25892
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,682
    Blog Entries
    5
    I never thought that people could be so ignorant and simple minded. Get this; so I go to meet some friends of mine up in the Bradley building, a dorm building on campus. At night, they lock off ALL possible entrances so that no one except Bradley residents and faculty can get inside with their keys. So, I'm on my way to the back of the building where I notice a girl, walking about fifteen feet in front of me, frequently turn her head around to look back at me as I walk in her direction, which lead to the back of the building. As I jog over to her and ask her if she could let me inside the building with her key, she runs to the door while on her phone, looking terrified as she bolts inside and takes off up a flight of stairs. Keep in mind, I was wearing a hoodie BUT before I asked her if she could let me inside, I took it off AND pulled out my Mount card key to let her know I was a student but apparently, that was good enough.


    I seriously have no idea if what just happened was a case of racial profiling or the result from watching WAY too many horror movies but I can't lie, I'm pretty miffed about it. As if I have nothing better to do with my time than rape and/or kidnap white girls at 7:30 at night. #Don'tFlatterYourselfBroad


  3. #25893
    Black Ninja Moderator Bodom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    16,957
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    I never thought that people could be so ignorant and simple minded. Get this; so I go to meet some friends of mine up in the Bradley building, a dorm building on campus. At night, they lock off ALL possible entrances so that no one except Bradley residents and faculty can get inside with their keys. So, I'm on my way to the back of the building where I notice a girl, walking about fifteen feet in front of me, frequently turn her head around to look back at me as I walk in her direction, which lead to the back of the building. As I jog over to her and ask her if she could let me inside the building with her key, she runs to the door while on her phone, looking terrified as she bolts inside and takes off up a flight of stairs. Keep in mind, I was wearing a hoodie BUT before I asked her if she could let me inside, I took it off AND pulled out my Mount card key to let her know I was a student but apparently, that was good enough.


    I seriously have no idea if what just happened was a case of racial profiling or the result from watching WAY too many horror movies but I can't lie, I'm pretty miffed about it. As if I have nothing better to do with my time than rape and/or kidnap white girls at 7:30 at night. #Don'tFlatterYourselfBroad
    Well there's your mistake right there.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

  4. #25894
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,682
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Well there's your mistake right there.
    Guess so. Not too long ago, someone molested a female student in the library. She might report this "incident".


  5. #25895
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,482
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Well there's your mistake right there.
    well played....
    #BeJelly


  6. #25896
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,363
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    I never thought that people could be so ignorant and simple minded. Get this; so I go to meet some friends of mine up in the Bradley building, a dorm building on campus. At night, they lock off ALL possible entrances so that no one except Bradley residents and faculty can get inside with their keys. So, I'm on my way to the back of the building where I notice a girl, walking about fifteen feet in front of me, frequently turn her head around to look back at me as I walk in her direction, which lead to the back of the building. As I jog over to her and ask her if she could let me inside the building with her key, she runs to the door while on her phone, looking terrified as she bolts inside and takes off up a flight of stairs. Keep in mind, I was wearing a hoodie BUT before I asked her if she could let me inside, I took it off AND pulled out my Mount card key to let her know I was a student but apparently, that was good enough.


    I seriously have no idea if what just happened was a case of racial profiling or the result from watching WAY too many horror movies but I can't lie, I'm pretty miffed about it. As if I have nothing better to do with my time than rape and/or kidnap white girls at 7:30 at night. #Don'tFlatterYourselfBroad
    OK, putting aside your skin colour for one moment, lets look at this from a different angle - say I'm a girl who's realised someone is "following" her, he's wearing a hoodie and for whatever reason, that's enough to scare me. Then that guy starts jogging towards me, as if he wants to head me off before I can reach the relative safety of the building - and now I'm really getting scared. What do I do? Oprah is always telling me never to let myself get taken to the second location! RUN!!! Now the guy is pulling down his hood because he doesn't care anymore if I see his face because dead girls tell no tales and - OH NO! - he's reaching into his pocket for something - OMG what is it??! I'm not sticking around to find out!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

    So, yeah it sure could have been that she's got a colour issue. But she also may have been paranoid stoned, just come from watching a scary movie (as you said) or has simply watched too many; perhaps her friends and relatives have been in her ear over and over about how careful she needs to be and first time off the farm and all; plus you say a girl on your campus was molested recently?
    You may have indeed been the victim of racial profiling - but maybe, just maybe you're guilty of psychological profiling?

    Just giving another perspective Jelly



  7. #25897
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,682
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    OK, putting aside your skin colour for one moment, lets look at this from a different angle - say I'm a girl who's realised someone is "following" her, he's wearing a hoodie and for whatever reason, that's enough to scare me. Then that guy starts jogging towards me, as if he wants to head me off before I can reach the relative safety of the building - and now I'm really getting scared. What do I do? Oprah is always telling me never to let myself get taken to the second location! RUN!!! Now the guy is pulling down his hood because he doesn't care anymore if I see his face because dead girls tell no tales and - OH NO! - he's reaching into his pocket for something - OMG what is it??! I'm not sticking around to find out!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

    So, yeah it sure could have been that she's got a colour issue. But she also may have been paranoid stoned, just come from watching a scary movie (as you said) or has simply watched too many; perhaps her friends and relatives have been in her ear over and over about how careful she needs to be and first time off the farm and all; plus you say a girl on your campus was molested recently?
    You may have indeed been the victim of racial profiling - but maybe, just maybe you're guilty of psychological profiling?

    Just giving another perspective Jelly

    Maybe. What had me thinking otherwise was the fact that I've been wearing this hoodie all this time and have been out on cold nights like tonight like this before and nothing like this has ever happened to me before. NEVER. I guess "first time for everything" but it seemed like she had me pegged as a rapist from the start. See, when I was trying to get into Bradley from a different entrance, I noticed that she saw me trying to get inside the building and gave me a bewildered look even before I "pursued" her.


  8. #25898
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,482
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    OK, putting aside your skin colour for one moment, lets look at this from a different angle - say I'm a girl who's realised someone is "following" her, he's wearing a hoodie and for whatever reason, that's enough to scare me. Then that guy starts jogging towards me, as if he wants to head me off before I can reach the relative safety of the building - and now I'm really getting scared. What do I do? Oprah is always telling me never to let myself get taken to the second location! RUN!!! Now the guy is pulling down his hood because he doesn't care anymore if I see his face because dead girls tell no tales and - OH NO! - he's reaching into his pocket for something - OMG what is it??! I'm not sticking around to find out!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

    So, yeah it sure could have been that she's got a colour issue. But she also may have been paranoid stoned, just come from watching a scary movie (as you said) or has simply watched too many; perhaps her friends and relatives have been in her ear over and over about how careful she needs to be and first time off the farm and all; plus you say a girl on your campus was molested recently?
    You may have indeed been the victim of racial profiling - but maybe, just maybe you're guilty of psychological profiling?

    Just giving another perspective Jelly
    I think your right. if I heard that someone was just molested on my campus and a strange person was following me I would be cautious and I'm a 6' tall man, I'm sure she would be even more cautious.
    #BeJelly


  9. #25899
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,682
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I think your right. if I heard that someone was just molested on my campus and a strange person was following me I would be cautious and I'm a 6' tall man, I'm sure she would be even more cautious.
    Guess the skin color didn't help either.

    Nah, I'm not gonna press on with my victim mentality. Maybe I approached the situation wrong or maybe she really is a bigot. Either way, I just pray the police don't get involved with this.


  10. #25900
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,363
    Blog Entries
    6
    Hey, I can honestly say that there's been occasions where I KNOW my appearance has caused people to be unnecessarily biased about me and my supposed (by them) intentions. You are right, the problem is in her head and hopefully goes no deeper than a logical fear of being raped. It's sad that we live in a world where using "logical fear of being raped" in a sentence is a normal thing to say or think, just as it's sad that there may have been other reasons she feared you.



Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.